It's 2020. Windows 7 support is ending in a few days. Your only choices are to move to Linux, move to Mac OS X...

It's 2020. Windows 7 support is ending in a few days. Your only choices are to move to Linux, move to Mac OS X, downgrade to Windows 10, or survive the virus wave. There's only one reasonable choice.

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/738225/
blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/01/04/windows-10-now-active-on-over-200-million-devices/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Move to Windows 8.1

8.1 is the least shitty and most consistent option from 7

This, or Linux.

Keep using Windows 7 since it's actually supported until October 2021, and probably will be extended past that.

I already moved to macOS.

This. No idea why people keep ignoring it exists. Downgraded from 10 to 8.1 and never looked back.

Linux already works fine, so I'm sure it'll be even better in another 2 years. Maybe by then there will even be an ARM computer I can buy that's better than a Raspberry Pi.

That being said I already use Windows 10 and think it's fine. The kernel improvements and stability are better than Windows 7. There are atrocious privacy concerns complaints, well, that's Windows for you. Windows 7 is just as bad and a huge amount of the threat comes from IME at the hardware level anyway.

jesus fucking christ, so many fucking third party antivirus and you only catch anything if you run files such as hotboob.jpg.exe
stop with the memes
also, if you don't have updates disabled in 2017,enjoy your botnet

Wait a minute, i've been using BSD for the past 20 years

>third party antivirus
>implying those do anything
Also just look at what happened to Windows 2000 and XP. Just having them connected to the internet after a fresh install is enough to get them infected. Downloading crap isn't even needed.

>use W7
>download ESET for $29.99 on Christmas

Literally bulletproof for a few more years, or at the last resort go up to 8.1.
Never going to join W10/Linux-shit

There is literally nothing wrong with W10

>survive the virus wave
kek
still using the xp since 15 years without a problem

Stay on Linux

Windows 10 LTSB, it's like W7 with W10's interface that only receives security updates. I'm willing to switch to macOS if Microsoft somehow fucks up LTSB by then.

Windows 8.1 will still have support for a while, and it's a perfectly cromulent operating system.

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

While I did the same, the same it only delays
the inevitable.

The same could be said for Windows 10, or any other OS that comes out in the meantime. Even GNU plus Linux distros need updating and have shitty interfaces now.

I moved to Fedora. I'm now only using 7 for VN.

Even though I never said that W10 was an option, it's probably going to be supported.
And the interface of distroes is far more customizable than Windows.

>There are people on Sup Forums right now who actively advocate to switching to Windows 8.1
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

>there are people on Sup Forums using Windows
Truly the scum of the board.

No, what the fuck is wrong with you? Have you even used it? Add classic shell and it's every bit as good as windows 7.

>7
>good
Ha.

Move to Ubuntu/Keep 8.1

I used it Windows 8.1 for a year and it would fuck up every time an update installed and I'd have to restore from a backup.

Sounds like layer 8 issue to me.

this right here wins the thread.

>using a gaming OS as a main OS
>using a server OS as a main OS
>not using macOS

Come on you poor useless fucks. Hackintosh at least. It'll probably be more stable than your Linux distro.

>you
>not a poo
Ha.

captcha: pernici internet

Don't poos love Wangblows?

Just SpyBotNet10™©®

>using a toy OS as a main OS

yeah, nah

You think 7 doesn't do the same shit as 10?

I know it doesn't. You sound like you have some point to make, even though it'll be lost on me anyway.

What is blueborne
What is KRACK

Get an ARM chromebook. Their Mali GPU driver is getting opened up soon and the only thing stopping it from happening is one faggot in management.
lwn.net/Articles/738225/

Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

or simply knowing what you plan to say is a bunch of bullshit, I suppose.

Windows 10 already forced me to move to Linux, Visual Studio and muh games are the only reason to boot into Windows which almost never happens.

This. This is the most valuable post in this shit thread. LTSB with Classic Shell and telemetry disabled via powershell. "Problem(s)" solved.

