Poettering locked and limited conversation to collaborators

poettering locked and limited conversation to collaborators

sauce?

>muh sysvinit
>muh minimalism

>>muh sysvinit
>"he doesn't like my thing so he must obviously be in favor of this ancient retarded thing"
Look up OpenRC, Runit, and GNU Shepherd.

By the way, this is the same thing he pulled with Pulseaudio, citing OSS as a reason for its creation, yet conveniently not bringing up ALSA, when OSS had been long-depreciated.

>wrappers over sysvinit
MUH SYSVINIT

Hairy Poetter added the NOTABUG label to this issue.
Hairy Poetter added the WONTFIX label to this issue.

Only OpenRC wraps around sysvinit. Also OpenRC has its own init binary now so you don't need to use sysvinit.

I really wish someone had just added some if the things pulseaudio adds to alsas dmix instead if us ending up with this mess.

what a fucking faggot

>wrappers over sysvinit
Only applies to OpenRC, and even then it only partly applies. OpenRC is a wrapper that can work with various inits in addition to sysv, such as the busybox init.

The others are blatantly not wrappers at all.

TYPICAL

also still waiting for sauce, OP

OP here
his github

The most hated man in the Linux community.
The man who killed Linux.
So many people are moving on to FreeBSD it's not even funny anymore. All my Linux partitions are systemd free and I'm preparing myself for FreeBSD as soon as they can support CUDA.

Isn't CUDA a Nvidia thing? I'm surprised that's not already included given Nvidia actually supports FreeBSD

I heard OpenBSD is the best one out of all the cuck-licensed OSes out there. Maybe give that a go if you're going that route.

*installs gentoo*

heh... nothin personnel... potty...

Great! I've been thinking about going systemd-free. Not sure what distro i'd go for though.
I'm debating between Gentoo, Funtoo (what's the difference between them?), GNU GuixSD (yes GNU has their own distro now), Void, or Alpine. I know I don't want Devuan or Artix.

Any advice?

don't go for void, it's shit i regret installing it. setup is easy but post-setup can be a huge pain in the ass. its like arch but you don't get as much choice

>its like arch
wrong: void doesn't have systemd

lol why does he pose for these gay as fuck photogrpahs?

Is there a problem with something being gay?

I gave it a shot in a VM once. It was really nice, and felt sturdy as fuck. Super fast, low RAM usage, and the usage was also very consistent. I didn't notice how much systemd had memory leaks until I tried Void.
However, I have been hearing from many anons that Void in the long run is not a good idea for various reasons, with stories like yours as well as complaints about other shit.
My experience was good, but maybe that's just because it was my first exposure to non-systemd distros.

So? sysvinit is a good init but bad service manager, which is the function that OpenRC takes over.
I guess I shoudn't expect actual awareness about Unix on Sup Forums

PCLinuxOS is systemd-free

Don't do that. When you do you make all gay guys seem like faggots.
Yours truly
A fellow gay

who?

bump!

another fellow gay here
I try not to be like that
I have my faggy moments though

Don't know much about that one.

So he doesn't have to put up with all the fuckwits.
Can't hardly blame him, really.

Shut the fuck up, Pottering.