Is GNU communism?

Is GNU communism?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/11/30/im-a-depression-historian-the-gop-tax-bill-is-straight-out-of-1929/
anarchy.no/proudhon.html
filmsforaction.org/news/recovered-economic-history-everyone-but-an-idiot-knows-that-the-lower-classes-must-be-kept-poor-or-they-will-never-be-industrious/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idk, but is there any question Windows is capitalism though?

If shooting people is communism then burgers are spreading communism to each other every day.

Also AIDS

>innocents

>You can sell any GPL software no strings attached
>you can use GPL software for any reason whatsoever, even for any political thing
>There is no central figure dictating what you can do with said GPL software, just follow the license you agreed to and there are no problems
GPL is ancap

This. Yuropoor here, I went to Chicago last month for business and in the subway I saw infinite advertisement boards for some kind of AIDS preventive pill. 'Murrika truly needs to get its shit together.

Literally every time communism has been tried it was the exact opposite of communism.

>you can sell no strings attached
No.

>You can sell any GPL software no strings attached
Is that why every single business out there like Apple, Microsoft, Oracle, etc., avoid GPL software like the plague?

Fuck off!

Give me one single example where stallman actually had a problem with GPL software being sold for profit. Only time stallman has ever had a problem is when the GPL license was violated.

Those are business decisions you baka, GPL has not one single aspect stopping you from pursuing profit off GPL software.

>AFPA v. Edu4 (2001)
>Linksys/Cisco (2003)
>Welte vs Sitecom (2004)
>Welte vs Fortinet UK Ltd. (2005)
>Wallace v. FSF (2005)
>Wallace v. IBM et al (2006)
>Welte vs D-Link (2006)
>Free/Iliad (2007)
>Welte vs Skype (2008)
>FSF vs Cisco (2009)
>Busybox vs Best Buy et al (2009-2012)
>Welte in AVM vs Cybits case (2011)
>Welte vs Fantec (2013)

>baka
Opinion descarted.

All of those are companies intentionally trying to not have to follow the license they agreed to, surprised you didn't post the tivo case where tivo did follow the license, but uses a signature to stop the software if it's found to be modified.

Anime website

Ancaps don't believe in copyrights, you nigger.

If it can be violated then it means there are strings attached, you fucking moron.

Business decisions ARE made with profit in mind you idiot, I hope you realize your sentence is a contradictio in terminis.

>"there are no strings attached"
>*post list of violations due to strings attached*
>"b-but th-that's different!!"

This, capitalism is dogshit.

So if you want to try to weasel your way out of following a simple license you agreed with, how about you not use GPL in the first place you shifty manipulative rodent.

Nope. It's a voluntary arrangement between free people. Conditional sharing agreements are part of any free market.

Now if GNU was a government agency, and imposed GPL restrictions by fiat rather than by agreement, then that would be non-free. Which brand of non-free system depends on the rhetoric they use to justify it, but usually these days it's Marxism of some form or another.

You said there were no strings attached, I've shown you there are strings attached, you got buttblasted and started calling me a weasel and a rodent. Get over yourself.

There are no restrictions on selling it, that doesn't mean you can violate the license. It's like committing murder to the first degree and then complaining that freedom is being restricted, how retarded can you get.

>There are no restrictions on selling it
Then explain this

They intentionally tried to violate the license they agreed to, try to keep up here. I get it that your intelligence is painfully low and that keeping a simple agreement you agreed to is hard, but please put some effort into this.

this is very on point

/thread

>there are no restrictions
>... but there are
Just stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself.

Windows isn't capitalism,it's held together through the concept of outsourcing, which is only something that can occur when a government's regulations make it less profitable to do business locally. So, a business in return has to find a place with less regulation and move the jobs over there, in order to fix their profit margin. Crony capitalism is the enemy here, and the government having the power to regulate is why windows sucks so hard.

You've been proven wrong already, nigger. Shut up!

I can already tell you're the kind of guy who will complain we have laws because that restricts freedom

>agree to contract
>why do I have to do what I agreed to????
bsd brainlet

Niggers can't comprehend politics they don't count.

Communism is ok in cases with "intellectual property" because it can be copied for free.
/thread

>worst logic ever

GNU gives you the freedom to treat software as any other object, without the communist anti-capitalist system of copyrighting/trademarking material to use government regulation in order to restrict these freedoms, there wouldn't be a need for the gpl.

