Alright Sup Forums, I want to recreate my online identity- emails, accounts, everything...

Alright Sup Forums, I want to recreate my online identity- emails, accounts, everything. Start completely over without any connection to my past. I have several ideas on how to do this, but I'm not as tech literate as you guys are. So maybe this can be a guide to other anons as well that want to disconnect while still having access to the power of the internet... it's your call.

First off, you need to make a game plan. What accounts do you want? What apps do you want? What do you NEED, what don't you need? Are you going to use a ubiquitous email account for everything or separate it? Will these email accounts be on the same service? What compromises do you make? What alternatives can you find?

This first step is the hardest part. Once you make a game plan, you can execute on it. So let's figure out a game plan.

step one: go through every one of your devices' internet history
step two: click "reset password"
step three: reset the password by hitting the keyboard in the url bar, then copying/pasting the result into the password fields
step four: wipe all drives, perform factory resets where possible

Then just make new accounts as you need them

okay but first can you dump the contents of your furaffinity account

1/?

2/?

3/?

4/?

5/?

6/?
Don't make me start dropping my favorite Hayley Williams pictures... deliver.

What specifically are you trying to leave behind?

Stop posting 3d you are just embarrassing yourself.

My main goal is to smoothly transition into a new digital life and I'm looking for help brainstorming. Maybe you guys have ideas on apps that don't invade your privacy, like an alternative to Google Maps or other Google products. You could do without a lot of things, you know? Some extra hardships in exchange for no more datamining. I made it so my browser doesn't keep any data on me and resets every time it closes so I feel perfectly comfortable using it even though I don't have bookmarks or saved logins... that kind of thing, but for an entire digital existence.
>

Some of these 3d are actually hot.

Of course they are, I have impeccable taste, to the point that I can remind you guys of the biological impulses you left long ago for body pillows. Now there's a task at hand that I am requesting assistance with and you have failed to deliver. What gives? What would you suggest I do to maintain functionality while preserving privacy in creating a new digital persona?

You can't hide anymore. It used to be possible.

ditch all old email addresses, social media etc.
ditch all old devices as they are tracked either by the cpu serial numbers or the mac address.
get new internet connection from different provider than the one you have.
download tails os and use that.
use duckduckgo for searches

Okay smug asshole.

Delete all the online accounts you can and remove as much stuff you've posted on the internet. If you were clever to begin with then this will be fairly easy. But, if you were the popular kid in school or just dumb then it will be next to impossible to remove anything that could be associated with you personally.

The best thing you could do RIGHT NOW is to stop using any non-critical online service, such as social media, email accounts, YouTube accounts.

Shut down as much as you can, stop being a mindless consumer, and wear a foil hat from now on so very little leaks into the aether. If you don't absolutely need it, then don't sign up, because it can be very hard to back out in some cases.

Well I could just turn off everything and never use another device again. Realistically I could just stick to an old flip phone and use public internet while covering my tracks with a VPN, the flip phone for which I could only be monitored realistically by cell phone tower triangulation, which assumes someone WANTS to find me, which isn't what I'm trying to escape at all.

You're not thinking too hard about this. Yeah sure I'd get picked up using my car because of street cameras, or by those cameras seeing my face or my walking stride and put that data into an algorithm to determine closely who I am and use other clues to actually determine it was me, but I'm not trying to avoid government detection or extremely persistent investigators. It just pains me every time I use Google Maps and allow permission to access different private systems on my devices because I know I'm being datamined every time I do- tonight I booted up Chromecast and it forced me to give it location access so it could "find my chromecast" even though it was broadcasting wifi, which tells me they just wanted to know where I installed my Chromecast. Then it asked which room I put it in so it could "name it" and wouldn't let me put in a personal name... I just want to feel secure in a semi-comfortable, private, routine with functionality that isn't secretly costing me my dignity. Is that really too hard to ask nowadays?

Yes. That is too much to ask. Even in your flipphone scenatio you're being datamined via your texts and whenever you connect to a cellphone tower. You CAN not use technology, but that life wouldn't be worth living. Best way to not have your life datamined is to not live.

Sorry, OP, but internet archives exist, so whelatever data you've already put out into the world will be stored and analyzed into eternity. I'm not sure to what extent, but it's probably safe to say they know where you live, what you look like, where you go often, what you like to eat, and what you buy. You could move towns and use TAILS forever, but at what cost? No social media, no smartphones that geotag your pictures and triangulate your location based on cell-tower signal strength, no subscription services that require your full name and address, no online shopping... it's a lot

>then it asked me which room i put it in so it could "name it" and wouldn't let me put in a personal name...
That's a good thing. What are you even saying? That's a feature. What is so bad about datamining your location on google maps anyway?

