Tablets

Fuck, it's happening. My Nexus 7 2013 is falling apart.
Any good 7-8 inch tablets around just as good for a similar piece point?
I was looking at the Lenovo tab 4 8, but that's all I got. No Nividia Shields where I live.

I don't want to go over 8 inches. Any recommendations at all? Fuck man, I loved this damn thing ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCAeBe2hVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

iPad Pro 10.5”

Why is it failing user? Software or hardware?

Hardware. I did a cache partition wipe, factory reset all that shit, still issues even in safe mode.

It just completely goes to shit randomly. First the touchscreen completely stops. I turn it off, and turning it back on there's a massive delay.

Soft reset, touchscreen doesn't work for about 20 mins then randomly starts working again. It's definitely hardware.

If it helps, I don't do anything special on a tablet.
Watch anime, shitpost on Sup Forums. That's about it really.

>falling apart
every time I see anyone else's (usually the average normie) I fucking cringe, I don't see how anyone takes such bad care of their shit. Everything I own, including some things I have owned for years and years, are like new. So why can't the average thot keep her iPhone in one piece? It's not hard to just, y'know, care for your shit and keep its safety in mind and such, and your life will improve ~20% just from all your shit being nice.

anyone else's tech*

Replace emmc by yourself?

Falling apart was the wrong word. My tablet is in perfect condition, never left it's case I bought for it even.
It's just failing internally now.4 years of heavy usage.

try installing the newest lineage on it, see what happens. If you've really cared for it, this shouldn't be happening after just 4 years, even though it does sound like hardware.

Actually did that already too, and nothing was fixed.
I tried absolutely everything I could to make sure it's not software related, because I love this tablet and would rather not get a new one. But I'm out of options.
Got anything to recommend?

Still have a launch iPad 1 from 2010 that gets daily use that works perfectly. Battery and all. Stop buying cheap shit.

Honestly man, another fucking nexus 7.
They had the best hardware out on tablets of their size when they were new, and that translates to still formidable power for today.
You can still get 'em new, too

xperia z3 tablet compact

a lenovo x2XX or x6X series tablet / laptop convertible of course. even better if it runs libreboot

Nexus 7 is pretty solid. Honestly not sure what could have happened.

What do you guys think of a Lenovo tablet? Was looking at the tab 4 8

Which colour?

Nokia N1
iPad mini
Xiaomi Mi Pad

FNF iFive Mini 4S

>these are the only available tablets
What happened?
Did the tablet bubble burst? Ir because bigger phones became the norm?

galaxy tab e 16 gb is sometimes on sale for $139 or so during this holiday season

>galaxy tab e
Aren't these are budget tablets with shitty specs?
Also 16 GB isn't enough since the actual capacity is less.

Combination of xbox hueg phones and ultrabooks ate away at the middle ground tablets once dominated

They cheaped out on the eMMC mate
I converted my filesystem to F2FS and installed a compatible ROM

t. N7 2012 owner

nah man, thats too much to shove up my ass. not at your lvl yet

Can you elaborate?
I have Nexus 7 2012, and the battery can't barely last more than 3-4 hours, and I'm still on kitkat 4.4.4, since I've heard that updating would slow it down.

I'm on a PureNexus ROM running 6.0.1 and I find it a good balance of speed and features.

Basically Asus cheaped out on the flash memory, and its prone to degradation and failure. Kingston memory is the most unreliable.

Luckily I got Samsung chips so I'm doing okay.
Check your battery capacity in something like Kernel Adiutor. I've lost about 600mAH over then years but I get 5.5-6 SOT still

>Kingston memory is the most unreliable
I thought it's the other way around.
>Kernel Adiutor
I didn't root it or even flashed custom ROM.
Most of the guides are for Windows.

Yo absolutely need at least root because N7 memory doesn't TRIM automatically. I have the Trimmer app to do it for me.

>N7 memory doesn't TRIM
You sure?
I remember something like that, but it was fixed with Android 4.4.4, the issue was if you used the device before updating.

You are correct, 4.3 brought TRIM to the table.

>Still have a launch iPad 1 from 2010 that gets daily use that works perfectly.

My iPad Air 2 is dogshit slow now, I can't imagine your painful experience.

you can get the amazon fire tablet and manually remove the preinstalled junk.for under 100 buckaroos it's a steal.

I have an ipad 3 that regularly crashes the browser and loses wifi connection at random. the LG tablet from around the same time works fine. don't buy overpriced shit.

>Xiaomi Mi Pad
this

The amazon fire have shit specs.
Also it's locked down, you can't "remove" the bloatware.

I would recommend the Huawei MediaPad X2 if it had better Rom support. 7" screen without the fuckhuge bezels

What makes a good specs for tablet?And why aren't anybody recommending Galaxy Tab S 3?

Any good tablets that are semen resistant?
My nexus 9 died from my semen getting into it from the speakers

Anything with glass, or shrink wrap the tablet.

Google was said to release Nexus 7 2017 this year but it somehow didn't happen. Maybe wait half a year.

Stop recommending this shit in every goddamn thread you shill . I have one and its fucking locked down laggy bloatware. It autodownloads The Grand Tour and Bubble Guppies. It automatically updates with no option to turn it off. Any modifications made like removing lock screen ads gets reverted by their bullshit OS. Fire OS is trash, you can barely replace the launcher and its super buggy. Amazon Fire is trash, I'm using one right now, get anything but this sad excuse of a tablet

You could open it up and try to clean it out. Electronics don't suddenly degrade in performance, it's more digital, it either works or it doesn't.

Try to clean it out, check if it reaches advertised clocks via some software. Could be throttling or power issue. If it's the latter, I'm afraid the board is on it's way.

Yes, bigger phones and smaller laptops. You can get a 13" ultrabooks or chromebooks with touchscreen and a 360 degree hinge for the same price as tablets. Normies finally wisened up and realized that keyboard is more important than the extra 100 grams it adds.

>there will never be a Nexus 7 3 because of muh low tablet demand
>EMMA EMMA I LOVE YOU OH EMMA EMMA I LOVE YOU

I have the same issues like him with that model.

>ultrabooks or chromebooks
With worse performance than phone or a laptop

Do this youtube.com/watch?v=LLCAeBe2hVU
Sounds stupid but it fixed my touchscreen issues

Install a clean ROM
>>ultrabooks or chromebooks
Facebook machines. With keyboard. 99% of the audience doesn't care if the bios is locked down, if the system is throttling when firing up furmark and OCCT at the same time, or if IME is enabled. They want a tab of youtube, a tab of facebook, a tab of twitter and a general purpose tab for their dicking and a keyboard obviously.