Tfw its actually insanely fast

>tfw its actually insanely fast

Switched to this motherfucker today, first time using firefox in like 2 years and holy fucking shit its fast and for now non buggy (except that when i save my images i don't see the file type for some reason). Whats your opinion on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.palemoon.org/extensions/
medium.com/@jonathansampson/testing-chrome-extensions-in-brave-8e25d1f7386d
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I jumped to Waterfox and couldn't be happier. Half of my extensions didn't work and the devs said they don't have the APIs to update them. I'd rather have my browser how I want it in exchange for .3ms of increased load time.
Fucking thing sucks.

moved from chrome to quantum was surprised that i could actually have tabs open without slow down, on chrome i could have max about 125 tabs and it would slow to a crawl firefox can handle 65 + tabs no problem. Only issues i have is tamper monkey scripts slowing down loading times really badly occasionally but i assume that will be fixed with updates

firefox has supported multi-process for ages but they didn't enable it by deafault because it broke some (almost none) xul addons.

Sup Forums of course was too brainlet to know how to enable multiprocess and though it was slow.

>he fell for the (((tampermonkey))) meme
Violentmonkey is /our monkey/

It's okay but why are the fonts so fucking ugly? Sup Forums is much harder to read than on Chrome.

is it better i heard loads of people having trouble with Sup Forums x on violent monkey. can i export my oneechan setup somehow and use it if i swap over

I don't know I always preferred Firefox font rendering over Chrome font rendering but I guess it's mostly personal preference.

Been working fine for me and I've used it for months. To my knowledge it was just one of the recent updates that broke Sup Forums X (and maybe other scripts) but it was fixed within an hour or something.

pic related. top is firefox.

Am I doing something wrong or does it always look like this?

You can change it, but to be honest the ram usage from firefox is still too high for me hopefully it doesn't bother you

>type shit into address bar and hit Enter
>nothing happens like 20% of the time

Fuck's sake. I can't figure out what might be the problem. Anyone ever experience something like this?

You can change the fonts to whatever you want.
Preferences > General > Fonts > Advanced.

Change process count to 1

I like it

Oh and about the export I don't think so... Violentmonkey does have an import settings option but I only think that works for its own exports. What I did when I moved from Greasemonkey (non-webext) to Violentmonkey (webext) was just open the settings, screenshot and then apply the same settings.

Idiotic

*to 2

>change it to 1
>firefox still keeps 4 active processes
Broken

There are 8 when its set to 4

the update is good, but it uses 2x the ram chrome does

Lower the process count genius

Did anyone have problems with youtube on firefox quantum? The video would stutter while the audio continued seemlessly

Works fine here. I also dont usually use my browser to watch videos. I stream with mpv.
But try changing the hardware acceleration option in settings.

It's always 4 for me

With how many tabs?

When are they going to fix the favicon bug?

firefox is shit

I tried moving to Quantum, have been a chrome user for the better part of the past 4 years.

Not that I do not like chrome, I love its developer tools, memory profiling, heap dumps for nodejs.

But it does use a lot of memory.

My only issue with Quantum is that I use Windows 10 LTSB N and FF requires "Media Features" pack to be installed.

Without them I apparently cannot view videos on sites like liveleak and a lot of other places.

don't post like this

excuse me?

Anywhere between 4 and 6. Even if processCount is on 1. Haven't tested with more than that.

fuck off

Did something tickle your autism?

So did Waterfox jump to 57 or are they going to stick with 56 and keep all extensions?

They're still on 56. They'll get to 57 soon but will try to keep legacy extension support.

He's talking about your reddit spacing. Don't mind it

Oh, right.

What happened to greesemonkey? Any reason people stopped recommending it

Probably because it wasnt available for firefox 57+ for over half a year so people needed to find an alternative.

Chrome has gotten shit on by everyone for using so much memory that the devs actually work on it. Quantum and all other browsers (except edge from very brief testing) eat ram up like no tomorrow because no one cares.

Shit sucks.

My addonbar (which used to be a status bar for the last several decades) has disappeared, again.

Google Translate slows everything down for some reason, like the browser hangs if my translate tab is active.

TMP is not working obviously.

Only just got the new noscript worked out.

Proxy switcher doesn't work (essential where I live).

I'd like to move the tabs back below the address bar too, not sure that's even possible anymore.

been running beta for a few weeks, feels good to have a browser that feels as fast (or faster) than chrome without that godawful fucking unchangeable chrome UI (download bar popping up at the bottom every time I save an image makes me want to curb stomp babies)

Might be nice if it didn't use 130% of my cpu time.

>I jumped to Waterfox
me too, and some of my addons broke anyway

reddit the post

Butthurt the post

>can't set a local homepage as new tab
dropped

Firefox feels faster at startup and then everything becomes slow as molasses. RAM and CPU usage up the ass. And now the majority of addons don't even work due to no API (addon devs gets blamed even though it's Mozilla's fuckup). Being "fast" is only as good as being "useful". And right now, Firefox isn't really all that different from Chrome to the average user. Why use SlowerChrome when you can just use Chrome?

