The Sup Forumsternet project

### Sup Forumsternet - serious edition ###

Mark yourself on the map with your contact info (can be a cock.li throwaway if you don't want to dox yourself)
zeemaps.com/map?group=2787145

IRC (SSL): irc.jollo.org:9999 #gternet
Wiki: mesh.gentoo.today
Pastebin: paste(.)ee/p/0AQU4
Last thread: What is Sup Forumsternet?
Sup Forumsternet would be our own decentralized p2p network running on our own infrastructure, powered by something like ipfs.
Similar things have already been done: businessinsider.com/cuban-youth-built-a-secret-internet-network-2015-1

This project is less than a week old, so we need all the expertise and help we can get.
Every contribution is valuable!
Gather a group of friends and join the IRC and wiki.

To do:
- [s]decide on standards for software[/s] We are most likely using Freifunk w/ b.a.t.m.a.n.
- decide on standards for hardware
- create resources for newbies on the wiki
- work on the software
- gather more people
- start building the physical network

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Agorise/c-ipfs
mesh.gentoo.today/wiki/PortaPi
youtube.com/watch?v=zXTEWFb_6w4
github.com/ligi/IPFSDroid
ybin.me/p/cac8467ebb5030af#QNn4dfDGk cHokMfMqnlFKIKnr1LDUUXus ul2YY2FY=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My suggestion in the last thread was that for local mesh nets phones would serve as good nodes. If we developed an app that could turn phones into passive nodes that would solve a lot of concerns anons have had about how to roll it out and hardware concerns.

No need of ico
Please go to paste on top and ctrl f Bitcoin
There's a good link

Hey guys, I've seen these threads in the catalog, but haven't really been in them.

>IRC (SSL): irc.jollo.org:9999 #gternet
May I ask why you guys aren't using Rizon? Isn't Rizon standard for Sup Forums projects? I can't be assed to register another nickserv account

while the hardware on android and iphone devices support ad-hoc networking, their kernel and operating systems do not.

we briefly discussed this on irc, and it is an option, but you'd have to flash a custom rom (means unlocked bootloader, custom recovery, and root) which most won't do because (((effort)))

newest iphones have airdrop though, which is an actual working mesh network

Trying to compile c-ipfs on phone in termux, I get pic related when compiling lmdb ( which the readme says I should compile before compiling c-ipfs) can somebody help
github.com/Agorise/c-ipfs

do you even think about what are you typing, or do you just spit out of the first retarded fucking thing that comes to your head?

i wouldn't run a node on my phone because battery :s

mesh.gentoo.today/wiki/PortaPi
Cheap and easy setup.

What about turning to open source hardware for a mobile node?

youtube.com/watch?v=zXTEWFb_6w4

Networking is not something I know much about.

It seems there are some devices designed to work as part of a mesh network that are supposed to work with your devices (phone, laptop ect.) while having its own independent battery and other features.

Maybe this is helpfull: github.com/ligi/IPFSDroid

Ffs use the new copypasta

please use the new copypasta. Also we have decided on using batman-adv.

t. irc

If any Huntsville nigs are reading this there are some guys at 5 point that I know about trying do a little meshing with batman.

>new copypasta
ybin.me/p/cac8467ebb5030af#QNn4dfDGk cHokMfMqnlFKIKnr1LDUUXus ul2YY2FY=

fact:even in a mesh, you actually need to connect to some hotspot (?)
hurried sketch showing what a mesh with each node having (one hotspot, one receiver) or (two receivers) would look like. also, if hotspots are not required, how??? i am assuming for batman to work you need to be connected to some hotspot?

use a proper pastebin you twat

Hello, how to connect to the irc server with ssl on weechat, i'm a brainlet and searx is not really helping.

Check the guide on the wiki. It's under tutorials.

Fuck i feel dumb, i was connecting to irc.jollo.org:9999 instead of irc.jollo.org/9999

should we let this thread autosage and make a new one with the correct pasta or just bump this one?