Do you think national European identities and cultures will disappear in favour of a single European identity and...

Do you think national European identities and cultures will disappear in favour of a single European identity and culture? I often ask this to myself,will the future be like this?

Probably not. It is hard to get rid of nations like that in mere decades. Even if people developed a common identity, regionalism would be the standard.

In 200 years if the EU still exists, maybe a little bit

these things do take time

single European identity = mass slavery

Homogenous identities don't even exist inside the countries, they won't share cultures across borders any time soon

I don't think so. Local cultures exists even inside one country.

EU is a good thing after all.

National identity maybe but regionalism is strong within that and won't disappear.

that won't be a reality the same way germany still has all those distinct cultures after years of HRE and prussia

Over my dead body.

In a way.
Think about how everybody these days eats a lot of the same food / watches similar things etc.
I think it's possible that a european identity develops, though I doubt that language will play a big role in it. It might basically be the same thing as it was end of the 19th century: You may have been a german / italian first but beeing a bavarian / neapolitan was a very close second.

We have been the same lazy shit for 600 years so no.

It will happen, else you'll be standing before the European Union Law Council.

I hope it will never happen, long live multiculturalism within Europe. Swedish, German, Czech, Latvian and other national languages and culures should be preserved at any cost.

I'm 24 with no job living with my parents so no

Isn't Russia the biggest example of that? I mean see how many languages and different ethnic groups live together in your country, why can't this be applied to the whole of Europe?

I'm not saying that I believe this will happen, but I don't think it's completely impossible.

Maybe if you can somehow violate laws of physics. As long as people aren't telepathically connected (and the internet doesn't come even close to this) they're going to develop local cultures.

It took centuries to russify tatars. And it is still not 100% finnished.

Russia is still >80% Russian. If you add Ukrainians and Belorussians, it's something like 85%.

Indigenous Siberian fisherman don't have that much of a culture to oppose the Russian civilization, and they don't have much of a reason to do so either.

Look at Russia. We have almost no local cultures. All of them were russified and no new ones appear. You just need time.

It's like half of these 80% are actually latent finns or turkiks.

in a hundred years or so the EU will just be the 'strange' anglosphere country

You can say many bad thinks about the EU but it is doing more to preserve local cultural heritage than many member states.

Through Islam we will be united mashallah kuffar wallah boom boom.

Russia's not european though, you can't apply what happens there to EU.

>national European identities and cultures will disappear in favour of a single European

they will dissapear because as more time passes even more people will just stop giving a shit about their ancestry or some traditions held by their backwater village mongoloid forefathers and its not going to be in favour of some united continent jew conspiracy boogeyman its basically going to become murica 2.0 where basically no one concerns themselves with shit like that