/sitg/ - Startup Idea Thread General..Bounce by the ounce edition

Throw around your currently startup ideas Sup Forums Lets hear them

Were not doing your work for you.

Try reddit.

saged.

What are our thoughts on Medium's paid model? Do you think authors will like this value proposition? Do you think their model will work long term?

rent-a-roastie

How about a start up, that allows croud sourcing to fund other startups? Its geeneeoss

Medium to me feels like youtube/vimeo for writers; less people are straying from popular social media sites so Medium is a convenient way to amalgamate good articles with great SEO and in-site linking. It only makes sense for having a 'paid' model on their end; seems to monetarily benefit the writers so it's a substitute for ads. I only hope that system is opt-in so it doesn't attract clickbait.

I'm already doing the uber for prostitutes idea in my country :^)

Nice try pajeet.

Not a start up, but I ran into some money and tried to think of ways to make more money. I live in North dakota and there is nothing to do here besides drugs, everybody likes to play games, I think I'm going to open an arcade. Room with pcs room with consoles vr room and a main room for old school arcade games, claw machines, race style games. I think it would be very profitable, who doesn't like playing fucking games?

Eoma68 but easily repairable and with sata support

Make sure you'll have a bar too. Because most likely your customers be between 20-40 years old.

I was thinking of maybe starting up a screen repair business. Phone screens, laptop screens, and tablet screens. I've got a vendor for laptops, but not phone or tablet screens. I haven't done that much research, desu. I know that people are willing to pay hundreds of dollars though to repair that shit. There's kind of a lot of competition too... but i thought maybe if I marketed it well then i'd be able to make some decent money on the side doing it.

I'd have to sell food too because there would be some younger kids too. I don't want only 21+

WISP, using cheap ubiquiti gear

make it an internet cafe with gaming pcs, drop the other stuff, VR is as dead as fidget spinners

In my city we have a video game bar. Basically they have events for popular 'nerd' shit like pokomom and Zelda to get the normies coming in but it's full of console games and has a dance floor.

Might not work to well if your not in a nightlife area because it's a place people go between 8pm-2am then usually hit the clubs 12pm onwoods.

wh-what do you guys think?

Iphones are all the same so its easy,

There are so many tablets / laptops out there holding so many screens in storage can become costly, or they just have to wait for you to get one in for them,

Start off small first,

Being been to china, it is easy to built your own custom laptop with your own specs adding like sd card, tape recorder, punchcard
you could design a laptop look like t420 and keyboard with coffee lake inside and put a logo kekpad

Im thinking like a strawpoll choosing specs and like a massdrop pledging since minimum order in custom laptops is like 100 or 200 cant remember

Alright, thanks for the reply, user

VR is great but if you want to make a business out of it you need someone on hand at all times because newcomers will run into walls and break their necks

Literally just a calculator that has pre-installed formulas. Sell it for $1.

A health app that searches nearby stores for discounts on foods that can be used for your diet. It also makes recipes for you with detailed steps and tracks your weight loss. $2.

Or they're free with ads >:)

no offense but those are some of the most unoriginal app ideas ever and you're way too late. you're either going to make a pitiful amount of money or to even have a chance of making a decent amount of money you're going to waste a ton of development and marketing resources to try to stand out from the rest.

I have an idea for an app but I have 0 business experience and no idea how to create or sell it. Someone else would need to do literally everything for me. What do.

Do you have money? Pay them to do it.

No unfortunately.

What would it take aside from money to begin producing thikpad-inspired laptops (easily repairable, stronk,clit mouse)

It's like uber but for _

It's not about originality, it's about how well you can market your shit.