And you're the kind of guy who thinks "absolutely free... but you can't sell it without enabling everyone to steal it" isn't a fallacy.

Disgusting.

Wow, you're dumb.

Take away the government power to regulate, and it cannot perform its custodial duties anymore, fucktard. Corporations occupy the vacuum created and voilà, you have what you just described once again.

It's happened over and over in our history, you idiotic neoliberals always make the same mistake and always blame the end result on the opposition. Take our current situation for example: washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/11/30/im-a-depression-historian-the-gop-tax-bill-is-straight-out-of-1929/

The problem here is and always has been lack of separation between corporation and state.

He warned us.

>get completely blown out of the goddamn absolute fucking water
>change subject
Sad!

The fact that trump won shows the majority of americans can't comprehend politics.

>doesn't know what a contradiction in terms is
>calls me brainlet

You can't steal GPL software, you're expected to follow the license and release the source public if any modifications are made and keep the license. You don't just say that you'll keep your end of the bargain and then later say you don't feel like following it today and maybe you'll do it tomorrow.

>copyrighting/trademarking
this is the fuel of capitalism

GNU is pro anarchist aka anti-authority

because "Property is theft" and we should "give backs the mean of productions to the workers"

anarchy.no/proudhon.html

>GNU lawer

You've posted entirely non arguments up till now. Every single anti GPL link you've posted so far got caught trying to break the rules.

>Sad!
Oh dear, you not only have no arguments, but you're retarded as well.

GPL sucks cause there is AGPL

If anyone's a commie it's Bill Gate$.

>People can't steal your software if you already make it available for free
How the fuck do you build an industry on that ? The whole world will have your source code in three days and everyone will be able to compile it at home.

There doesn't need to be a state, businesses can only do wrong in secret, once people learn of bad practices from a business, they don't buy from them anymore, and they go under. Businesses won't take over in a society without regulation, they lack the power to do anything that goes against the people because it loses profit to go against the people.

Nice fanfic, nigger. I don't see the point in it though, anyone can read the thread.

You are absolutely incorrect, copyrighting is a government regulation, and anti-capitalist.

Enjoy your AIDS eurotrash.

Redhat makes a living off GPL and the government makes extensive use of GPL

Covering your ears and pretending your arguments don't hold weight won't change facts

Yeah, that's why no one buys from amazon anymore...

>once people learn of bad practices from a business, they don't buy from them anymore, and they go under

Yeah, nestle, apple and coca-cola sure are bankrupt right now.

Brief retrospective of events:
>you claimed there were no strings attached to the GPL
>I've proven you wrong
>you got mad and started throwing a tantrum
>we laughed at you
>you got madder and started desperately damage controlling by calling us names, changing subject, committing texas sharpshooter, no true scotsman and special pleading fallacies, etc.
>we are all still laughing
Life is great!

>Okay I'll use this license and agree to follow it
>Damn, I don't like parts of this license I agreed to follow
>I know, I'll try to violate them
>Fuck those GPL commies for catching me playing dirty.
I too hate the law, damn anti-fraud laws restrict my freedoms

They aren't because government helped them recover. They suddenly had to comply with regulation, and people saw that they had to comply with regulation, and they were saved. In a society without regulation, and true capitalism, they wouldn't be around anymore. Just remember, if the government gets involved at all, it's not capitalism anymore. There has to be a complete separation of state and economics in order for capitalism to happen.

You realize you just contradicted yourself, right?

With that post you admitted there are strings to "follow" in the license. Yet earlier you claimed there were no strings attached.

The government didn't make people buy their products. They did that all on their own.

There is no clause in GPL saying you cannot sell it, yes, there are no strings attached to it. That's like complaining sex is legal, but the fact you cannot rape anyone means the law is a contradiction.

>weebs and commies actually believe this

Nobody was forced to buy anything, they do that on their own. If there are health problems caused by a product, then people should just keep that in mind while purchasing, the government getting involved disrupts the natural process in which people decide for themselves whether or not to buy things, and instead think things are better because the government told them it was.

>bootlickers actually believe this:

>and instead think things are better because the government told them it was.
How is that worse than billion dollar ad campaign telling them what's better?

But user commies ARE bootlickers.

It's up to you to buy into bullshit ads instead of actually doing your own research about a product before you use it.

What did amazon do wrong?