I can tell you guys gave up long ago. Maybe several years ago you shared the same sentiment that I did... but not anymore.

You could always install a new OS that respects your privacy and use encrypted communications apps that spoof your cell phone number or your real name, which would eliminate location tracking for Google and text datamining from your ISP. But you didn't recommend that because you didn't think of that? Or you just don't care about your privacy? When there's a will there's a way guys. What I'm asking is that if you have a will, maybe you can post a way in this thread and give someone who actually cares about their privacy some help... again I don't care about government intrusion or hackers, they will find me regardless of how much effort I put in. It's just the backseat tracking of everything that you do that I'm trying to decline by force.

Cmon. You guys can think of solutions. I'm coming up with some myself as you guys pose challenges, so at the very least you could just keep shooting down my ideas. We can WIN, and we can make a guide for other anons, a REAL guide instead of just being naysaying low-effort anons. You're Sup Forums for god's sake. I don't frequent this board. Several years ago there were anons all over this place posting about shit I had zero (0) clue about, even now I don't know. Where did the passion go?

Anons... what would you suggest for app stores?

>mfw i started managing every account i've had ever since i was ten.
feels good man

In fact now that I think about it, you could just spoof your identity for everything. Of course social media w/real life friends and family associated is out of the picture, but I gave up social media a long time ago. What's stopping you from just lying about your identity with all the things you use? Sure you could say bank accounts would get in the way, but really, you could buy gift cards with cash in person and use those on Amazon or Google or whatever and these places would never get your real identity... in terms of shipping addresses I'm not sure what to do though- that might be something you'd have to give up. This is on the extreme though, do I really care if Amazon or Google or whatever know my address? They wouldn't know it's me living there unless they did some footwork, which they're not going to do when they have millions of customers to deal with.

This is the kind of brainstorming I'm looking for anons.

I did too for most things- with a bit of work I can remember everything I've signed up for and recover them. But my issue is I've given companies access to personal info, and I'm wondering how to start completely fresh without being traced back to my old accounts and just get re-associated. I think identity spoofing is probably the best solution to all of my problems though, if you read the above.

>redditfag begins to be concerned about privacy, the post

>app stores

No

>Delete/disable every account you don't strictly need.
>Don't have cellphone service, it's over as soon as you do.
>Don't use Windows
>Set your DNS to something besides your ISP's
>Use a VPN
>Don't do illegal shit

is basically all you need to do to avoid 90% of spying, unless you're a target, in which case you should encrypt/not use computers/flee from US because you're fucked anyway.

As for software alternatives, use Firefox or any branch of it, install uBlock. Don't log into Firefox. Set it up to clear cookies, history and everything else every time you close, but set up password autosave so you don't have to retype your passwords everytime. Optional: get a self destructing cookies plugin that will remove cookies as soon as you close the tab. Also install Decentraleyes.

So in summary of what I currently have (because I suspect the thread is about to die)...
Step one: stop the leaks.
>make notes of what you want to keep using (recommended things listed in step two below)
>subscribe to a VPN service that respects your privacy... if you want you can pay them in BTC for extra privacy, but that's overkill imo. just find a good VPN provider
>turn off all location services..... if you want to be more hardcore, install OS's that respect your privacy on new devices so you don't get secretly tracked
>2 options: delete browser history and log out of everything (or delete accounts, doesn't matter, they are archived forever on the internet anyway) OR backup-then-wipe all of your devices (backup to a USB hard drive or something)
>install a browser that respects your privacy and tune the settings to your liking
>prepare anus... backup your data
Step two: new identity.
>use your privacy browser to create a fake identity generator to mint a new identity- you're too unreliable to come up with this shit on your own
>write it down and start memorizing it
>use fake identity to subscribe to a privacy-respecting email service (protonmail? idk)
>use fake identity to create the accounts on the services you use
Step three: compromises and hard work
>don't associate real bank account info with your new accounts... obviously
>buy gift cards for amazon or google or whatever you need, put credit onto your accounts using those cards
>use your actual shipping address... i don't know of a workaround for this, maybe it's time to create a service that feeds companies bad shipping info but ships the things where they need to go?

And there you go. Companies that want to track you are actually tracking someone that doesn't exist. You're safe, except from the government or people really dedicated to finding you... Welcome to your new digital life.

>how'd I do anons?

That’s a good summary. Using real shipping address isn’t the end of the world, especially if you checkout as a guest where possible.

Optionally get a PO box.