Sup Forums in the space

Could Sup Forums reach the space?
youtube.com/watch?v=LCpsi8GF4PY

youtube.com/watch?v=pyte5zOWA_w

The main issue is going to be, protecting the circuits against solar flares.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eSoqPMrfVLg
arstechnica.com/science/2017/01/japan-just-tried-to-launch-the-worlds-smallest-orbital-rocket/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockoon
youtube.com/watch?v=mrjpELy1xzc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe combine it with a weather balloon and set the rocket off when it is way up high.

Also you can buy pretty powerful hobby rockets. Lol don't use this junk.

To reach space you need to go really really fast. Not necessarily high. A balloon won't help shit.

Balloon then rockets as a second stage

youtube.com/watch?v=eSoqPMrfVLg

I get what you are on about but lifting your rocket to 30km will not safe a significant amount of fuel. Also the rocket you can lift with a weather balloon is tiny.

More balloons

Will not get your speed up, fa.m For space you need speed, altitude will come as a result of speed.

just put more balloons on it though

Have the rocket shit liquid oxygen once it hits the second stage

ITT: Idiots pretending to think space is up.

Pico satelites (Small handheld satellites) will re enter earths atmosphere in like 4 months, burning it self down to essentially dust, after being released into orbit. I think it would be awesome for Sup Forums but sorta unfeasible because it cost like 10 grand each one and lift off, and that would need to happen every 4 months.

10g's is nothing every 4 months. It doesn't need to be limited to one chan either. Perhaps a kind of patreon would help?

...haha..yeah smart guys like us know where space REALLY is...but uh..g-go ahead and fill these morons in for a laugh

Ever wondered why space organizations can't even be bothered by launching from a higher elevation? It's because a higher elevation doesn't contribute shit. Even if you launched from an altitude of 300km (already LEO) you'd still need a rocket almost as big as launching from sea level. The extra logistics offset your gains. Turns out the most convenient way to get your rocket up is to launch it on another rocket.

On the other hand, launching from a place already moving at some velocity in the same direction as your intended orbit DOES contribute to a smaller rocket. This is why all rockets are launched on latitudes close to the equator.

ok but what if you used more balloons

you could use more rockets tho

You'd be better off with more rockets.

Still talking about /4csp/

Looks like Sup Forums isn't going to space today.

>alien civilizations starts browsing Sup Forums
you want us all dead so badly ??

Height doesn't mean anything for rockets. Speed does.

I say its possible we just need to get some smart anons to do the tech work and a bit of funding from the dumber ones to make this happen. There would probably be a lot of nigger rigging involved so that would be kind of fun for both groups of anons.

Sup Forums will have better launch capabilities than the norks

Pic related is cuter and actually in space. With an SDR and a few other things, you can record it's transmissions.

we should let the kekistan flag in the moon.

Ponyfags already did this, step your game up.

It would be awesome to have a camera and a web server so when not neurality fags starts to screw internet we have a secured central point.

Thanks man, getting a good laugh out of this.

Use Faster balloons

But baloons can't fast.

Tape rockets to them

But there's already a rocket taped to them.

main problem would be get the lolis not to freeze in the cold space

Muslim balloons can.

Sounds like a good idea
I'll get started on the logo

Cool
I'll start working on the logo then

Chipsats when?

As far as i can see, reaching space with /g funding is almost impossible let alone maintaining an orbit.

arstechnica.com/science/2017/01/japan-just-tried-to-launch-the-worlds-smallest-orbital-rocket/

This article is about some japs that tried to do it and failed. It costed them 5 mill.

It's down you mongoloid niglet

Don't think you guys know what I'm saying though. If you put balloons on it it'll go higher and get into space eventually where it will stay because the air won't be thick enough to drag it down, that's why it's called drag

What would it cost to hitch a ride on someone else's rocket? Cubesats don't take up much room.

space is at the inverted direction of earth's gravity until the pull is Small Enoughâ„¢

Im down it must be streamed though.

