Hooktube in free fall

hooktube has been sold. Soon it's gonna be shitty.

Other urls found in this thread:

mesh.gentoo.today/wiki/Preservation_of_Internet_content
deletionpedia.org/en/Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>soon

That's the owner it always had, faggot

>make free shit with no ads for years
>do everything the hard way to satisfy commie faggots
>one site becomes popular and expensive
>offer to sell fraction of screen direct to a small biz with to help cover cost
Top 10 Anime Betrayals

The fucker said that there are barely any server costs.

START NOW mesh.gentoo.today/wiki/Preservation_of_Internet_content

Why use Libbie on a failed Sup Forums project?

failed mascot for failed project
perfect fit

deletionpedia.org/en/Main_Page

Still no true country restriction bypass.

Don't worry is not the only mascot

has it failed already?

I have 8tb to spare and make bots all day. Generate some useful archive ideas, everything on there is normie stuff that will last forever.

good!

webcomics
romhacks
streams, especially non-twitch
bugmenot accounts
uncommon device drivers
midi files
bandcamp
CAD files thingiverse-type shit

I wouldnt count with youtube preserving all videos. They removed some fucking good AMVs for example, I regret the day when I didnt save those.

also any live music performance recordings that got swept out by the band's (((handlers))) and now don't exist anywhere

that's honestly your loss. youtube won't bite you, you know?

What compelled you to make this post?

I periodically scrape my favorites list on YouTube (every time I enjoy a video that’s funny or if it’s just neat I add it to favorites) to my server in a backup directory. Started once I noticed 10 or so videos a month on the list would be [Deleted Video] or “this video is private”, since I had a server already I figured why not. I have around 1000 videos so far.

Ever since stgggs’ account (gmod mygot prankster) got taken down a long time ago I’ve had the idea, but never really had a real reason to start archiving. I’m trying to get into it now, mostly just archiving everything that I used to enjoy as a teenager as long as the site is still up. For example I scraped the entirety of AlbinoBlackSheep’s flash videos and .tar’d it, and I also scraped most of the adult swim bumps from BumpWorthy.com dating all the way back to the very first one. You never know when that shits gonna get deleted.

I wouldn't mind hearing his explanation ("this site costs as much a six pack") but overall I don't care about ads like that as I block the entire sidebar.

I probably should check a list of videos to download I made. I notice a worrying increase in videos that I like being taken down. Also not sure why high quality music videos started to be replace some shitty versions by the music establishment in youtube.

That message has been there since the faq was written and now hooktube has as many as 60k unique visitors a day.

Likely it costs around $80/month.

how will youtubers make money if you're bypassing ads

They all have patreons, "swag," and corporate sponsorship nowadays

hooktube.com###video-list-prom
Was that so fucking hard?

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

He doesn't host any video or anything. It's Shrekchan tier. Could probably be put on free hosting.

Came here to post this. He even watches video suggestions? DDG + Hooktube Redirect + Helm Firefox on Emacs makes for levels of comfy beyond human comprehension.

You should have donated, goys

>nobody ever donated
really, not even one? i get donations on much more obscure software

I'd like to get into preservation of content too but my knowledge is limited. I used to use a firefox addon that would backup a page x links deep, but im unsure if it was a comprehensive backup.

Serious question: What's the point of this website?
Since there's no country restriction bypass anyway
I can just install an ad blocker if I don't like those
and if it's the player UI, I can use the "open with" addon + mpv

A similar thing happened to me with a drawing website. The domain expired and all the admins up and left. Wouldn't even respond to my DM's on the social media accounts they had. I was thinking about scraping it while it was alive, but always put it off. I spent a lot of my teenage years on that site, even made a lot of my own submissions. I seriously regret it now. That was part of my childhood; I grew up on that site. To see it go in such a pathetic way was so crushing.

the point is to enable people without a yt account to see any video (country, age restrictions etc)

I bet your target userbase isn't 99.9% Sup Forums

whats that?

>mygot
Damn that's a blast from the past. Used to have a competing clan on CS

I basically just researched wget’s switches and managed to filter out everything to a specific file extension, for example for the flash video backup I scraped all files with .swf or .mp4. Some pages require that you view the page before it can be accessed though or else it will return a 403, so your method is an alternative that should help with those situations.

Yeah that’s basically why I’m doing it now. Old independent websites are dying, and web hosting isn’t free, so they’ll just get deleted. I’d rather keep a backup of the files at least. If I had some more storage I’d just clone the entire website, though last time I tried that I couldn’t get it to work properly. The links wouldn’t redirect to local directories even with the wget “convert-links” switch.