Is this still the best email manager?

Is this still the best email manager?

Has Mozilla's cancerous shit reached it yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

davmail.sourceforge.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is this still the best email manager?
Yes.

>Has Mozilla's cancerous shit reached it yet?
Slowly but surely they're destructing the text mode.

Mutt is better imho.

just use your browser, not that hard

What is the reasoning behind using a monstrous program like Thunderbird or Outlook? Genuinely curious what that offers over just using a web client.

Claws?

>2GB of RAM for a mail client
Thunderbird is a fucking joke.

Why lie?
using 130MB with 5 big email accounts.

Offline access, plugins, and having all my email accounts in 1 place

I have my emails and RSS feeds all in one place, and I can set up pretty complex custom filtering rules for all of them.

I live inside Firefox and Thunderbird. All my messaging including IRC, XMPP, Steam, and SMS is routed to Thunderbird's IRC client with Bitlbee, JMP, and ZNC. Five email accounts. My Nextcloud calendars and contacts.

My only complaint is that it doesn't do Exchange. I have to open Evolution for my work email.

Thunderbird has the ability to handle asymmetric encryption (through plugins tho). A lot of web clients naturally don't because you'd have to upload your private key to their server to achieve the same functionality. Using the web client to send an email you encrypted locally would be functionally the same as with a mail client. Gmail is the worst offender on that front, they just expect you to just trust their encryption/ssl to manage privacy. If you try to set up Thunderbird, it freaks the fuck out about "less secure apps." /rant

>Why lie?
>using 130MB with 5 big email accounts.
Its not a lie if you make it up

The last time i tried it i couldn't export rss feeds. It was a deal breaker, even if i don't care much about rss anymore.

Thunderbird has split from mozilla so the chances of it being ruined by diversity hires is low.
Still can get ruined by everyone else though.

Alpine's nice and the configuration isn't too difficult, but if the one or two tutorials you find don't work there's absolutely no help on google.

>monstrous
Uses less resources for my two email accounts than two tabs of chrome. If you only have one email account, I agree it's pretty pointless.

>needs an addon for tray integration
>the only decent tray addon is outdated as fuck and buggy
>most addons dead and outdated
>still no decent alternative
Literally end my life.

They are moving the photon UI and Quantom components (stylo, webrender, Qengine, ect)

Tor uplift project too!

Does it save RSS entries for as long as you want? Preferably in a place where I can easily sync it with whatever cloud storage I want? Not sure if I want to bother getting Tiny RSS up or something and I hate having to make sure what I use actually saves things past 1 month so I can sprint through backlogs of things.

I'm also using 130 MB but I have only two accounts, a Gmail and Enterprise

it does exchange if you pay for Exquilla

Do you know if it works with O365?

I just found this, will try it some time: davmail.sourceforge.net/

Oh please. Of course not.

Are they still around, with all these open source clients and web crap?
It was the most powerful email client ever, when I relied on e-mail.

That depends on what you need email for.

Fails at HTML

Alive and well, beating thundercrap since forever

Thanks, you just made me remember why I don't use thunderbirb