Lightbulbs are technology

Lightbulbs are technology.

My fridge bulb blew and the only replacements i can find are 25watt. there is a sticker saying MAXIMUM 15 WATT

Will it be ok to use a 25 watt or will my house burn down?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Philips-416131-Appliance-15-Watt-Intermediate/dp/B0066KZLIO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512351044&sr=8-4&keywords=t7 bulb 15w
amazon.com/Bonlux-European-Equivalent-Refrigerator-Microwave/dp/B01ALFUTBS
aliexpress.com/item/Cost-price-led-candle-lamp-E14-5W-7W-9W-220V-spotlight-2835-warm-cool-white-led/32416011347.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

Yes its ok to use or Yes my house will burn down?

may run a tad warm but the fridge should fix that.

Most it will be on is 30 seconds every time you open the fridge. shouldnt be that bad

ya gonna die.

It's on only for seconds at a time and it's in a fucking frigde, so it would have a hard time overheating.
You'll be fine.

Used appliance tech here

Don't do it, larger bulbs can fuck with the thermostat in the fridge from the heat. It makes a difference in how your fridge runs.

Quit being a cheap ass and buy more bulbs, goyim.

I would buy them if i could find them.

Look up your fridge model number on

appliancepartspros(period)com

So just use an LED bulb instead. They are like what, 12 watt? You can find little cheapo plastic LED stick bulbs at home depot or wherever the fuck that fit in the mini sockets.

The light stays off when the fridge is closed

Also, isn't it usually a bimetal that lets in cold air from the freezer into the compartment below?

No. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. A bimetal and a thermostat are two different things. The fan blows air down below.

Just stop.

Yeah, you're right he doesn't know what he's talking about. There's no way that light turns off when I close the door.

I mean, can you prove it turns off?

If you open it, it's on. If you close it ???
What if it's still on. You'd never know.

The light bulb is right next to the mercury of the thermostat. Even having it open for 30 seconds will heat it up more than it needs to be and kill your compressor in a year from starting and stopping too much.

But what the fuck do I know? I've only worked on these things for five years. Have fun dropping $1500 on a fancy Jew French door next year!

mr jew fridge merchant please tell me what fridge is the best fridge thanks you are my greatest ally

>17 posts
>only 1 (one) person suggesting LEDs

Sup Forums - Technology.

Stay away from French doors

Away from Frigidaire, Samsung and LG

Whirlpools are probably the best anymore but these days everything is built to break so you'll go buy another fridge. Also maytag is a meme. Bought out by whirlpool.

Op here. mine is a westinghouse.

Had to replace my old westinghouse in 2007 because of a power surge.

If you have reputable used appliance shops around you I would go there for an upgrade.

Most fridges built anywhere from 2000-2007 will last you the longest and won't be an eye sore

>A bimetal and a thermostat are two different things

What do you think makes a thermostat work? It's a bimetallic strip, dummy.

My fridge is fine. bought it new in 2007 with a matching freezer.

and it looks great. i just need a bulb

>bi-metal
defrost thermostat

>thermostat
User cold control.

Now fuck off.

Mercury thermostats have been illegal in fridges for a few years my expert friend

Its not the red liquid shit you're thinking of

And it doesn't matter because they're still being manufactured every day

I'm referring to the law and the element mercury
What the hell are you talking about?

Get a really old fridge that uses bimetals and doesn't have a single microcontroller in it.

You'll often see modern fridges fail after 3 or 5 years of use because of a popped capacitor, not a single one of them will last as long as an 100% electromechanical refrigerator (which will usually run for 30, 40 years if not more), provided no one attempted to remove ice from the freezer with a knife and poked a hole in the evaporator coil.

Why stay away from french doors? How are they bad?

nobody here knows what in the fuck they are talking about.

