Intel Is Dead

wccftech.com/amd-james-prior-interview-vega-11-ryzen-2-am4-vega-supply/

>Rest assured, you will be totally able to plug in the next Zen+ / Zen 2 product in your existing AM4 motherboard.

Well, Intel is dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FanlessTech/status/936199410953916416
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Buy AM4 board, put new Ryzen in board until 2020
>Ryzen+, Ryzen 2 and possibly Ryzen 3

That alone makes this SHIT all over Intel.

>will be totally able to plug in the next Zen+ / Zen 2 product in your existing AM4 motherboard.

Man, it's not like we knew this a month BEFORE Ryzen launched in March!

there were rumors this changed a month or so ago, some intel guy was saying amd fucked up and they're silicon wasn't compatible

yfw, no desktop vega11, just a shitty apu

I want my vega11 with 2560sp @ 1800mhz

who cares about that shit? new threadripper when???

2nd half of 2018

fuck I can't wait that long

>wccftech
nice meme

buy i9 when

but that's shit compared to current TR

>still no 7W mobile APU for cheap fanless systems
AMD pls

im sure you could get away with passively cooling one of the existing APUs if you try to undervolt them

When is AMD going to release a decent desktop APU?

What percentage of people upgrade their CPU every year? The 1%?

I have an i5 4670K and I still have no reason to upgrade. If you're shelling out $500+ every year for max 5% performance gain, you're simply retarded.

On top of that, the people who can afford a new CPU every year, can also afford to buy a new $60 mobo with that.

"Upgrade paths" are a fucking meme.
Even for me, the Haswell i7 is still so good that it's more than $200 right now, so it's not a cheap upgrade even 4 years later.

Can people stop using this meme argument now?

I'm referring to banded kestrel and river hawk. RH is supposed to be on 7nm and have a 4-15 TDP. It could compete with the atom lineup lol

>trusting AMD

what is the chance that the next ThreadRipper will use the same exact socket and be compatible with current TR setups?

146%.
SP3 stays the same for everything Zen.

In other words Ryzen 2 will be outdated trash without PCIe 4.0 and DDR5.

It was just a retard implying that new chipset means no backwards compatibility.

Not a single intel platform will have enough PCIe lanes to be useful.

SAY HIS NAME

AMD will always be a second-tier brand

and only poorfags care around recycling their mobo when they change CPU. you do that every 5 years anyway so you would want the new mobo for the new features.

STALLMAN!

CERTIFIED

what do you think the 11 means? For once in the long history of graphics accelerators it's a logical naming scheme.

how fast will those chips go though?

Whenever I get bored of my current PC and plan to renew it, I'm going to start for a new case all the way up to a new GPU/CPU, I won't be reusing 4-5 year old parts. Replacing only some parts it's like putting some makeup on a woman and claim that she's a new woman. No, you don't put makeup on your wife if you get tired of her, you simply dump her and go for another one, a sexbot in this case because women nowadays are all used goods.

The closest Intel got to death was during the 32/64 bit leap, when they had the bright idea of abandoning retroactive compatibility. But AMD is getting leverage, and this is just great. Let's hope the same occurs in the memory market.

I think AMD said AM4 will be supported at least until 2020, so 3+ more years after the initial 2017 Ryzens. Quite a few people upgrade their CPU roughly every 3-5 years - many of that particular group would be able to benefit from this if they want.
Of course, this selling point progressively degrades as time passes - if you only join the Ryzen platfrom in 2019, you're likely to find you'll need to buy a new mobo (or else a CPU older than current-gen) when you try to upgrade again around 2022-2024.
Also, maybe the latest mobo generation has features you like enough to buy a new mobo anyway - or maybe your old mobo dies a couple months after its 3-year warranty ran out.
In conclusion, there's some potential utility to upgrade paths, but it's limited.

Vega 11 and Vega11 are completely different things.

gasp

250mph

It wouldn’t compete, it would decimate. Atom is complete garbage.

lmao, that shill argument is so pathetic even though it's obvious to anyone that it's idiotic and beyond silly.

I've had plenty of systems in my time, mostly AMD. The CPU's always been stuck in the motherboard I bought with it throughout it's lifetime. I always upgrade motherboard/CPU/RAM because there's been progress between my upgrades - you couldn't stick DDR1 RAM in a DDR3 board, now could you? My Ryzen 1600X will sit in the motherboard I bought with it until I replace the board and the CPU and the RAM. And even if I were to replace the CPU ... it would be the RAM that's the important part. $200 CPU, $250 for 32 GB RAM and I or anyone would care about the cost of a $100 motherboard?

Regardless, I'm not going to pay another $200 to replace that CPU for a new "next generation" one that's perhaps 5% faster.

Ddr5 2018

I'm not saying that I don't believe the AMD hype or that they're necessarily going to under-deliver. Often times they've met or exceeded expectations.