There is not a chance in hell that you are going to make a rocket capable of going orbital. No amateur has ever managed to launch anything orbital

Pic related. The SS-520 is the smallest rocket that has ever been attempted to launch stuff into orbit. It didn't work though This is about what it takes to put a cubesat into orbit. Notice how it's still pretty goddamn big?
g's is nothing every 4 months.
no user, that would be very fucking expensive.

Wasn't there that one guy who spent like 10 years building a rocket in is backyard
No idea what came of it though (but one can suspect nothing yet, else it would have made the news)

>10g every 4 months
That's $2500 per month. That's a lot for one person, but there's people who make more than that drawing furry art on Pateron.
If we could make this ever so slightly wider in scope than "host Sup Forums", it would be easily achievable. I'd happily give $5/month for something like this, so would probably many other anons, then we just need a couple hundred normies to pad the numbers and we'd be set.
Of course there'd probably be additional costs (like, you know, actually building the thing, as well as the fundraising overhead, and stuff) but if we get some normies in, they're not going to stop at exactly the amount needed to reach $2500/mo, some surplus is likely.

And by normies I don't mean actual normalfags that will ruin everything, I mean people who would have a genuine interest in something like this but don't necessarily browse Sup Forums.

>No amateur has ever managed to launch anything orbital
Elon Musk.

>> $2500 per month
that's just the cost of the satellite. It costs more to get it into space and can be difficult to actually get space on a rocket over cubesats actually doing something interesting.

he ain't an amateur and we don't have an Elon Musk level of funding.

>He doesn't want the fucc a qt3.14 alien breathing hole

If we were serious this would be the way. Itll get cheaper in the future also. We should aim to get some kind of chan access in space and have it connect to communities of Chan servers on the ground. Easy to maintain servers on the ground and connection via free satellite internet just for the servers.

There is latency but we talking about image board posts not games so that will be easily accepted.

This guy gets it.
>tfw no xeno gf to fugg into submission

Lol cash is cash and we can lie.

Not a single fucking balloon. When will they learn?

No balloon launched rocket has ever gotten into orbit.

yet

>the brightest minds of Sup Forums, /diy, /o/ and /sci/ come together
>gather all materials and spend months designing and building it
>finally have complete rocket and get ready for launch
>feds come and ass fuck you and take it away
>Sup Forums doesn't get to go to space

hahahahahahhahahha! LMAO! Thanks for that user! That was the best laugh I've had in a good while. Enjoy this cute anime girl pic. XD

would that even be legal?

>Sup Forums completes a rocket and a satellite
>launches it
>gets shut down mid-flight by military for airspace violation

>>the brightest minds of Sup Forums, /diy, /o/ and /sci/ come together
>>gather all materials and spend months designing and building it

>they make a balloon

we file for permits under stallman's name before doing it obviously
>implying nasa gives a fuck as long as they get paid

>/k/ found out and now they want to strap mossin nagant's on it

I have a vision of a pico satellite in space spamming "niggers, csg bargains and think pad general banners" across the radio waves.

What if we bribe an astronaut to bring it up there with him and throw the Sup Forums cube as hard as he can?

probably the most feasible plan so far desu.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockoon

This line of thought is well known.

Space is UP, orbit is FAST

Play some kerbal.
Doesn't matter where you start.

It's all momentum and air friction.
If you do not have the momentum, and momentum with a good heading at that, you're still at square zero.

Get out of the atmosphere and have a good orbital heading.
Getting higher means less friction but also less control so you need to vector your thrust to control at this point which is difficult for amateurs to keep track of or you end up with a spiraling bomb.

And depending on the size of the rocket that may come crashing down... This is why most will self terminate in the event of control loss or aim for wide open ocean with what they have left in them.

youtube.com/watch?v=mrjpELy1xzc
Indeed.

>Doesn't matter where you start.
>It's all momentum and air friction.
If you start high enough the Earth will give you momentum

So you use a balloon to get that high, and then you use the rocket strapped to the balloon to compensate for air friction

I'm sure you can ride that angular momentum to do something...