VLC 3.0.0 RC1

Anyone using this?
nightlies.videolan.org/build/win64/vlc-3.0.0-rc1-20171130-0530/
It fixed one of the most annoying bugs ever, and actually looks pretty sleek with its updated theme

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/manual/stable/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No one here but the retarded niggers like you use VLC

>build your own media player
I bet you compile your Linux distro too, don't you?

>looks pretty sleek with its updated theme
Post a screenshot.

Not him but MPV is utter shit on android, that's where I use VLC. I use MPV on Ubungo and Fedora though

You won't see much difference in a screenshot, it's mostly in the menu icons - which are now orange/white/gray - and added animations.
Though it looks very slightly flattened overall.

>phone posters

>he doesn't know how to spell phoneposters

Do you even know where you are anymore? What era we're in? Really made me think

Looks the same a 2.x on OSX

There is no reason other than outdated memes to hate VLC. The fact is, MPV has an unstable development process and will never be a finished product. Not only that but MPV is utter garbage for enterprise usage. Why would anyone settle for an unfinished video player when VLC exists?

Not him but I just use it completely stock, and it's been a very nice experience. Doesn't leave files everywhere, can be used by power users but not in your face about it, "just werkz."

VLC is the only media player that can splice video on the fly, has the best AB repeat, and streams media from the internet perfectly (it can even stream rar files that have multiple videos in them). All other media players I've tried are shit.

Hell, you can even stream a 15gb video file in a rar, skip to the part you want, press the record button, and you get a full quality section of the video that you actually want without downloading the whole thing or needing to extract it.

If there isn't another media player that can do that then f off.

If MPV is so utter garbage why is VideoLAN planning to use mpv's video renderer(libplacebo)?

mpv can do all those things retard.

Because MPV's problem isn't underlying parts, it's the hack job of integrating them.

>libplacebo
WHY would you ever call a library that!?

Or any software at all?

Heh. I remember a time when you faggots used to fucking WORSHIP VLC. I still use it because it is simple and versatile. Everything else is shit. Even MPC-HC was fucking garbage.

>Having to configure the video player using a text is a botched hack job.
End yourself retard, even a monkey can configure mpv in seconds.

>Having to configure the video player using a text is a botched hack job.
That's literally the definition, yes.

Because it's... placebo?
huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

So using a terminal to configure a linux installation is a botched hack job?
Sasuga wintard.

No it can't.

Yes it can.
mpv.io/manual/stable/

>So using a terminal to configure a linux installation is a botched hack job?
Yes. Hence Linux's 2% marketshare.
(Well, that and the retarded GNU name meme.)

>"Yes. Hence Linux's 2% marketshare in the desktop and latop market"
Fixed that for you.

Don't forget that 90% of those 2% are "user friendly" Linux distributions like Ubuntu that *don't* require a terminal for basic setup.

When was that? 2004?

Those are, coincidentally, the only markets that are relevant to mpv and vlc.

So, why do people hate VLC so much? It does everything you need it to do, lot's of options, and it's lightweight. I don't get the retarded over exaggerated hatred over a video player.

What makes it even more absurd is the fact that it's FOSS.

mpv autists can't handle the fact that their arcane knowledge of config files doesn't matter.

based videolan client

>arcane knowledge

>Those are, coincidentally, the only markets that are relevant
FTFY

Forgot my /s

Didn't work. Just spammed connection attempts and made me reach my daily limit for a hoster, gg.

You haven't configured it correctly, git gud.

Most FOSS is shit though.

I see you've already considered this.

Nu-males/reddit