When the fuck are they going to fix the piece of crap that is High Sierra?

When the fuck are they going to fix the piece of crap that is High Sierra?
Glaring security issues put aside, it's slow and buggy as shit, both on hackintosh and Macs.
How long can it take to make an operating system usable? This is ridiculous.
Macfags who fell for the free update, did you downgrade to Sierra?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/mscorp/execmail/2002/07-18twc.mspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the problem? Just stick to Sierra until you hear High Sierra is fine.
High Sierra will probably never be as good as Sierra is right now, might have to stick to Sierra until a whole new release.

Sierra support will be fine for a few years.

You must be new to macOShit

>Just stick to Sierra
I'd downgrade but it's tedious as fuck.

So sad. The only real advantage of fagple is that just werks, but the last months of updates have been Microsoft level.

Yeah, how do you even fuck up this bad? The most glaring flaws are that Finder is laggy and doesn't work properly and battery usage is extremely inefficient — a 2015 MBA lasts 6 hours instead of 12
I'm used to Linux and I've only been using macOS for a year, so I thought it was somewhat normal for updates to be shit at first, but apparently not.
Will Apple get their shit together and progressively make HS good, or have they completely shifted their focus to iOS now?

Stop overreacting, it was the same thing with el capitan and it turned out well
They'll fix the issues you just have to wait

It's undeniable that there's been a drop in quality though. They would've never pulled that shit when Jobs was in charge.

How long did it take for El Capitan? I don't remember that

I run El Capitan on my 5K iMac to try and avoid all this shit.

never, he just never encoutered any issues himself.

Just update to high sierra, oh wait, high sierra doesn't work, better downgrade to el capitan, oh wait el capitan doesn't work better upgrade to high sierra, oh wait, high sierra doesn't work, better downgrade to el capitan, oh wait el capitan doesn't work better upgrade to high sierra, oh wait, high sierra doesn't work, better downgrade to el capitan, oh wait el capitan doesn't work better upgrade to high sierra, oh wait, high sierra doesn't work, better downgrade to el capitan, oh wait el capitan doesn't work better upgrade to high sierra

NEVER update to the latest version, the second latest version is always the most stable on macOS. Downgrade to Sierra master race and learn your lesson, OP.

Why do you care? just install a Linux distro instead of using Apple hardware, remember that Apple doesn't care anymore about the desktop market.

Or stick to regular Sierra.

>Downgrade to Sierra
Too much of a hassle.
Eventually HS will become decent, hopefully.

High sierra is noticeably more buggy than sierra, though

Why did you even upgrade?

I mean, are there seriously people on Sup Forums who upgrade before their hear feedback from others?
Why would you be so dumb?

I can't speak for him, but I updated because I needed to reinstall anyways.
Imagine having 2019, the last year of official support for Windows 7, fucking up a Windows 7 install and then reinstalling Windows 7. It would be retarded to do so. Rather install 10 or 8.1 then.

Hence the upgrade.

Sierra is an unfinished piece of shit with bugs. HS is a finished piece of shit with bugs.

Sierra worked fine.
Why does Apple make downgrading so painful? It should be easier.

Sierra is stable as it gets really.

works fine on my machine

Except it doesn't, you don't have metal 2 with that intel gayphics 3000.

Stop lying to yourself.

Did sierra start off shitty and get stable over time?

it doesn't switch to the dedicated gpu unless it needs to, i don't get what you are trying to say.

Sierra is far more stable and has far more less bugs than High Sierra.
High Sierra is just horrible next to Sierra.

Sierra is the best release in the past five years.

Indeed. I didn't upgrade to Sierra until 10.12.2 came out. Beforehand it wasn't just that good.

However the previous versions weren't as painful as current High Sierra. I'm hoping that at least by 10.13.3 it's at least something that doesn't make you worry much. El Capitan was really stable too.

I could easily gain root access when you go into the toilet in Starbucks.
Sure "works" faggot.

You're lucky then in that regard.

Have any LaunchAgents installed? (Steam and VirtualBox are examples that come with LA).
They never run, because High Sierra is bugged in that regard.
You're fucked as well, lad. Stop lying to yourself.

but i changed the password to the root account already via terminal.

>El Capitan was really stable too.
El Cap was a buggy mess lacking shitloads of features and many of them broken.
They had a hard time to even get POSIX compatibility certificate for it because the underlying system was so broken.

No one really develops with downgrading in mind. Not Apple, not Microsoft, nor anyone else.

Could you cite any in particular?

this only accounts for su access and not preference pane access
trust me, I've tried it

both of those programs run when i want them to, i don't see the problem

no it doesn't, it changes the password and renders that dumb bug unusable.

True, they work for me as well. Now logout and log into another user. More than a handful processes from the other account will not have been quit, that's a thing these LaunchAgents should handle.

Shit like this has a long tail with unknown follow up results in UNIX environments (root is also a user, notice how root user suddenly had the permission to change everything due to the security breach this week)

HS a shit and I've got to use it. Feels bad man.

DVD RAM, AU Lab, Terminal

>notice how root user suddenly had the permission to change everything due to the security breach this week

thats kind of the entire fucking point of that account...

hurr durr

>notice how they patched that in less than 24 hours
hurr durr

What's the problem though?
You just upgraded too early. In 6 months/a year it'll be good.

Just send this to your superiors @Apple - microsoft.com/mscorp/execmail/2002/07-18twc.mspx

As well as Sierra? No change in battery life? No bugs, even small ones?

I have the newest 2017 MBP with the best available processor so I've not had a single issue.

>best available processor
That's not really relevant

Why are you playing login roulette on a Dev machine?

That's just how things work, over here.

Holy fuck why are you macfags so goddamn retarded

The first year of each release is an open beta. This has ALWAYS been the case after Snow Leopard, and Apple has VERY EXPLICITELY said this many, many times.

If you don't want broken-ass software, don't fucking upgrade. How fucking stupid are you

> Trustworthy Computing
> Published: July 18, 2002
> By Bill Gates
I wouldn't trust anything pushed by Bill from 90s to 00s.

Naw man, its all about snow leopard. Apple just went downhill after that.

>The first year of each release is an open beta
citation needed
things have never been as broken as they are with high sierra anyway

This. I've never had as many bugs/issues with any macOS release since Panther (10.3). As well as features from older versions being removed or just hidden (Bonjour messaging in Messages.app as example). I've sent so many feedback requests, and never gotten a response since High Sierra. I really hope they'll get a grasp back on what Mac stood for the last decade or I'm afraid they'll lose a lot of their customers.

I regret the upgrade, HS is a piece of shit, but I don't think I can downgrade without a lot of hassle because of the APFS conversion.

Is Metal 2 why I'm getting all kinds of shitty artifacts when things resize / scroll?

t. Iris graphics

You wouldn't trust anything posted by anyone that doesn't inherently agree with your worldview.

Apple shit in general. Look at iOS.

Is El Capitan the next Snow Leopard?

>they'll get a grasp
How unlikely is that?

>owning macshit

lmao

>muh chinkpad

Ever since the announcement of the iMac Pro, Tim Cook answered an email about a long time Mac user telling him how the Mac situation comes over to the genral customers, and Tim Cook said something like they'll try to better themselves. But now we've seen these huge software issues for the last couple of months, so I have no idea.

>Tim Cook answers customer e-mails
How rare is that

The company's been going south ever since jobs died anyway, they're making the mistake of focusing too much on iOS and they're going to regret it when all professionals who used macs because of the just werks aspect switch to something else