Wireless charging

>Takes twice as long to charge
>Can't move phone while charging
>Phone gets super hot

Why the fuck would anyone use this, let alone make phones into fragile glass sandwiches to put this useless "feature" into

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gKBqhsXZ8QE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they should just call it SEMI TETHERED charging.

But no, fucking normies

Why wouldn't you want it?

>Charging port is fucked
Charge wirelessly

>Come home drunk and can't fit the charger into the phone
Drop it on a wireless charger

>Just lazy with charging when you go to bed
Drop it on the wireless charger

Most people charge their phones overnight every night, why do you care if they can pick it up while it's charging or not?

>Takes twice as long to charge
Doesn't make a difference to most people when their charging overnight.

They're*
Bloody swipe.

I have a Nexus 5. I use the wireless charging pad overnight. It's slow but why would I care about that while I'm asleep? And the phone doesn't get hot at all. I can just grab it and go in the morning.

I just fell for the wireless charging meme myself only 2 days ago.

>>Takes twice as long to charge

It does take kinda long, I agree.
If I go away I would definitely plug it in.

>>Can't move phone while charging

The whole point, for me at least, is to be able to pick up the phone and use it whenever I like without an annoying charging cable attached.

Once I'm done with the call/message/whatever I put it back on the charger.

I think the key thing here is I'm not a phone addict: I only use my phone very occasionally when I'm at the office.

>>Phone gets super hot

My Note 8 doesn't seem to have this problem.
Although maybe the Ultradock I plugged the charger in doesn't supply the optimal amount of power? - I will try a dedicated USB power brick.

forgetting
>sucks power harder than your mom sucking dicks at las vegas

This, it's amazingly comfy

It's comfy, sit at your pc and just put the phone down on the chargin stand.

You could also just not be a degenerate who has issues with basic tasks like plugging a cord into a phone

Chances are of you're too drunk to do this you won't even hot the wireless charger accurately enough to activate it

10W for a "powerful" wireless charger.

So....missionary or doggy style?

Debate.

Yeah cause it's so difficult to drop a smartphone on a pad...

I can't wait for the day when restaurants have wireless charging built into some/all tables.

Broken microUSB ports were common as fuck with samsung, maybe things are better with USB-C

user...
youtu.be/gKBqhsXZ8QE

>come home drunk
Kys degenerate faggot

>come home drunk
>just lazy
K Y S

Useless fucking gimmick, just like most "innovations" phone makers come up with every year.

They need new features to claim the newer phone is much better than the previous one, more (((advanced))) and you need to pawn a kidney to afford the new model.

Every fucking year. This year it's the FaceID meme and animatable emojis.

Wireless charging has been around for almost 10 years already, iSlow.

Which benchmark app has a loop feature?
I need to run down my phone battery quick, because...reasons....

fuck off, underage iToddler, stop trying to kill your phone to convince daddy to buy you a soyPhone X

I'm testing charge times, retard

Because I'm hoping the future looks like pic related literally everywhere someday. They have it in the Starbucks by me, so kinda hopeful.

How often does a junkie run past and grabs all the phones?

I'm not entirely sure who this is in this pic? Backstory? Sauce?

You're supposed to be sitting there eating/drinking. Why would you leave your phone?

I used it when I accidentally plugged the charging port of my phone with hot tar. It was molded to the shape of it and pretty much impossible to remove. I haven't even taken it out of my carry-on bag since I got a new phone

This is actually kind of cool. Does wireless charging work through a pane of glass? Mounting one in a desk and covering it with a glass plate might work

Alexa Bliss, WWE wrestler
Except she's tiny (billed at 5', probably less)
Started out all cute and sparkly
Then turned 'heel' (bad guy) and went all gothy/bitch sexy
Then amid the Suicide Squad hype last year, she temporarily started dressing as Harley Quinn
That made popularity skyrocket, Vince McMahon put the strap (fake title) on her, and she's dominated the division ever since (scripted to hog the fake title)
She's shit in the ring but one of the better talkers in the company, and is huge magnet for waifufags. Basically jailbait without being underage. Draws dimes (in rasslin parlance, means brings money to the company through ticket sales and merch sales. WWE is shit these days, attendance is appalling so no one really draw attendance dimes. But she draws lots of merch dimes, hence Vince 'pushing' (promoting) her).

