This was the pinnacle of technology

This was the pinnacle of technology

prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6BUPvE2sM
support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/306038/your-computer-does-not-start-if-the-system-hive-is-too-large
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A challenger appears.

Unironically my favorite UI ever. So comfy.

You have to be 18+ to post here.

Shitty file explorer locking up whenever there's a network operation. XP was an abomination.

Yeah? I was 12 when XP came out. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. Same reason I am so fond of OSX 7.x's look.

>OSX
Mac OS, rather. Damn Apple and their obsession with v. 10 makes me associate the name with the OS after all these years.

Pre-update 7 was amazing though?

This, but set to list, not large icons.

im the pinnacle of technology

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

I don't like the old way of showing opened windows. They stop being comfy once you open too many of them. It's easier if one program is one icon which holds all the windows under it. It never gets too cluttered.
>inb4 just use one program at a time and close it when you open the next one

It hasn't aged well in terms of looks, but it was perfect for the time. Same with Windows 7. 8.1 is just a brushed up version that's still supported.

The firewall is shit

>list
>not details

>Any program can load kernel drivers
>Moreover, drivers can do whatever the fuck they want with the kernel
Enjoy your botnets.

I don't get it, why are people here so paranoid about Win10?
>oh noes i'm being under surveillance

If you use a smart phone, have a car with a navigation system, if you buy things in a supermarket - you are also being under surveillance. There are CCTV cameras everywhere ffs.
You have to be an ultra-neet basement dweller to actually be afraid of such things. Even then you shouldn't be. At least when the feds will want to have a chat with you, you'll get a chance to have a real conversation with real people. Think positive.

>pinnacle
it's pineapple mate

Well no shit.

PPAP

youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6BUPvE2sM

>32-bit OS
Into the trash and so on.

I lol at this. So true. Have to stay at mommy's basement.

>We already have shitloads of surveillence everywhere so why not a little more?

>we already have shitloads of garbage everywhere so why not litter some more?

>This board is almost nothing but shitposts, so why not one more?

Bait but I take it
You're not Being under surveillance outside with cameras and whatever , not personally , being under surveillance on your own computer or smartphone is like having an camera in your bathroom.

Nigga it was literally 2002, also there was a x64 edition as well.

Hey boys, need help for a friend’s build, he wants his PC to handle games properly but not being overkill, it’s for kinda casual gaming. He lives in Belgium. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance lads

His budget would go up to 1500 euros btw

The 64-bit version of XP was mostly crap, very little driver support. Vista with its rewritten driver model was the start of mainstream 64-bit support from hardware manufacturers.

>half the menus are in one app, the rest that Microsoft forgot about are still in the control panel
>control panel's interface is better
>updates are buggy and shit
Wow I wonder why people wouldn't want to use this inconsistent train-wreck of an OS?

the os or the system itself?

SP3 maybe by the time it was released
XP 1st release and SP1 were such a piece of shit, i remember almost all the programs i used in 98 and 2000 got fucked up and couldn't run or got corrupted under XP because fuck you, still SP3 was the glory.

Do you type this in every XP thread

Okay, but if you use the Internet *at all* you're getting monitored by just about every website.
(Cookies or not - server logs are a thing.)
You do know they're fixing that with every update, right? More and more stuff is being moved from the Control Panel to Settings.

Windows 2000 is more stable. Also OS/2 is great.

XP x64 was fucking great, and Vista's driver model initially broke far more than it helped.
The incompatibilities were overblown, a LOT of hardware even from before 2005 got drivers for it.

>prove me wrong

I can't

>He lives in Belgium
doesn't need a new PC
will be ass raped by mudshits soon

Did this have that quavers game? Pushover something. Fuck my mind isnt what it was (but pushover was fun)

Windows 2000 doesnt boot if the registry gets too big. More stable? 2k a shit.

They're upset they will have no other choice in a few years because win7 will be obsoleted just like xp so win7 fags are buttblasted because I don't know maybe they have CP on their hard drive who knows.

Can't wait for win7 to die in a fire and join xp in the grave, anyone who still supports that abortion deserves to have their security holes abused to no end.

Win 7 was great, but there is literally no reason to stay on it when all the juicy surveillance has been backported to it, unless you block all updates in which case have fun with the virus surveilling you instead.

Citation needed.

Also citation needed for XP not suffering from the same problem, if it actually exists that is.

hey pajeet

>not hardening your system by closing all services, etc.

its ugly af tbqh you boomers have shit taste /thread
windows 7 is where its at

I care about privacy
but more importantly Windows 10 is shit with more problems and negative features than any version before it.

Aero is fugly too.

Windows 10 unironically has the best UI after the classic one. Too bad about all the spying...

From the wiki:
>The registry size is now limited only by the available disk space. The System hive still has a maximum size, but it has been raised from 12 MB to 200 MB, eliminating the issue previous Windows versions faced

support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/306038/your-computer-does-not-start-if-the-system-hive-is-too-large

>The System hive still has a maximum size
>200 MB
>"eliminating" the issue

OK user you win this one (I dont mind 2K really but XP has lots of little improvements like this one).

Eh I agree with you kinda, e.g. XP also fixed the registry editor itself (used to be split into two programs for some reason).
But that stuff could've easily been backported.

>muh bright colorful UI
>haha fucking mac toddlers and their bright colorful UIs though am I right?
Anyways. Yes, it's really nice to look back fondly on the days I spent with XP. Nostalgia will do that, though. You'll only remember the good. Look up the term "rosy retrospection." In reality, it was really buggy and insecure.