>firefox

Because privacy

much better processing now but they'll find some way to fuck it up in the next version
haven't suffered mem leaks yet either so they did something right for once

Firefox doesn't offer any privacy anymore (telemetry) and isn't customizable enough anymore to warrant using it.

If you liked firefox at any point I'd reccomend pic related, it's been faster/less hungry than FF for a long time and updates more than WF.

> addons.palemoon.org/extensions/
> ctrl+f 'umatrix'
> Phrase not found
> ctrl+f 'vimfx'
> Phrase not found

Are you even trying ?

is it any good if I am a ramlet though?

>look at the comments
>everyone telling mozilla to fuck off
that's kind of nice

>telemetry means no privacy
No. Also it can be fully disabled.

New noscript design sucks

Mouse gesture addons are permanently dead.

You will never have a mouse gesture extension that works seamlessly. And devs have had a decade to add them natively, and have not.

Now there's no reason (botnet aside) not to just use chrome.

>insanely fast
Not quite, but it is noticeably faster than previous versions of Firefox.

It's actually compatible with FF addons.
In fact, many that no longer work with FF work with PM.
They have alternatives as well.

Why support a browser that does this by default anyway?

I've had this bug happen 100% of the time in [spoiler]Vivaldi[/spoiler] since last update, it might be a chromium bug

I like Firefox more than Chrome now but my downloads always fail so I can't use it.

stripped of addons, still slower than chrome

Because people who care about privacy are willing to spend 5-10 minutes configuring Firefox. Others should be used with telemetry on max.

who the fuck uses these faggot extensions
"gestures" hahahaha

Firefox quantum is definitely better for streaming video than Chrome/Chromium, and thankfully Firefox Sync remembers my accounts so I don't have to log into everything separately every single time I get on a different browser.
But Chrome is still better for most things, supports more of the addons I use, so it's still my daily driver.
But hey, at least now with Quantum Firefox actually has a concrete purpose for being on my computer. So it's definitely a massive improvement. Too bad about the compatibility though. But Chrome is not the uncontested first place anymore, imo. Even Edge is getting decent, despite the lack of basic features like right clicking on the navigation arrows to bring up that tab's history.

How do I fix this abomination?

Keep in mind they rewrote it from scratch in Rust. A language they specifically wrote to rebuild Firefox in. This is the literal definition of reinventing the wheel. Now, imagine how much better it could have been if their devs weren't blue haired SJW retards that need their own in house training wheels language.

>1 tab == 1GB memory
Furycucks btfo xD

Somebody on Sup Forums ironically told me to use Brave. I just tried it out. I unironically like it. You can also get Chrome extensions to work on it (although, in a roundabout way).

medium.com/@jonathansampson/testing-chrome-extensions-in-brave-8e25d1f7386d

I need a style extension that works, anyone?

>You can change it
How? I want the old font rendering back

At least they are not pushing the over 9000 gender crap.
And google is even worse

I switched to it from Chromium too, it's been a few weeks now. It's pretty good, I don't bother benchmarking browsers but it most definitely doesn't seem any slower in normal use. It also seems to use less system RAM with the same tabs open, but what I actually noticed is that after long sessions the VRAM usage tends to bloat up quite a bit. After using FF 57 for a day I've seen VRAM usage hang around over the 3GB mark, which is quite extreme for a browser IMO, considering how it went down to like 800MB when I closed it.

I'm not sure if it's an actual VRAM memory leak in whatever hardware acceleration it uses or if it's simply not aggressive enough in freeing up memory from older tabs and is just keeping it cached for a longer period of time. I haven't looked into about:config settings, perhaps this is something tunable. It's not really a problem for me currently, but I can see how it might get annoying if one has to always bother to close the browser when running a game, especially when using multiple monitors.

Woah what do you need all that for unless... is your marketing firm hiring shills?

what the fuck are you talking about nigger

They didn't finish servo yet.

>all of my add-ons are fucked up but muh speedz
i-i'll take it

I swear you fucks are suffering from placebo. I've been using Firefox for the past decade and frankly it was never as slow as people memed. Good on Mozilla for turning that image around with some good marketing though.

The people complaining had a shit ton of useless addons that brought their browsers to a crawl. Or its the autists who need a benchmark with numbers to tell them there is a speed difference when real world usage is negligible.
I never had issues with speed either, but quantum is noticeably more responsive.

>try quantum
>set process limit to 1
>4 processes anyway
>750mb for 2 tabs
>memevaldi does the same at around the same speed consuming only 500mb with the same addons and multiprocess enabled
I hope FF gets less ram hungry at some point.

Why do you need 125 tabs open?

Fucking neomarxist bullshit.

The speed is incredible, but that might also be due to my bloated chrome. Either way, the developer tools seem to be bugged. Objects are sometimes displayed as arrays, where arrays are sometimes displayed as objects.

There appears to be a bug... today, I was forced to install Chromium on Xubuntu, because my laptop suddenly shut down due to overheating. Firefox was open and now it refuses to open, crashes instantly. Reinstalling didn't help, so I suspect some of the packages needed got corrupted.

wtf

If I open 6 tabs in firefox this shit crash.
I don't know why but firefox is incredible shit here, there's a huge use of RAM.

Daily reminder that firefox is a meme browser

Theme?