/pcbg/

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231977
amazon.com/dp/B0123ZAQJE/
amazon.com/dp/B01N7RQLVZ/
ark.intel.com/products/126687/Intel-Core-i5-8400-Processor-9M-Cache-up-to-4_00-GHz
pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#sort=-speed&E=0&t=14
pcpartpicker.com/list/YKHH6X
pcpartpicker.com/product/6ZcMnQ/corsair-vengeance-led-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-cmu16gx4m2c3200c16b
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/sys/d/gaming-pc-custom-built/6403670184.html
microcenter.com/product/482730/G222_Desktop_Computer
reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/7gw4si/is_7700k_still_good_for_gaming/
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/sys/d/prebuilt-pc-for-sale-no-gpu/6380999425.html
pcpartpicker.com/product/xjM323/silverstone-primera-rgb-matte-black-atx-mid-tower-case-sst-pm01c-rgb
pcpartpicker.com/list/VkVMvV
amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6S1B3Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/Wd3ywV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone know where I can buy digital code for windows 10 for cheap?

I'm building a machine for HTC Vive.
Any recommendations, or thoughts on what I should include?

What's the differences in choosing 1x16GB stick vs 2x8GB sticks? Simply more can be accessed at once due to 2 sticks? so considering you don't hardly ever use more than 16GB/likely won't for some time, wouldn't the real better way to do it be to run 4x4GB sticks, which results in the same 16GB but double the speed ability due to 4 sticks to run from?

kinguin, make sure you buy the protection

You can get Windows 7 for free and also avoid the botnet. This support ticket is now closed.

Repostan

I made a boo boo, I bought this pack of ram for a b350 + 1600, will it still work?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231977

Is 65c good for gaming on a i5 6600k OC’[email protected], im using a crihorig h7

post your mobo

You could also download win8, add a few lines of code to the install CD and make it a trial version.
You'll get reminders to upgrade but you can decline indefinitely.

first, you overpaid by a ton
second, update bios and it'll work fine if you have any good mobo

I thought windows 7 support is broken on modern CPUs?

see OP for ryzen, intel 8400/8600k etc are also possible with workarounds

>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>Not buying a 7700k for under $275 on Black Friday
>Overpaying for the "newest" mobos

Oh look, it's retarded.

Is it even worth the hassle?
What advantage does Windows 7 have over 10?

Why does OP recommend R7 but not the R5 1600X?

Consumer platforms have only 2 memory channels so getting more than 2 sticks does not increase throughput. 16Gb sticks are currently only dual rank which means that they don't clock as high. Only reason to get 16Gb sticks are when you have an itx mobo with only 2 slots or you need all the ram capacity you can get.

I paid 170 during black friday
I have the asus rog strix f

>got every part in my build during BF/CM
>except the GPU
>pay out the ass for a GPU now and hopefully get my build under way asap
>wait a month and hope GPU goes on sale for some holiday shit, delaying my RMA timings for any parts that happen to be DOA that I can't test yet
help

Less spying, no advertising bullshit on your desktop. All major software still works on Win7.

Since I plan on on gaming/streaming and broswing web/watching streams. Obviously will upgrade monitors to 1440p/144hz would this be ideal?

1700x
1070ti
16gb of CL14 gskill
Asrock taichi
Inside a rosewill cullinan case

Ive never OC'd beyond mobo boost features in bios and I have a evo 212 and plan on a evo 500gb SSD am I pretty set for what I want once OS is installed? I also dont really play new titles just last gen and prior, like BF4 even tho I have BF1. Would I run into any issues from heat or anything?

Toast from old thread

Coffee Lake is already done.

The 9th gen 8-core Intel chips will be out next year after Zen 2 shows up.

The rumors from months ago are pretty much confirmed that they will need a new Z390 motherboard.

Planning to upgrade my memory but I really can't find fast enough memories to change to.

Recs?

>motherboard was refusing to post at anything higher than DDR 2800, read I'm supposed to put the sticks in A2 B2 not A1 B1. I can now instantly post at 3200 just off of the XMP profile.

Damn I'm a retard, but it feels great to finally get it working.

So I tried to RMA my board with a broken pin and they refused. They offered to repair it for 60$. Is it worth it to try to fix it myself and buy a new one for 80-100$ if I fuck up or should I let them do it and be done with it?

What company and who and when did you buy it?

It's a reseller in Norway. Bought it last month and I knew I was the one who bent it.

what pin is it?

What's the difference between RAM brands?

amazon.com/dp/B0123ZAQJE/
amazon.com/dp/B01N7RQLVZ/

This RAM seems identical except one is Corsair and the other is Ballistix. The Ballistix is 13 dollars cheaper though.

Also should I go with the 2666 over the 2400 since the intel site says the i5 8400supports that? Will it support others?

ark.intel.com/products/126687/Intel-Core-i5-8400-Processor-9M-Cache-up-to-4_00-GHz

CPU-socket. Memory controller. Computer works fine but I cant use the second RAM channel.