As for the actual pic, she's such an attraction for waifufags/pedos that some guy is actually building a full on 3D model Japanese-style rape video game based around her. Will probably never get finished though desu.

You think people can't steal your shit if the theft is being noticed?

Who's going to stop him at the door?
A soy boy?
Who's going to run after him?
An American of average bmi?

I think it works though pretty much anything except metal.

Hasn't left his mom's house in 3 years the post.

>junkies are superhuman phantom thieves

idk, there's gotta be a limit to how much glass it can work through.

IKEA sells a bunch of side tables and lamps with built-in Qi charging. They also sell kits to mount Qi surfaces to existing furniture, but completely omit any mention of glass-tops unfortunately.

I guess it doesn't need to be structural or insulating in any way, so it could be an extremely thin pane of glass. You could even put a piece of window tint on it to mask the charger and make it a little more aesthetic

Again.
I'm not implying they will do it in secret.
They can grab the phone with everybody watching and run for it.

Funny.

I live in Amsterdam and I see naive American tourists get robbed all the time.
Police even put up signs like these to warn retards like you, but Americans are just too stupid.

Figured it out. The Qi standard requires it to work at 1.6 inches of separation, which is wayyy more than I thought it would be. Glass top confirmed. But the kit IKEA sells sticks up a little bit from the desk. Might need some tricky modification.

I wonder how it effects charge times.

If you want a glass topped desk as opposed to wood it would be extremely easy to do. Just cut a hole the size of the charger over one of the drawers or something, fasten a tinted glass pane the size of the desk overtop and mount the charger to the underside of it in the hole. If its a dark enough tint you wouldn't even need to cut it that perfectly. It lacks an real finesse or delicacy, and would definitely tarnish the allure of having a wood desk, but it would work

But have you considered that glass table tops are shit?
Or did you overlook that design flaw?

>Charging port is fucked

I used to think this was impossible, then I looked at my parent's phones.

I've always wondered this myself, seems like a stupid gimmick

What difference does it make?

>>Charging port is fucked
>Charge wirelessly
Fucking this. Main reason I was able to keep my Nexus 5 for so long

>literal sour grapes

Doggy style blocks ports unless you put the phone upside down or sideways (if it works sideways, probably doesn't align with the coil properly) so you can't use headphones. Not a big issue but if you are listening to something when you sit down and want to drop your phone on the charger it could be a little annoying.

doggy ofc. can't really use the phone when it's in missionairy

>I live in Amsterdam and I see naive American tourists get robbed all the time.
Europe is fucking terrible when it comes to stealing from tourists.

An absolute shithole. You're targeted because you're a tourist, if you were a native you'd be fine.

wait for it to actually drain and take note of how long it takes you fucking turd muncher.
the polling mechanism can and will skew results.

Where the fuck is your port? On the bottom??

headphone port*

Aren't they on most phones?

I know some don't have them on the bottom but that's becoming more and more unusual, and not just because phones are removing them altogether.

this.
I love being able to come home, toss my phone on the charger instead of having to pick it up and fumble trying to plug it in.

Honestly I got my wireless charger for free and when I'm taking a shower or listening to podcasts I just slap it on there so I can just pick up and go whenever

Wireless charging was great on my hp touchpad, especially after the shitty micro usb port broke lol.

The key is to put the charging pad in a place where you normally put down your phone anyways.

>come home
>put phone on pad
>use it when you need it
>charge it up when you don't

>retards like you
>sign is in Dutch
Uh huh

This guy gets it.

