A LEAF files for bankruptcy after closing all retail stores

F

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KMaWSinw4MI&t=2493s
techspot.com/news/72137-ncix-files-bankruptcy-after-closing-all-retail-stores.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=KMaWSinw4MI&t=2493s

RIP

Too bad. I liked my local NCIX and it was always my first choice when they were competitive. Unfortunately there was a Canada Computers 5 minutes from it with significantly more stock, and lower prices on almost everything.

Bought a bunch of parts from them a couple years back when I was putting my computer together and never had any problems though when I wanted to go to a physical store I usually went to Memory Express as their Richmond location was a lot more convenient and bigger. Sucks to hear.

Overstaffed, lots of poor quality products.. I will say their RMAs are pretty painless. Bought a piece of shit rackmount UPS from them which claimed to have pure sine.. It almost fucked up one of my servers during a power outage.

I called the manufacturer support line and they said that model does not in fact have pure sine. NCIX either lied or accidentally used the wrong product description. Yikes.

NCIX IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

>inb4 someone asks for source
techspot.com/news/72137-ncix-files-bankruptcy-after-closing-all-retail-stores.html

I guess this is what happens when Amazon notices that your country exist.

They are restructuring, relocating their stores to better places and their ressources too

"Supreme bankruptcy" can also mean restructuring? Canada is weird.

Rip, but the only thing I’ve ever bought from there was a keyboard

Nice, I'm in the Vancouver area too. Used to live in Calgary and used to work for memory express. They're a lot better than ncix in my experience. Usually have better pricing, and their staff know more generally. I hated working in a sales role though. Doing a new build at the moment and was considering getting parts from ncix but decided against it. Got most of my stuff from the Langley location, some from Newegg and some from Amazon.

No, they're not, idiot. They've already laid off most of their staff and their stores were already in as good locations as it's possible to get for a tech retailer. And they just closed them all. They're not setting up for a comeback. They're done.

Nepean?

No. It means they're fukt and not coming back.

They were literally the worst place to buy anything in canada. Why is this being spammed about on Sup Forums?

With NCIX out of their way CC and Memex had basically fuck-all for holiday sales this year though.

NCIX never provided competition for better sales lmao how fucking delusional

the reason you aren't seeing any sales this year is because largely every single component is getting absolutely raped in the market, ram an obvious example, but other examples include gpu due to chink mining

I don't know about your town but last year they tried to undercut each other well enough. Got my i5 $100 off the going rate and a Fractal case at half price.

Both NCIX locations near me either had a CC 5 minutes down the road or one literally less than 50m down the road and across the street. When they weren't open on Sundays at that second location (midtown Toronto) the CC refused my friend a price match from NCIX because fuck you, that was fun. Now that NCIX is gone there's no other physical retailer in Ontario to price match with except BB, and CC doesn't accept online price matches either.

What plane of reality do you live in where Canada gets deals or sales on anything?

Ayy this is now a Nepean Niggas thread.

Canadian Sale: Pay what the Americans pay!

Sad it's closing. Making zero profit will not sustain you for very long. Next will be Canada Computer, Best Buy and others.

Less competition will soon make prices skyrocket but maybe companies will be around a bit longer.

What is stopping giants like newegg from capturing the Canadian market?

They already have it. It's very rare that a Canadian retailer will have a better price than newegg. Most of the time they'll just match whatever deals the Canadian retailers have. I've seen it often. Goes on sale at NCIX/CanadaComputers/etc., newegg has the same price. Once the sale stops, newegg goes back to the old price.

there are a bunch of them though
which is why NCIX is ded they were literally redundant in every single way, barely had any stock in comparison to their competitors too

Newegg's selection is shit in Canada and they don't have free shipping or store pickup.

What are you talking about? They have the widest selection, and they do offer free shipping.

RIP, been buying my parts there forever. I almost applied to do computer repairs there when I was doing the same job at Future Shop as a teenager.

Anyone remember that sketchy as fuck ATIC computers? Yeah well they're still around, when NCIX is dead. Who would have guessed.