I want to run VR smoothly.
Would a Ryzen 5 1600, a 1080, and 16GB DDR4 be enough?

It would probably be possible to fix it yourself with enough youtube tutorials but I it'll be huge pain and you might just break it more. I would probably just buy a new board. Shipping it to the manufacturer for repair and then waiting a week+ for them to finish and return it doesn't sound worth saving 20 bucks.

Also, is there an AMD equivalent of the 1080 that's cheaper?

If you're in the US, this should help. Not sure how much RAM you want, so I didn't select for it.
pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#sort=-speed&E=0&t=14
Otherwise, change the country (top right). If your country isn't supported, I'm afraid you'll need to try something else.

>tfw can't get io aligned

>it's that time of year when everything is over-priced and stocks are near zero
>nothing on sale during the black friday/cyber monday was worth buying
>another winter with my 11 year old desktop
>building something better would be a giant waste of money due to current pricing
>Q1 2018 will be more of the same
I'm this close to buying an iPad. All I want is a nice power-efficient browser machine that can play really light games.

How hard of a rule is it to stick to RAM that is on your mobo's QVL? I'm considering purchasing the GA-AB350-GAMING 3 but I can't find any 3200/3000 mhz RAM that are on its QVL.

I'd personally prefer 2666 that was on QVL than 3000/3200 that wasn't desu. 2666 is the best value for most builds here (580/1060 or lower), and the difference between that and 3000 is marginal at best.

pcpartpicker.com/list/YKHH6X

Any issues before I pull the trigger? I already have the other parts (nVidia, SSD, etc)

Refurb SFF.

High speed ram is a meme. Just get whatever the best bang for the buck is. Hardware Unboxed did a nice video where Steve determined 2400-2666 is the sweet spot, especially if you take into account overclocking

Doesn't the LPX corsair series go up to 3200? Ive had good luck with those sticks in the past and I'd be willing to gamble that those hit the speers you want

I plan on making a build for ZBrush and Blender.
What parts would you recommend?

It's just frustrating because even 2666 RAM (that is on my QVL) is nearly $200 anyway.

>Doesn't the LPX corsair series go up to 3200
Yes, and I actually found a set for $190
pcpartpicker.com/product/6ZcMnQ/corsair-vengeance-led-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-cmu16gx4m2c3200c16b
but I can't find the exact part numbers that are on my QVL. I'm asking if that means it's not worth going for.

Depends on your budget.
Blender has multicore optimisation, so you may want a chip with many cores and threads. Sane with ZBrush, which I believe benifits from lots of RAM (32 GB would be ideal).

>get emails from local tech retailers
>all "gift ideas"
>no sales

my onboard audio is fucking up (audio crackling and going out of sync with video), is there any way i can fix this without getting a soundcard or using the audio out of my gpu?

Can you RMA?

compatabality is amazing on 7. if you plan on playing any games older then like 2011 i'd go 7.

>power on
>pc turns on, mobo gpu ledis on (meaning no gpu detected) and monitor shows no video
>ctrl alt delt
>pc boots up, gpu detected and video shows, enter bios
>click update bios
>"would you like to reboot now into flash mode?'
>select yes
>pc reboots, doesnt detect video and gpu led comes on
>ctrl alt delet
>"exiting flash mode" shows on screen
>enter the bios

i have msi x370 gaming pro carbon, vega 56, and amd 1700x, no other gpu to use since this is my first build. no operating system installed yet

Why is my cpu sometimes going up to 45 when loading a YouTube video or just surfing the web

blame javascript

if you mean return it, no.

i bought a prebuilt pc and switched out and sold the gpu, and psu it came with,

Is the Razer Blade Pro 4K bazinga?

Lmfao you think a 7700k is even worth $275?
You can get the i3-8350k for $190 and 8400 for $200.
Retard.

Yeah. That use case is no longer a desktop thing. Just get a cheapo laptop, OEM mini, or a tablet. Just don't fall for the refurbished meme unless you like to tinker. They'll nickel and dime you to death on repairs.

Wouldn't 2 sticks always be better than using a single channel?

What the hell are you asking
More sticks usually only means more upgradability. Ideally you would fill them up, but there are limitations to bandwidth that makes having two sticks the maximum and further additions don't increase performance.

chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/sys/d/gaming-pc-custom-built/6403670184.html

Yes or no? Brought him down to $700

I can make a VR build with less ram and no optical drive for the same price as this prebuilt (also having to put it together myself). So what exactly is wrong with these other than no-name psu and ssd?
microcenter.com/product/482730/G222_Desktop_Computer

Not him but aren’t they all out fo stock ?

With DDR4, does the jump from 2400MHz to 2666MHz make a big difference?

>shopping for PC parts the week after blackfriday/cyber monday

why did I wait till now to do it?

