Was Spain the shittiest colonizing power?

compare ex Spanish colonies to GOAT ex British and ex French colonies

Why are Spain's old colonies so horrible?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augustine,_Florida
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_few_acres_of_snow
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Ross,_California
youtube.com/watch?v=3ahC-zjVDqc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Pavia
youtube.com/watch?v=iEV2d610A3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

test

>GOAT ex British and ex French colonies
What is West Africa? Or East Africa?

Ok, I'll start.

No old Spanish colony is on the level of Canada, US, Australia or New Zealand

>French """""colonies"""""

Nobody can make Africa not a shithole. It's full of Africans.

>French colonies

Some of those places were alright until commies, blacks and drugs

africa doesn't count, everyone knows that

I don't see that the native peoples in those countries are better off than those in Latin America, considering we are catching up fast for the majority of the native populations the Spanish model does appear to be the best.

Quebec is doing pretty well

Go on...

>Argentina
>Not a Spanish-speaking Italian colony

Jesus Christ I thought the French would've been up there with the British

France abandoned them, they are a British colony that were beholden to British parliament and left relatively unscathed because of their submission lel. Acadia was a true French colony... was.

That's because it's ruled by Anglos. Really makes you think

Now let's see the HDI of the ex-Belgian colony...

Only we should exterminate drug cartels and México will be First World

SHART IN MART
H
A
R
T

I
N

M
A
R
T

>France abandoned them
No. Québec is a part of Francophonie. Like many other territories.

They are still a part of Canado though, but we never "abandonned" them. We just (ugh...) lose them... In war.

It's not good, but anyway, please don't say that we abandonned them, It's false.

Also Québec and France are sharing a lot of thing today.

You forgot the Portuguese colony of Guinea

>ruthless Iberians impacted by centuries of Reconquista
>racially mixed with psycho "Indians" and dumb nigger slaves
>WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

>leave the indians
>the indians are shit
>spain is shit
Can't make this shit up.

haiti

>That's because it's ruled by Anglos
Really?
please just be more smart, the next time.

What is shart in mart? Some piping hot new meme?

americans shart in mart

Canada and USA m8

Pic related, the territory of Louisiana we sold to USA in 1803

SHART

You refocused your efforts gaining more of West Africa over Upper Canada(aka New France) because of Sugar cane in Africa. I believe the famous quote was "A worthless patch of snow" you called it. How is that not abandoning Quebec? As far as unforeseen mistakes go, France made a doosey.

The futures not looking bright for any of us desu

California, texas, New Mexico and nevada were spanish and now they are first world

Did you even explore it?

what did he mean by this

Because spaniards are greedy dumbfucks

Wena nido!

>counting all USA and all Canada as exclusively British colonies (not part Spanish or French)

>counting only Africa in French colonies and "forgetting" North America (who was Jacques Cartier?)

REALLY GOOD MEMES

Florida as well, all history of Florida is Spanish.

>muh oro!
Retard kill yourself.

>lose colonies in a war
>get mad when people don't keep pretending you still own them
w e w

'Take everything and give nothing back' -policy is standard spanish practise

t. amerishart

If anything the Spaniards were the best. The succesful British colonies are those that were barren wastelands with very few natives, while the Spanish had overwhelming native populations to tackle, and they still managed to bring them decent living standards, proper education and often better looking towns than even the Spanish themselves had, all without holocausting them (which was the go-to method for Brits).

It's obvious the Spanish wanted for both sides of the coin to benefit from the colonizing.

Thanks chicano, half of your country was Spain

>>counting all USA and all Canada as exclusively British colonies (not part Spanish or French)

For the same reason we call South Africa a British colony and not a Dutch one. You abandoned it, Brits had it last and they speak English.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augustine,_Florida
Saint Augustine was founded on September 8, 1565, by Spanish admiral and Florida's first governor, Pedro Menéndez de Avilés. He named the settlement "San Agustín", as his ships bearing settlers, troops, and supplies from Spain had first sighted land in Florida on August 28, 1565, the feast day of St. Augustine.[9] The city served as the capital of Spanish Florida for over 200 years, and became the capital of British East Florida when the territory briefly changed hands between Spain and Britain.

I would say constructing a fort means ownership.

Greedy, dumb and lazy

And?
You've been independent for 200 years.
The USA was founded 200 years ago.

We sold Alaska and our part of West Coast, holy fuck, we created US too

>the famous quote was "A worthless patch of snow" you called it
Huh, what? Never ever heard about that "famous" quote.

Anyway, like I said, Québec is an important part of Francophonie.
And actually most people in France like them.
We share more culture with them; and also Belgium and Swiss, as with the rest of the world.

Only the Caribean region, not including Mexico, has any significant black minorities and this is mostly because of the Brits. The only mulatto Hispanic nation, the Dominican Republic, owes it's heritage to the French in Hispaniola.

As for "Psycho Indians" much of current Spanish speaking Latin America did actually host advanced civilizations.The Aztecs had aqueducts, irrigation, monumental architecture, written records, universal education and a Temazcal (bath) in every home.

