Web developer, first year

>web developer, first year
>recruiter contacts me with job
>only have 10 months' experience, throw out what I assume is crazy pay (3x current salary)
>"that's well within their salary range when would you like to set up a phone interview?"
>wtf

If I ditch my first job at 10 months am I an asshole? This new job pays 100K, in the Midwest, doing the exact same ecommerce bullshit I do now.

You didn't get an offer... Interview and see if you get an offer at the desired salary

First off But if you get an offer of course you should take it if it's 3x your current salary.

Given, but I'm just wondering if it's even worth pursuing with so little experience. I know the system they use, and it's relatively niche (even though it's the biggest ecommerce platform in the world). I don't know, I'm going to talk with them Monday

Maybe you just got extremely lucky OP. Maybe not. Either way, good luck in your interview. Let your resume speak for itself and just be as friendly and pleasant as possible. Bonus points if you can find something in common with your interviewer. It's the best shoe in possible.

You're in the tech industry. I've seen people work for a single day at a company before leaving to go work at another one for a raise.

You have the opportunity to make 3x what you're making now. Why the fuck wouldn't you pursue it? Stop being a soyboy.

>If I ditch my first job at 10 months am I an asshole?
Fuck no. Do it.

How can it be niche if its the biggest ecommerce platform in the world?

What do you guys think of "job hoppers"? Let's assume there's always a major raise and possibly also a promotion.

I think companies have no loyalty to their employees (I.E. shitcanning people with 29 years). Yet they still demand loyalty from you.

Good goy.

Is that the new clan Brown Cobra mech?So basically: why be loyal to them when they aren't loyal to you? A bit mercenary sure, but you always have to be loyal to yourself. Look out for #1, aka (you).

There is nothing wrong with switching jobs if you get something major out of it, However if the new job just offers like a few hundred dollars more the hassle of switching to a new place isnt worth it.

Definitely not worth the hassle for a few hundred dollars more, I agree. We're talking major differences in compensation relative to what you were previously making. There's also other factors like benefits, PTO, commute, culture, etc.

Companies don't give a shit about you, they don't reward loyalty, you don't get anything from staying at one place too long except have the 'fun' of your company either going bankrupt, getting swallowed up by another company or getting your job outsourced.

Damn, I can get 100k in Midwest doing that? Where do I start op

Just jump when you have better offers then, seems good.

"user, why did you leave your current position?"
Like they don't know you're doing it for growth.

Frittata...

In an age of outsourcing and frequent office moves it's just not feasible for people to stay loyal to companies. I would've liked to have stayed at my previous place, but they decided expanding in India and downsizing state-side would be more profitable. And before that that decided moving one of their major office 2 hours away to a different state to consolidate staff in one building was more important than keeping developers who had been with the company for literally two decades, because who gives a shit about employees and their families and the fact they have to either drive 4 hours a day and pay like 150 bucks a week in tolls, or move with a pennies worth of aid from the company.

Companies aren't your friends, especially in this day and age. Get yours and fuck anyone who isn't kin

So you are only making 30k now?

hi, leddit

You not only did you take a job for 33k but you're considering sticking with it when you could make 100k? Are you braindead?

Fucking kin would be incest!

One time I interviewed for a NOC "engineer" position at a smaller company. One of the more senior guys was just complaining about how they canned people and tried outsourcing to India only for that to fail. They hired everyone back. He sounded so jaded yet there was a little smug.