/retro/ - Still mad about batteries edition

Post 'em, Ask about 'em, tell everyone why yours is better than theirs.. 'em.

Stale bread

Other urls found in this thread:

uncreativelabs.de/th99/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So thewre is a website out there with a black and green landing page, that list a shitload of board diagrams like pic related for jumper and other settings. Fucked if I can remember the name of it, anyone know?

Don't know about black and green but that sounds like red hill or motherboard.cz

is there anything practical you can do with old tech?

Wank about it on Sup Forums.
Other than that, no.

I'd rather 10 of these threads than to watch you faggots fill applel shill threads with 300 posts of pure shit and go full autism over GPU specs.

Not aware of either but they seem similar, alas, neither have any of my boards though. Saved nonetheless, thanks user.

What kind of old tech are we talking about?

Do you think people invested thousands of dollars into these systems that cost millions of dollars and years to develop just to look at them?

It's not too hard to put any old piece of technology back to work if you take some time to understand its capabilities beyond "it's not fast on the internet."

"Practical" is kind of a vague definition. You can use old hardware to play retro games, giving you the experience as it was intended when released.

A lot of people just have fun living with limitations and pushing hardware as far as it can go. It's a hobby.

I keep equipment around just to access old media. Occasionally people bring me disks and tapes with old documents or projects that I'm able to recover. I've seen all kinds of shit, from some guy's old BBS setup to evidence a guy's wife was having an affair and the kid they raised to adulthood probably isn't his.

I'm considering fully outfitting my house in X10 modules. I dont want to pay $30 for a "smart outlet" that needs to phone china to work.
A lot of ridiculously high dollar shit (especially in scientific and medial fields) requires software that will only work alongside hardware from when it was made.

I never really understood how corrosive battery acid really could be to the human skin. Then one day I picked up client work on some shitty exercise bike tablet application and was given some shitty Chink-tooth broadcasting device that mimics what the actual bike will use. The fucking box it came in had battery acid all on the bottom. Needless to say I rushed to the bathroom to wash that shit off my hand as fast as possible.

uncreativelabs.de/th99/
You're welcome

I answered this in the last thread

rofl

>a couple 20 something contrarians and retrogamer casuals whining about how the normies ruined everything while doing nothing but reposting the same 10 pictures of someone else's boring consumer shit over and over again and upvoting each other for several threads in a row isn't pure shit or autistic
I guess you could argue that /retro/ threads have a better signal to noise ratio, but Sup Forums is shit no matter where you are.

Now this is the signal I'm talking about.

Old processors like 6502 and Z80 are still widely used for automation and real time applications.

Thread's probably dead, but whatever I'll bump it once.

install linux