Desks and Standing Desks

I use a standing desk, It is literally a tray table stacked on a footlocker.

I like it. I just feel more energetic. And no I don't get tired and can literally be here all day. So desk and ergronomics thread I guess.

using one for two weeks now bc sitting made my back sore. other than my back feeling regular havent had any sick gains like extra energy, positivity etc. i think theyre placebo effect

Meme. Lift and go on regular walks. Then sit in a comfy chair and do your computing. Of course sedentary faggots are gonna have issues sitting all day.

what is a footlocker? also i use one often and i think they wobble more than a normal desk

footlocker is a wooden box with a lid that you put things in.

Picture is what it literally looks like.

I do lift

I wouldn't say any sick gains, but I feel better than using the previous substandard chair. Also workign on posture.

If I buy one do I need to take breaks every hour to go around telling coworkers that sitting is killing them?

Isn't that considered a perk?

I've seen some videos of those convertible ones that can switch between standing and sitting. Those things probably costs a ton. Makes me wonder how many people would actually buy those things.

Wouldn't it be best for your back/legs/etc to switch between the two regularly?

It's a locker you store feet in duh. What are you retarded?

Maybe when you first start and your body is weak, but with good posture you can stand 18+ hours a day.

I want to try a treadmill desk but can't afford one. Why are they so overpriced?

Probably the treadmill.

Why not lay a board across your treadmill handles and clamp it down?

What are some good sit/stand hybrid desks? Apparently the IKEA one is shit.

that thing looks like someone is running with a lance towards someone

It looks like a resectoscope

My boss has one (the only one in the office). It's noisy as fuck when it changes position.

I had Geekdesks at a couple of previous jobs, which were nice, but they're really expensive. I got myself a Jarvis desk for at home, which was cheaper than a Geekdesk, and somewhat nicer too (the top curves in slightly and the variable programmable adjustment has a nice display).

My current job has a standing desk. I'm not sure what brand it is, but it's probably the biggest/heaviest one I've used.

They get a lot of activity in general because sitting all day can start making people antsy or cramped

>Jarvis

Very nice. This is what I've been looking for. Did you go for the optional monitor mount?

>numb chest after 10 mins
nope

That is a seriously bad 3d model of an iMac.

What makes you think it's a model?

It's clearly an imac g5

All my jobs in recent years have been standing jobs (production/warehouse type work). I like the physical activity.

You have to be able to move around though, if you're stationary your feet get numb. Also it helps to have cushion insoles in your shoes.

presumably no harder than being a cashier at a store or whatever

Standing job is supposed to be better for your health than a sitting job. Assuming you don't have varicose veins.

got no problem with moving all day I even prefer that to being sit but standing still is way worse for me than sitting, I'd kill myself if I had to do that everyday

I used to have a stool that was off to the side of my bed and the exact same height as the bed too so that I could put my monitor onto the stool and then browse the web or play vidya while lying down at night.

I just bought a pneumatic one for $170 on Black Friday. I have an electric motor one at work which I'm sure cost like $1500, but upliftdesk and fully jarvis are around $500. If you're under 30, I think an occasional visit to the gym is good enough.