I wouldn’t. Should’ve went to Walmart during Black Friday and bought a similar Pc for $500

Does anyone have a 2000$ [spoiler]CAD[/spoiler] build I can use? I don't know where to fucking start. All I want is play vidya, edit videos, and programming/art programs

>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
>Win7 on Ryzen

Not knowing the importance of a scheduler
Not knowing the importance of instruction optimizations

Kill yourself nigger

Thoughts?

reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/7gw4si/is_7700k_still_good_for_gaming/

getting a rx 580 and ryzen 1600

should i get a 60-75hz freesync or 144hz freesync?

Not really. But the price difference is so close you might as well get 2666 unless you are really hurting for every dollar

Works fine for me. R5 1600 + Rx480.

Do you guys tend to build whole new PCs from scratch when you're ready to upgrade? Or do you keep upgrading the one you already have?

I've been upgrading by PC I assembled in 2012 this whole time, and still using half the parts. Is there a point where I should just start anew?

>Or do you keep upgrading the one you already have?
Isn't that the point? If everything keeps working, just add up on that.

As long as it's reasonably modern CPU with rx480 or gtx970 you're golden. I use a 3570k/gtx970 for my oculus and shit is cash

Is correct?

One of my retailers is selling two 3000MHz models for less than the cheapest 2666MHz model and I'm not sure why.

run mint and emulate windows 7 for gaymes

As long as you like your case and PSU why would you change them?

What does Sup Forums think of seagate hdd? Im thinking of buying one for OS purposes.

has Sup Forums ever used an swappable HDD rack?
Thinking of using this to swap drives for easy multi-boot.

Also, how would you go about setting up multi-boot if you have an additional SSD?

2666 is the best value but you cant go wrong with 2400 or 3000 either. I see little to no value in getting 3200 unless you are very high end and you might as well

I would go with the 3000mhz model if its cheaper and from a reputable brand, especially if neither are on the QVL

I used to do that but you're just spending more money that's just as easy with either BIOS or a decent bootloader like grub.

I'm using the same parts and going for 144hz. At 1080p it should work fine, but I haven't actually gotten my parts yet so I can't confirm.

I've been told toshiba is more reliable, and I've used one for six years without issue. Price difference between toshiba and seagate is negligible anyway.

Which 120mm fans for meshify c?

should I plug in this RJ23 thing or do I leave it hanging? It's for the ATX power supplu

tfw pussied out and got the gtx 1060

Is that a bad thing?

Why wouldn't you plug it in?

was going for the gtx 1070

The only good thing is the 1060; everything else is mediocre.
8GB of RAM is fine for the price range, but that's a small SSD, and the 7500 is basically an 8100 or an overclocked 1200.
Like I said, the only good thing is the video card, so if you buy it keep that in mind.

Whats a good airflow case if you plan on going ATX and a 212 evo on top a ryzen 1700x?

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/sys/d/prebuilt-pc-for-sale-no-gpu/6380999425.html

How about ^ that and I add my own 1060 6B? Thinking about jewing him down to $600

That's certainly a much more solid platform.
If you can get him down to $600, go for it, and buy a 1060 and a 2TB HDD if you need one.
Even if you can get him down to $625 it's still good.

pcpartpicker.com/product/xjM323/silverstone-primera-rgb-matte-black-atx-mid-tower-case-sst-pm01c-rgb

If you're getting a 1700x, I'd suggest a more powerful cooler. Not that the 212 Evo can't support it, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

What about an 8600k? 8700k?

Those chips get really hot, especially because of Intel's thermal compound.
The 212 Evo is a budget cooler, and doesn't perform optimally on chips with high clocks or many cores. It would run some high temps, and also be loud.

Ty user.

Whats agood suggestion?
Also since I dont plan on doing any OC and obviously no crossifre do I really need a b370? Is there any big loss going to a b350 aide from OC and dual cards?

Do you americans have boxing day sales?

Hopefully DDR4 goes on sale here later this month.

Rate my build I had someone make for me for under a grand, am building it at the moment
pcpartpicker.com/list/VkVMvV
Should be able to run WoW, GTA 5 at a good fps, right? At least 60+?

Looking at a good Z370 MOBO for around $200. Is ASSROCK still the go-to brand?

At this point wait for new motherboards for coffee lake in the new year and get a i5-8400. You'd get way more value. But to answer your question, yes.

I might add I got this case instead, Phanteks Enthoo Pro PH-ES614P_BK
amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6S1B3Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You'd be fine on a quality B350 board.
Radeon CrossFire is supported on B350 and X370 since it uses open standards, but NVIDIA SLI is only on X370 since it has to be built-in to the board. Not that it matters, just clearing it up.

As for coolers, something in the $50-80 range would be a better option for silence and lower temperatures, maybe the NH-D14.
DDR4 won't go on sale.
These parts have higher quality, and you get more storage and faster RAM. It's not worth it to buy OEM windows at that price, so get it on Kinguin for $30 or buy full Windows.
pcpartpicker.com/list/Wd3ywV