The fucking state of Sup Forums. OP had to post a light bulb question

A light bulb question. Really? Go to diy with that shit or something. Google it. Get the fuck on op

Because having the coldest part on top is what makes sense and I'm right and you're not

How many Sup Forums users does it take to change a lightbulb

First,
Second,
>purposefully small condensers built to kill your compressor via overheating
>2-6 pcb/microcontrollers, plus 4-6 thermistors on the inside
>shit built coils. Leaks #1 problem
>dual coils instead of one coil and a fan
>just a waste of money

What? Are you mistaking me for a different poster?

12 seconds on amazon

amazon.com/Philips-416131-Appliance-15-Watt-Intermediate/dp/B0066KZLIO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512351044&sr=8-4&keywords=t7 bulb 15w

Interesting. Thank you.

yes

>quality control! They're all shit!
Not an argument

You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

Id tell you to do some research, but instead I'll just let you believe what you want and spend unnecessary money on needless shit like a good goy.

thanks but its the wrong shape and it needs to be 240v

Actually yes because then the fan doesn't have to work against convection

There are digital thermostats that use ptc/ntc thermistors or thermocouples to sense the temperature. The ones in fridges are garbage because they will fail for no reason (i.e: random capacitor popped due to being underrated) and you have to replace the entire board to get the fridge to work again.

Old thermostats use a bimetallic strip and they never fail. They were used for both cooling and defrosting.

>actually
You don't even know what I'm talking about wow

>purposefully small condensers built to kill your compressor via overheating

Compressors have a thermal fuse to shut them down before overheating, and they're cooled by water that drips down from the defrosting cycle. They can fail, but it's a very rare ocurrence.

amazon.com/Bonlux-European-Equivalent-Refrigerator-Microwave/dp/B01ALFUTBS

Thanks for telling me everything I already knew. Fuck off.

>cooled by water from the defrost cycle
Wrong.

>very rare occurrence
Wrong.

if you put a 6 watt 120v led bulb in, even at 240v it won't be over 25 watts

nigga watt

>Wrong.
Why do you think there's a reservoir on the top of the compressor? It's not just to keep the water from spilling on the floor.

>Wrong.
In 99 out of 100 "dead" fridges there will be a fully functional compressor, people just don't bother replacing the controllers or paying for someone to do it and replace the entire thing

This is the correct answer. I used a fridge LED in my old place for years and it was great
but forgot to take it with me when I moved.

My fridge takes a normal a19 bulb, but has that watt limit too.
I have an 800 lumen a19 led bulb in there now, the kind used in ceiling lights. the incandescent equivalent would be 60-75 watts, but since its led it uses about 8 watts. fridge is bright as fuck.

>12 watt
That would be like a 60-75w equivalent.

Just keep a flashlight in the fridge.

The resovoir on top is to evaporate the water, dipshit. Those things are dry 90% of the time.

Replace with LED.

You know the light turns off when you close the door, right, or are you still under 8 years old?

Does not

how can we know for sure?

I use a 3w LED bulb in my fridge, brighter than the 25w halogen.

You could put a camera in the fridge.

Liebherr makes the best fridges

buy led from aliexpress.

aliexpress.com/item/Cost-price-led-candle-lamp-E14-5W-7W-9W-220V-spotlight-2835-warm-cool-white-led/32416011347.html

godamn brainlets everywhere.
do you even fridge?
there's a button that the door press when shut.
push it with your fat fingers.

My dad said it's fine and he put it in. oh well, he can pay for any damage it causes.

this thread is pure, concentrated autism

>schrodinger's fridgelight

There are literally fridges that do not necessarily turn off the light when you close the door.
They have a refridgerator top and a freezer at the bottom but only one cooling aggregate.
If you crank the fridge up too hard, the top half of it becomes too cold (usually the cooling aggregate sits at the bottom where degrees below 0C are needed), so the light bulb is being turned on to heat the upper part of the cooling unit to prevent freezing of goods.

Does it really matter just turn the kitchen light on before opening the fridge until you can afford an appropriate bulb

or he could just open the fridge in daytime
or buy a small led light and attach inside

Look up the model number of a bulb (either on a bulb itself or inside the fridge or in manual). Search amazon, ebay and you will find it. I bough some retarded tier bulb for my kitchen extractor off amazon

why not replace the cap instead of buying a new board?