It's just better to have the option of plunking the phone down on it than fiddling around with a cable.

Your still have the choice to use a cable if you really want to kill your battery with fast charging.

>Americans complaining about European crime rates
Go back to your criminal shithole

It's the difference between general crime and tourist targeted crime that's the issue.

In America you're not likely to be targeted just because you are a tourist. You're about as likely to be involved in a crime either way.

Go to the Eiffel Tower or Paris Disneyland and you're lucky if you have any possessions left on you by lunch time.

use 2.1 amp power source you dumbass

>Charging port is fucked
Take care of your shit. Don't treat them like disposable cutlery, treat them with a modicum of respect.

On a related note, I don't get how people are so clumsy with their phones. Sure, if you're in high school and therefore haven't fully developed your fine motor skills, but adults have no damn excuse.

I broke my Creative Zen by accidentally dropping it onto concrete, was running late for the bus, tried to slip it into my jacket pocket, didn't quite make it. They used tiny HDDs back then, which were pretty fragile.

I also broke the chip in my at-the-time new passport, when the chips were just becoming common, from a Easter long weekend abroad, getting drenched in beer, rainwater, and probably sweat too.

So, a few times I get, but some people seem to manage to smash their phone screens damn near every fortnight, and in the same way each time. Mistakes are meant to be learnt from.

>Come home drunk and can't fit the charger into the phone
>Just lazy with charging when you go to bed

Non-issue with rapid charging.

My cat sometimes pulls the cord out of the adaptor while I'm sleeping, because "ooh, dangly thing!" But I can charge my phone from dead to >70% while I'm getting ready in the morning (maybe 20-25 minutes).

Have been to the Eiffel Tower a few times, never had anything stolen.

Those thieves are pretty obvious, and they go after the easiest targets, so all you need is a non-zero amount of situational awareness.

If you can afford a thousand dollar phone you can afford $100 pairs of wireless headphones

You sound like the kinda guy that has to flip the USB cable around 5 times until he finally figures out which way it goes.

At least all the extra radiation you're exposing yourself to will give people like you brain tumors and kill you in 5 years tops.

>QI charging
>All the extra radiation

for me it was just my charging port kept getting looser over time so that it just became easier and more logical to use a qi charger until I needed to plug my phone into my pc.

It's a feature that just because it's not useful now doesn't mean it'll never be useful. the new ones can fast charge at 9v too iirc.

Eh, USB C fixed a lot of that. The cable is designed to wear out more than the port, and even then the port has a lifetime of tens of thousands of *insertions*.

Even if you're lazy, it's still easy because you don't need to worry about correct orientation.

Plus, it's heaps faster so you don't even need to leave it plugged in for long anymore

>the port has a lifetime of tens of thousands of *insertions*
I didn't know they designed USB C after your mom

What if I want the best sound quality though?

>the best
Are you sure you want to go there?

Okay, the best of what the phone can output without adding external amplification.

Only time I could see this being useful is in a car phone holder. Or wirelessly charging mouse pads. That's about it.

i think i'd use it if i'd have one. i don't care whether my charger eats up 2A or 5A, power draw is insignificant anyway. I think i could be a bit scared of heat if it's as bad as you say, but i haven't heard this kind of opinions yet. my friend had Pre with this touchstone charger and it was working well for him.

>the best of what the phone can output without adding external amplification.
Perfect, $100 bluetooths can handle that. Unless you have one of those built-in quad-DACs or something.

This is kinda weird but I just thought of something, wireless charging could probably end up being the bandaid solution normies and companies come up with for the whole removing headphone jack situation. Usb c adapter/phones plugged in while you have your phone on t he wireless charger. Oh no

>if you really want to kill your battery with fast charging.