But let's be honest. Most of the time they don't.

but DDR4 is still a useless meme

>Ryzen has worse IPC than Core i7 and i9
>Worse single core performance
>Not compatible with GenuineIntel software

Why the fuck would you waste your time with AMD?

you know what I mean wise guy? HERTZ MATTER!

>t. NetBurst

Yet AMD makes a GPU for Intel.

January or february.

>$200 CPU, $250 for 32 GB RAM and I or anyone would care about the cost of a $100 motherboard?
If $100 is nothing, why buy a $250 cpu? You could get a much nicer $350 cpu. Clearly the money acctually matters to you. Reusing ram is great. Ddr3/4 difference is minimal (for Intel anyway)

>perhaps 5% faster.
That was during the 2012-2017 amd monopoly.
This generation was a 50% jump in performance for the same price, assuming enough people buy amd we could keep getting huge bumps in performance.

>all the Intel fans believed Coffee Lake will work in Z170/Z270 boards
>now salty

We AMDfags are not such Turmp-voter level cucks as you Intelgfags are, at least.

>this level of damage control
I will remember you when Intel only releases new CPUs on desktop in H1 2019, around the time when AMD puts out Ryzen 3000.

Intel 9000 generation might not even have PCIE4. And DDR5 in 2019? - no, just no.

And Intel makes NICs for AMD. I don't see the problem here.

>Intel 9000 generation might not even have PCIE4
Probably not, it's coming out next year and Intel will likely want it out sooner rather than later in order to have proper competition against 8C Ryzen.

>I
>I
>I
>I
>I

2021, realistically.

Intel has a server refresh scheduled for 2018 (Cascade Lake). In 2019, they might launch Ice Lake. That one is still DDR4, too soon for DDR5 that year. And that platform will last 2 years. So Intel servers and HEDT might adopt DDR5 in 2021 or in 2022 if Intel is late.
Desktops won't switch before servers, and so won't notebooks.

Gen 9000 is Ice Lake (10nm+). I think it will only land in H1 2019. Late 2018 limited semi-paper launch of a few SKUs if we are very lucky.

Who cares, Intel will have SoC the size of a silver dollar that contain an LTE modem gddr4 cache and 128+GB of xpoint flash on board.

AMD isn't even relevant in modern computing outside of antiquated gamer rigs.

>AMD isn't even relevant in modern computing outside of antiquated gamer rigs.
Which is why all the big players are hoarding EPYC.

Not according to the latest rumors it's not. 9000 is going to be Coffee Lel 'refresh' with 8C CPUs in 2018, probably running on the rumored Z390 mobos. You really think Intel is going to wait over a year while taking it up the ass from Ryzen 2000 and do absolutely nothing, considering how they fucking rushed Skylake-X and Coffee Lel? Fat chance, they're going to have something out to try to compete.

It's too soon for DDR5, and as far as I'm aware PCIe 4.0 isn't bringing anything big to the table.

Also, there's no rule against Ryzen 2's chipset supporting it on new mobos but still being capable of running without it on old mobos.

Wouldn't they need a different memory controller to run DDR5? I doubt any Ryzen CPU is going to have redundant memory controllers, they'll probably stick to DDR4. I'm not sure how it works with PCIe exactly, that might be plausible since it's backwards compatible anyway, so a PCIe 4.0 capable CPU might be able to run PCIe 3.0 on older mobos.

They aren't relevant there either, Intel dominates and Qualcomm is the up and comer.

AMD's only profitable path is marketing "enthusiast" blow dryers with no drivers to miserly morons.

>Intel dominates
By that I can only mean "Offers worse performance for more money, except in a few niche applications" because that's what's going on right now.

>LTE, modem
Dude, Intel is dead in mobile. They utterly failed to get in that market. The couldn't do it when it was just Qualcomm and Mediatek, much less when the Jobs cult makes their own shit. And they only manage to sell their modems to Apple bceause said cunt is trying to get Qualcomm to go out of business.

>latest rumors
Latest rumours are just rumours, aka bullshit.
twitter.com/FanlessTech/status/936199410953916416
This guy has been right before, he gets to see Intel roadmaps and said he saw proof all of gen 9000 are Ice Lakes.

>so a PCIe 4.0 capable CPU might be able to run PCIe 3.0
That's a sure thing for both Intel and AMD; you've always been able to stick a PCIe 2.0 card in a PCIe 3.0 capable slot with no issues.

If you'd want to buy a CPU that does PCIe 4.0 for a board that can't is another question, you're probably better off just buying a new motherboard.

>DDR5
The jews are still raking big monies over ddr4 why stop selling those things?

AMD isn't competing in that market, and it's free money for AMD.

Yeah, fuck baidu and microsoft - who the fuck are they? Nobodies, thats who.

SHIT

>If you'd want to buy a CPU that does PCIe 4.0 for a board that can't is another question, you're probably better off just buying a new motherboard.