>Redhat makes a living off GPL
They sell support to companies. That's a niche. Do you think people who use Windows at home would pay each month for support ?
>the government makes extensive use of GPL
>the government
>>build an industry
>>>the government

>class cucked bitch doesn't think he is a bootlicker

>no strings attached
>b... but you can't sell it without giving the source thus enabling everyone to distribute and compile it themselves
>no strings attached

Sorry faggot, under my license your 'business' is going to have to play nice, you got that bitch?

It's completely possible to make profit off GPL you baka

How many products, you bought on your last trip to the grocery store, did you research thoroughly?

How did you even find independent trustworthy research that had no government funding whatsoever?

Capitalism means that you are your own person, and don't have to do anything, there is no force, and everybody tries to make a living. Communism is nobody making a living, and licking the boots of the government.

Treat their employees like shit.
Huge tax dodgers.

>and don't have to do anything,
Except you're gonna starve to death if you don't sign up for life in a huge megacorp.

you're licking the boota of your employer right now, corporate cuck
also
>posting a retarded nigger
go back to Sup Forums

>capitalism is all these things we had before capitalism and capitalism destroyed
filmsforaction.org/news/recovered-economic-history-everyone-but-an-idiot-knows-that-the-lower-classes-must-be-kept-poor-or-they-will-never-be-industrious/

Government funded research is all trash. University and corporate funded research are the only forms of researches that get useful data.
Excuse them for not wanting their assets stolen by the government to save little nigglets in africa and help suck jew cock in the middle-east

>meanwhile capitalism has killed more
Working together is the most efficient and humane system.

>University
Even "private" universities receive public funding.

>this level of damage control
>he's this mad
Why are class cucks always so damn soyed up? You know you're allowed to think for yourself

Which is why tuition is so high. That and the fact that the government will subsidies loans which drives the price up drastically because if they get the money regardless of how high the cost is, why not make it as expensive as the government will pay?

lol not even mad, just drunk as shit.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Communism, is in fact, Revolutionary Marxism, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, the path to Communism. Communism is not a government system unto itself, but rather the economic model of a free society made useful by the proletariat, intellectuals and shared ownership of the means of production comprising a global community of workers as defined by the Communist Manifesto.
Many governments run a modified version of the Communist model every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Marxism which is widely used today is often called “Communism”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the revolutionary road, developed by Soviet Intellectuals. There really is Communism, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the bureaucracy they use.
Communism is the goal: the economy of a system that allocates resources to the citizens that you represent. The economic goal is an essential part of a free society, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete collectivization of resources. Communism is normally used in combination with the Marxist revolutionary strategy: the whole system is basically Marxism with Communism added, or Marxism/Communism. All the so-called “Communist” countries are really variations of Marxism/Communism.

It's not government that has too much power. It's corporations. You admitted so yourself. Removing all regulations isn't gonna solve it, we need to regulate them further and stop all lobbying. Small businesses, family businesses, worker cooperatives, mutual companies and credit unions need to be exempt from regulations because those are great for the economy. Big corps and banks need to be put on a tight leash.

You're moving the goal post.

Licenses are kikery. MIT or nothing. You don't want people using your code? Then don't give them your fucking code. Private repos are a thing.

ISC is superior

Reminder that GPL is cuckery.

With GPL: American business can't use your code, but Chinese businesses can.

With BSD: American businesses can use your code.

Choose wisely so that the eternal gook can not screw your wife, user!

>With GPL: American business can't use your code
Except Silicon Valley, since GPL doesn't apply to web shit.

>banks on a tight leash
OY GEVALT SHUT IT DOWN

Affero shill pls leave. Nobody pays attention to you.

The funding given to the university by the government is useless and only serves to drive tuition up and fuck everyone over. The private funding of individuals to the university is the only source of funds that truly benefit the people.

lobbying can only occur when the government has the power to hand out special favors to individuals in business.

Communism is death by firing squad for not being a commie. Communism is no power to any people and absolute power to the government. Communism is a lack of any sort of wealth and a complete inability to allocate resourced unless government is in absolute control.

>The funding given to the university by the government is useless and only serves to drive tuition up and fuck everyone over.
Not the universities that do important research about the health risks of certain products.

You magically think china won't magically use your code because magically it's under BSD?

>cry about companies stealing my code
>But I like when Facebook does it! Affero sux!

universities would do these things on their own regardless of funding being received by the government or not. As they are learning institutions that only serve to educate people and to study aspects of our world.

With much less resources.
You argued that yourself.

Holy shit, AIDS is preventable now? Why would you bitch about something like that?