Yeah but look at how the US became a world power

With Canada, New Zealand and Australia behind as some of the best places to live in the world

Hell even India is becoming a power

AMERICA IS A RUSSIAN COLONY

new zealand is poor and brown, in fact if anyone ITT is thinking of moving here I would HIGHLY recommend australia instead

Because were greedy, dumb and lazy too...

Also they left us with a fucked up society; elitist and racist

No, that was Portugal (not memeing)

>Huh, what? Never ever heard about that "famous" quote.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_few_acres_of_snow

Abandoned, cast aside, betrayed. This is the legacy of France in Quebec.

Learn the difference between settlement colonies and exploitation colonies. If anything, ours are the among the best compared to street-shitting British India or poor as shit Southeast Asia (and they were colonized at a time of much more advanced technology), and I won't even mention Africa.

was 4U

>mexican education

We did not lose Louisiana (a good quarter of today's USA territory) in any war. We sold it to USA.

>pretending you still own them
Total retard.

Brits never ever had French Louisiana.

And they formally took our part of Canada, but did you notice they still don't want to speak English there?

Okay, go to pure indio peru or your indian reserves.

«Quelques arpents de neige»était une citation de Voltaire.

>Muh criollos oppressing the brownies
Spaniards gave the natives equal rights and tried to educate them but they're too low IQ stupid to learn

Central American countries are also free from greedy lazy Spaniards, indio de mierda.

>best colonies
>not danish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom

How does the Spanish having a harder time making their colonys mediocre and still pretty shitty make them better than the British at colonizing again? Also you don't know much about the new world if you think North America was sparsely populated with "very few natives".

Not "created US", but it's completely retarded to pretend the entirely of USA (including Louisiana, California or Alaska) was a former British colony.

>I would say constructing a fort means ownership.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Ross,_California

there was no distinction, it's just Spaniards got cucked by the regime and pope at the time to treat indians with equal rights.

Voltaire était un enculé.

I think this is relevant here

I... Il devait être bourré...

lmao

meh

youtube.com/watch?v=3ahC-zjVDqc

Your point is?

Proofs are required

South Africa is way better than places like Bolivia

>no french canada
>no Louisiana purchase
WEW

>Brits never ever had French Louisiana.

They had the 13 colonies, and the last colonial power to hold America was Britain. French Louisiana like all america adopted British law, administration, British dress, and the English language.

>And they formally took our part of Canada, but did you notice they still don't want to speak English there?

What are you talking about? Nova Scotia and the maritimes speak English.

No, it was the best, hence their colonies being shit. Do Americans learn nothing about history in school? It's always you spouting this retardness

t. jean-luc

Letting the people do what they want.

Actually pretending, we still manage to pomp all the oil there.

Kys

>Abandoned, cast aside, betrayed
Oh, man...
Try it better the next time, Francophones aren't so easy to disturb.

I didn't say "Indians" didn't have any civilisation, just that some of them looked quite violent and psychotic (for our standards).

Mix that with violent Spaniards who just got out centuries of war (and are tough enough to conquer a new world), and you get... violent countries! What a surprise!!!

>being french unironically
it's (You) who should kys my smelly friend

No they're not, Spaniard descendants are in every Latin American country but central america is shit because of the 20 years of civil wars and the gang deportations to their area

>British law and administration

Hahaha

Even the fucking peoples were germans and irish mainly.

The policies used on a typical settler colony and a resource/exploitation colony are completely different and you'd have to be a complete retard to deny that.

France did abandon Quebec. It's an objective fact. It's not up too interpretation m8.

Spanish unlike French or English is mostly spoken by Non-Whites

Any explanation for that?

SeeYes

Spaniards were an organized force you buffoon.

Spanish soldiers were used by the Holy Roman Empire all over Europe as they were the best in the world, the Spanish crown was the most important crown in the world for centuries.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Pavia
youtube.com/watch?v=iEV2d610A3o

But that's the standards colonial policy everywhere.
Even in settler colonies only the settlers are exempt from that.

I'm not your friend, little boy.

Chi

Great Britain, having colonized the more productive territories to the south and to the east (the Thirteen Colonies), having already provided them with a much larger population, will not tolerate the presence of another European power in that area and will relentlessly attack Canada until such presence is ousted. Given the enormous disproportion in population and material resources between the French and British colonies in North America, the impossibility of modifying that imbalance in the foreseeable future and Britain's generally better control of the maritime routes to Europe, Britain will inevitably prevail sooner or later.
Therefore, an effective defence of Canada by France requires an extraordinarily large commitment of resources in comparison to the scant economic value in return, and any resources thus expended, even if allowing victories in the short term, are wasted as they can only serve at best to postpone for a few more decades the handing over of Canada to Britain, which is inevitable in the long term. Consequently, sound economic policy dictates handing over Canada to Britain as soon as possible and concentrating France's resources in its Caribbean colonies, more valuable economically and more readily defensible

Seems about right

Maybe, that doesn't matter though. The point stands. Why are you so butthurt?

It's taught over get

There was no difference, the only difference is in one they left Indians alive and in another they implanted their own nation.

You'll never leave your position, huh? whatever I say.