Imagine if Apple products weren't so expensive ... the world would be a better place without malware, viruses...

Imagine if Apple products weren't so expensive ... the world would be a better place without malware, viruses, malfunctioning software/hardware incopatibilities with drivers etc.

Clean, simple, functional.

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/
hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/
engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/
cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's actually somewhat sad people actually believe this
The reason that Macs don't have as many viruses is that it's such low marketshare the people who write them just don't give a shit to write them for OSX or iOS. There are some out there though and people get them all the time.
And the lack of incompatibility is because Apple forces you into specific hardware because they're too lazy and the consumers who buy the stuff don't care.
Good bait though

I can remember +10 years ago when there really was no malware and phishing targeting Macs. Now it's pretty common.

Are you saying that more people would get them?
Apple is expensive, but not that expensive.
Macbooks and iphones are used a lot of places. One of the poorest demographic is students and they dominate among students.
The pro is never updated, the imac is not fast enough for some desktop users, the others prefer laptops and a monitor.

>Now it's pretty common.
No it's not. You literally can't get malware on macOS because it's built on rock solid Darwin / BSD UNIX foundation.

It's not Pajeetdows.

lol root

Has been patched.

>without malware, viruses, malfunctioning software/hardware incopatibilities with drivers etc
there is no malware on Apple computers, because its closed down (only applstore apps can run without righclicking and allowing the application to run)

also, its not feasible to make malware for only 4% of userbase.

also sure you can, if the user decides to run the program itself (torrented software, apps not downloaded from appstore)

lol update that undid the patch they put out
i guess they were to busy blowing each other to notice

"Cheaper" laptops have always been a false economy for me. I bought a MacBook Pro in 2009, one of the old thicc models that still had an optical drive, and it lasted me into 2014. Nothing actually stopped working on it, I only retired it because the C2D and Nvidia 9400M just couldn't keep up with what I wanted to do. I also sold it which considerably offset the purchase of my new one.

Spread out over 5-7 years it isn't a lot of money. $250/yr is worth it to me for a MacBook Pro.

Unfortunately part of that longevity was upgradability of previous models. There's virtually nothing in the new MBPs that's upgradeable. This is partially offset by the fact that computing has really plateaued in recent years for many domains of use. This years model of MacBook is indistinguishable from last years, and next year won't be massively more powerful either. We're against a wall for what people want and what is technically possible with current manufacturing processes.

this

at most it should just cause problems in ~. which is backedup by Time Machine :^

Security would be non-existant.

And wangblows products are already expensive so apple products being cheaper would just make less people buy them.

....and it broke network sharing. Only poor people share, amirite?

which doesnt mean you are protected against spyware. they could steal your sensitive information.

>could
bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/

engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/

cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/

>there is no malware on Apple computers, because its closed down
That's not true anyway, I have a mac running High Sierra and malware is still a legitimate threat. Windows 10's aggressive update schedule makes it arguably more secure than macOS.

No no no. Macs are more expensive, therefore harder to acquire, therefore less likely to be in your home than a Windows computer, and therefore less likely to be targeted than a Windows computer.

Windows thousands of embarrassing vulnerabilities discovered every week. The only reason you hear about Mac's is because it happens less often so it's a big deal.

source?

Wew this is getting sad

if I have an older mac is it a death sentence to upgrade the software? Will it just activate the planned obsolecense and make everything laggy?

In general you should upgrade to the newest version of OS X/macOS that is supported by your hardware unless you have a specific piece of software or hardware that isn't supported by newer versions.