If you don't exclusively listen to music using at least a $2k 2.1 set up then you shouldn't claim to care about audio quality.
Fuck off non-audiophile fag

obviously bait but I don't even care

>charging your phone all night
you're literally destroying your battery. you'll be lucky if it retains 70% capacity after 6 months

>come home too drunk to plug in a fucking reversible USB-C cable
get some help and think about AA.

>charging port is fucked
stop binge drinking and fuckng up your charging port you fucking bum

>Why the fuck would anyone use this
I would if I didn't have to think about it. What I've seen so far is some pads that needs you to place a phone on it in a rather special or specific way in order to make it charge. Plugging in a damn cable's faster than struggling with that.

Give me something like a computer monitor with wireless charging built in and a range on it that means I could place a phone anywhere on the desk and it would charge.. and you've got me. Wouldn't have to be that fast charging, if there's more battery left on the phone when I get up than it was when I sat down then that'd be better than today's situation, right?

I have a big battery so I don't really have those problems everyone I know with an iPhone has but I still think it would be a good thing if it magically charged during normal every-day usage.

>charge their phones overnight every night
It must be sad to have a tiny battery. Seriously, my BV6000 needs to charge perhaps two times per week and that's about it.

>You're supposed to be sitting there
If a gang of 20 immigrants run into the store and grab everything of value that's immediately visible then you're shit out of luck even if you're sitting there watching your phone.

I realize there's countries that don't have the same problems we have in Sweden right now so this may not apply to you - but you don't want to put no valuable phone on a table in this country. Keep in mind that this is new; it wasn't like this 3 years ago. It could quickly change in your area.

I had that sort of problem on my first smartphone, but I solved it with a rubber band tied around the head of the cable; plug it in, then wrap the rubber band around the length of the phone holding it in place.

Can't remember ever having the problem with the old Nokia chargers though.

>you to place a phone on it in a rather special or specific way in order to make it charge

This is what pisses me off the most it takes longer to find the exact right place to put it that I might as well plug in the cable

Having it as a backup way of charging if your port breaks is one of the few ways I see it being usefull

>UGH I just HATE having to hold a wire at the same time as I hold my phone then align the two together so the connector goes into the phone's port, such a hassle!

Neck yourself. What the fuck have people been reduced to when they can't plug a charger into a fucking smartphone? Jesus Christ. I bet you're American. You are so lazy, beyond fucking belief its not even funny. You cannot even be bothered to plug in a cable to charge.

*Cough* *cough*
Technology exists...

>old man yells at cloud

Just because something is shit now doesn't mean it isn't a good idea and won't get better. I get you love having the feel of cords in your hand because it reminds you of your penis but we don't all feel as you do.

Awww sounds like Mr Gwumpy needs a drinky :3

>Can't move phone while charging

Just get a charging station with a longer cable, it's not that hard.

>STOP DOING SOMETHING IN A EASIER OR MORE EFFICIENT WAY WAHH WAHH MUH LAZY MILLENNIALS

Aww I miss my Nexus 5 now.

Did it actually have built in wireless charging?

>why do people need cars? are they so lazy and poor that they can't house a feed and clean the shit up after it? so lazy!

You're a faggot and your shit is retarded you luddite.

ebbin prankd xD

I don't dislike wireless charging, because it's a good feature. What I dislike is the fact that the phone has to have glass back which is a major downside.
Also, manufacturers like Apple might remove the charging port completely because of this feature to reduce the amount of hacking, not that I care about what Apple does but it won't be too nice if Android copies them.

>tfw capitalism killed tesla before he could develop long range wireless power transmission

>MORE EFFICIENT WAY
>i have no idea how magnetic charging works
POWER
LOSS

>>Can't use phone while charging
Fixed.

>>>Can't use phone while charging
Why not?

Not this user, I used to own one and it fucking triggered my OCD daily. It gets dirty as shit, it's cold to the touch, it scratches, and slipery. Why people get glasstops is beyond me, besides making a first mistake.

I am "this user" but basically that.