>Windows 7 is just as bad
Dumbass

So you haven't updated your OS since 2016 and you use a fake product key?

if by fake you mean reused from OEM machines then yes.

Then no. Enjoy your botnet.

Telemetry

>>not using macOS
Get out, shill

I sure will.

I used 8.1 for as long as I could until I got a HTC Vive which had issues with 8.1 and forced me to upgrade.

you forgot it also includes large amounts of the microsoft spyware

> Telemetry
You know that Telemetry does more good than harm, right? It's actually more of a tool. Besides, the telemetry is only a small part of the whole system.

But knowing private-obsessed people right will they complain about everything that concern privacy no matter the purpose and result.

I don't get why you guys hate Windows 10.
Flat out just don't get it.

Joke's on you, I ditched Windows shortly before Windows 10 came out with very little regret.

blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/01/04/windows-10-now-active-on-over-200-million-devices/

yes goy, its important you let us know what applications you run, what pictures you view, and what pages you browse, its a "tool" to 'improve service'

My Intel CPU is backdoored, Intel ME is constantly running and all versions of Windows are botnet, my computing experience is already full of spyware.

Wrong? Perhaps not.
Good? not really.

Windows 10 is really lacking, Windows has always been very lacking. In terms of customization and features, it really does a very simple-minded job. Perfect for end-users I guess.
The only way for me to use W10 is to tweak it to death with all kind of software. Default Windows is so painful. Doesn't even have an alt drag/alt resize function, I don't know how people survive without these important functions. Wow.

Prove Windows 10 gleans more information than 7.

except you can go to your router and not watch Windows 7 send mysterious packets to microsoft owned IPs, or you can watch Win10 send thousands daily even with all privacy 'options' turned on

The only reason to use MacOS is if you want a fashion accessory.

Only fools get infected anymore. I'll stick with 7 long after 2020. I'll download the last security rollup to keep if I ever have to do a clean install (which since I installed 7 in 2010 I've never had to do). I run as standard user, disable the UAC shit. I never need admin access to do my daily shit. I don't open strange e-mail with attachments (gmail does a damn good job of filtering those anyway). A/V software will be good for a long time to come so I'll be ok long after 2020.

"I'll do nothing because the ME makes it all pointless" is a bit like saying "I won't bother exercising or wearing a seatbelt because someone might come by tomorrow and shoot me and I die anyway, its pointless"

>gmail
enjoy your botnet

Telemetry is meant to shove ads in your fucking face or to have that data sold to people who will shove ads in your face.

windows 10

>survive the virus wave.
I have common sense though

Why is it 2020 and microshit still hasn't released a new OS to replace their 5 year old POS? Why is rebelling and forcing microshit to continue win7 support/making it open source not an option?

>muh hackintosh more stable then linux distro
A masochist and a brainlet in one.

Move to Linux. By then I'll have a job and won't need to play games anymore. If I do I'll just get a console.

Sup Forums, don't turn every thread on a bait thread.

No, you haven't.

but i do

>Windows 10 LTSB
The evaluation period only lasts for 90 days, then you'll have to pay for it
>(unless I'm wrong and there's a way to get it for free please save me from basic W10)

Buy it from a reseller. A legit key costs no more than $50.

user, YOU ARE FUCKING SAYING ONLY CATCH A VIRUS BY RUN IT!

But I am disabling scripts and I don't visit shady websites and I don't use my desktop in public.

I'll only switch from 7 to 10 when I start getting errors when installing stuff, which will be long after 2020.

lol

>does more good
Any software that relies on telemetry to operate is garbage. Windows is garbage. Telemetry makes you a free beta tester.

Friend tells me the c201 is pretty good.

:^)

If you download it from microshit that is. I've been using LTSB 2016 activated with MS Toolkit since it came out.

>paying for windows
i'd rather use macos if i had to pay for windows

baka just use kmspico

I've used Linux on my main system for years but I recently got into trading so have to have a Windows VM to run their shitty software and so I have a VM running Windows 10 LTSB N.

>not using BSD