Why, having PCIe 4.0 is not so important. Won't probably improve GPU performance much, and who needs over 4 GB/s bw from SSD.

And being able to stick new faster CPU into an older PC lets you save a lot of money, plus no need to reinstall/migrate your OS install. That's a great thing.

im not defending intel here because their chipset a year keeps goyim in fear policy sucks too, but why would you want to keep the same boards for multiple generations of CPUs? you rarely replace the CPU nowadays unless you are some benchmark whore. RAM and other shit is moving on and theres no point being stuck on old board.

Starlight Combo Breaker!

psssh nothing persenel kid it was only business

In 29 days

For starters, keeping the same socket means that if your motherboard breaks 5 years from now you'll still be able to find a new replacement without having to replace the CPU as well.

Considering Intel's immediate and rushed reaction to Ryzen, I really doubt they'll let a Ryzen refresh sit on the market unchallenged for over a year, but we'll see.

good point

What can they do against it?
The only limitation for Zen is node, and it's about to go away.

Release 8C mainstream CPUs, as previously stated.

So, still pricey, a mobo a year, jizz and 16 lanes?
Meh.

They could do something like i7-8720K. Not sure they can push the clocks higher though, they already push TDP and bin aggressively. They could make some +100-200MHz low-volume press-edition for the reviews, maybe.

I don't get it, what point are you trying to make? Intel most definitely won't try to compete because you don't like their CPUs? Surely you cannot be so naive to believe nobody would buy Intel CPUs, you know full well they'll get a good chunk of sales out of OEM shit, fanboyism, misinformed purchasing decisions and mindshare anyway. If AMD doesn't universally surpass them in gaming, they'll get a chunk of sales from there as well.

Mainstream Ryzen is 16 lane too, I'm not too sure that will change while they're still on AM4 either.

>Mainstream Ryzen is 16 lane too
It's 20+4 though.

That looks so fucking lazy, fuck CG

You mean 16 + 4 + 4, you ain't getting more than 16 lanes from the CPU to the actual PCIe slots.

And some SATA and USB 3.0 ports also go straight out of the processor, so they don't steal bandwidth from the pice 3.0 ×4 that both Intel and AMD use to connect the southbridge with other conectivity. For Intel, there is awfull lot of contention there, the AMD platform is way better in that.

You need to watch it in HD. I got to say that I like the TV version of the first season, though. better overall atmosphere.

I wonder if that can happen. Octocore Coffee Lake is mostly speculation and I doubt it exists. Ice Lake yeah, but that is H1 2019.

Only poorfags upgrade every 5 years

People trying to make people embarrassed of not having enough money are always shills for the companies that try to rip you off.

Shoo, shitter.

You could use Phenom II's on Socket AM2+, they were just limited to DDR2. It would likely be the same, I think Zen2 will be split between two different chipset, AM4 and AM4+.

You don't necessarily need to switch socket to add PCIE 4.0, see X79 and Z67/Z77 platform on Intel.

But then mobo vendors tried to add PCI-e 3.0 to AM3+ and never got it working, FX was stuck with 2.0 forever. I wouldn't bet on PCI-e forward compatibility.

With coffee lake not going to work with the ice lake socket the master jew is straight up fucking consumers and Sup Forums gobbles it down asking for more. The Intel damage control is explicitly ignoring that AM4 will be supported for years whereas Z390 is turbo dead.

>But then mobo vendors tried to add PCI-e 3.0 to AM3+ and never got it working, FX was stuck with 2.0 forever.
Uh, that is not what happened.
AMD just never released a chipset that would feature PCI Express 3.0, that was not motherboards makers thing to "try to implement". PCIe controller was in northrbidge on teh AM3+ chipsets, which in turn was connected to CPU by HyperTransport bus.
And AMD didn't do it because the interim managers in 2011-2012 gutted the desktop platform roadmap. Originally FX succesors were supposed to have more cores and go into FM2/FM2+ socket.

what if they still use am4 when you want to eventually upgrade though you could put the money you would spend on a new mobo towards your cpu or gpu

>Shill faggot tripfag appears
FUCK OFF ALREADY

>you could put the money you would spend on a new mobo towards your cpu or gpu

It's a shill, shills don't care about that, they just want you to threw your money at their employer/fav company.

And this is why I bought an overkill motherboard. My Asus Crosshair VI will be one of the first motherboards to get any required BIOS flashed for the new chips. I'll probably be skipping Ryzen 2 though. Just wait for Ryzen 3 and those sweet sweet 4.5+GHz clocks.

Once Ryzen is capable of clearing the 4.4ghz barrier, Intel has no options left. Literally their only strength as it stands right now is the ability to turn the wick way up on clock speed. At the cost of thermals, power consumption, and insane cooling requirements of course.

>>Worse single core performance

>gaymur

>IPC
>not IPS

get it fucking right you reviewer watching faggot