Clean thermal compound off cpu

>clean thermal compound off cpu
>this fucking mark on the top right won't come off no matter how much I rub it with alcohol
REEEEEEEEEEE
Will this be a problem while applying my new cooler or am I over thinking this shit.

You're gonna get a hot spot there and it will burn up. Time to buy a new processor.

Delid it

you're absolutely over thinking it you autistic fuck

Use a razor.

This what can happen is even tho your themals will say there fine heat will really build up on this mark and eventually burn through

I doubt it'll make too much difference.

>being this much of a retard
The fact that its an Intel CPU I imagine you're a Sup Forumstard too
That little mark pales in comparison to how shit the IHS is on that CPU

Is this advanced retardation?

yeah just use a razor, slit your wrists

Take out the cpu, rub the CPU pad against a 9V battery,and then RMA it.

Kys. It just got a hit

that's a platinum vein from unrefined manufacturing. take it into your local jeweler and they can extract it for you.

When you hear about people baking their GPUs, this is the exact kind of thing they're trying to repair. Doesn't happen to CPUs often, but Intel's been cheaping out on their thermal interface materials and it's been killing CPUs with dry TIM and high temps.

this
it'll re-liquefy the cpu lid and burn off the thermal paste since it has a lower phase transition temp to gas than the chink cpu lid has
i do it all the time everytime someone asks me to repair their CPUs
t. geeksquad at bestbuy

I am serious. If you cannot get over that small blemish on the IHS, then that is the best thing you can do.

Is there a guide to surreptitiously damaging various components in order to RMA?

For my region, as long as there are no burn/explosion marks, they replace it. However this means if the VRM exploded by itself you are out of warranty even if you did not OC/not at fault. In this case the only option is to try to conceal the burn mark and cross your fingers

by virtue of using "REEEEEE" you already have a bigger problem (being retarded)

That cpu has horrendous ihs issues anyway and bad thermal compound inside on the die. You are fucked without delidding anyway.

You are fucking stupid for buying one of these as it is. Delid put proper compound inside then clean ihs properly and re install.