Women in Technology General

Girls do better than boys throughout all grades in school.

More females graduate from college than males.

Yet engineering, IT, programming, and other technology sectors are dominated by men.

Also women earn less on average than men in these fields.

What can be done to make women more welcome in tech fields so that the gender ratio is more balanced?

Also what can be done to address the issues women face in the tech industry (gender pay gap, etc)?

I don't like being near thots whenever I'm busy programming or fixing something. Thanks.

First of all, tell me what can be done to kill reddit spacing ?

>reddit spacing

Is that when you use 4 spaces instead of a tab?

>Also what can be done to address the issues women face in the tech industry (gender pay gap, etc)?
For starters woman must learn to negotiate and genuinely believe in their skills instead of being unnecessary modest and accepting low wages. I'm not good in negotiating and therefor earn only 30000 eurobucks a year as an EE. You don't hear me blaming the system because it's entirely my fault.

>Also women earn less on average than men in these fields.
Wrong my dude.
If it was legal to pay women less than men the IT industry would be dominated by women.

Women are social animals. Men use logic. Being more social is being more powerful.

Didn't we already go through this bullshit?

Once more OP, I must explain that YOU are part of the problem.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR WOMEN!

STOP WOMEN FROM ENTERING USELESS SOCIAL SCIENCE FIELDS!
WE DO NOT NEED ANY GRADUATES WITH DEGREES IN WOMEN'S STUDIES!

STOP REINFORCING HER FEELS!
WOMEN ARE NOT SPECIAL!

Tell her to woman the fuck up, get some REAL skills, a REAL job and stop whining like a child about her problems.

You wanna make a difference in S.T.E.M.? Tell her to get AN ACTUAL FUCKING S.T.E.M. DEGREE. Tell her that's she's not a fucking princess, or special, and that she's expected to pull her weight.

Why don't women do the shitty jobs? They can earn some there.

yawn

You missed something on "average". They are not saying paid less individually.
There is a reason for it. *ahem* negotiation *ahem*

True, we see these things every job interview. Also something interesting I noticed in our company is that there's a stronger camaraderie between men. It's common that you praise your coworkers when you talk to your boss, problems don't get escalated quickly but they try to solve them themselves. The more women-dominated teams escalate often and quickly and have a tendency to complain about their coworkers

What sort of EE? Power Engineering?

she can power engineer muh dick

Because Sup Forums are a bunch of autistic fucks.

The tech industry is so full of autists that any mention of technology brings to the female mind an image of a neckbeard cuddling his plush oversized Rainbow Dash.

>The more women-dominated teams escalate often and quickly and have a tendency to complain about their coworkers
I thought this was all in my head. Apparently I am not the only one. Also I find men tend to talk less about coworkers behind their backs and when they do, it tends to be either neutral or mildly positive ("oh yeah, user, he seems like a decent guy").

More females may graduate than males, but what are they majoring in? Most girls I knew in school tended to be in bullshit basket weaving majors. No shortage of pretty girls in the sociology department. My ex was a political science major and more or less admitted that at least half of what she did was just useless twaddle. We broke up because she had a lot of spare time and I didn't, and she couldn't understand that I was in the library on Saturday not because I didn't want to see her, but because I HAD TO BE THERE. I did software engineering, and the few girls that were in my major tended to lack the grit to do well, they didn't want to study, they thought school was boring. About half switched out to something else between first and third year. The ones who stayed tended to be sort of shitty at what they did, got crappy co-op placements as a result and thus made less out in the field. Only a few really put in the hours and had the passion to do well, and those select few were as good or better than any of the male students.

Based on my anecdotal observations, the reason why girls don't do better in these fields is largely because they don't push themselves to do better. And who would they? They can find boyfriends who kill themselves for $80k a year while they float along in some easy $40k job with a 35 hour work week.

Maybe if the modern American work ethic didn't dictate that 18 hours each day must be spent at work or thinking about work, women wouldn't have to make the choice between their careers and the continuation of the human race

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ERP analyst, business analyst, data analyst, systems analyst, and pretty much anything with analyst in the name are dominate by women in the city I work. Plus, I'd say 50% of the grads coming out of UT's MIS program are women now.

You should find a way to give women men's brains.

There is no need for parity for gender ratios across all fields, since only STEM is being cherry picked, female academics are just looking at why more womyn aren't in high paying fields. Women don't complain that the male population have a complete disinterest in wearing makeup, wearing high heels, wearing dresses or participating in female dominated fields.

They can start by killing themselves for thinking they'd make it in the field.

>Based on my anecdotal observations, the reason why girls don't do better in these fields is largely because they don't push themselves to do better. And who would they? They can find boyfriends who kill themselves for $80k a year while they float along in some easy $40k job with a 35 hour work week.
this really is the core of the issue. women will never make as much money as men because they dont have to. men MUST make money to be loved.