Intelkikes were delusional enough to think Icelake or Cannonlake would be replacing coffelake in 2018

Intelkikes were delusional enough to think Icelake or Cannonlake would be replacing coffelake in 2018.

AHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TMFChipFool/status/937738407366799365
techreport.com/news/31741/updates-for-windows-7-and-8-1-on-kaby-and-ryzen-are-now-blocked
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I told you that there would be leaks and ES sightings of the fabled 8c/16t chip if it actually existed.

Also the cheaper motherboards for coffee lake will only come in April. Bleh.

Hmmm, also means there is no Coffee Lake-X. Those people that bought motherboards that only support Kaby Lake-X chip and not SKL-X are royally screwed with no upgrade options.

if you buy intel you deserve to be goy'd

It should have been obvious to anyone that Intel would drop Kaby Lake X after thr massive backlash. I think Intel's long term goal was to limit overclocking to HEDT only but it backfired. If Ryzen would have sucked I guarentee Intel would have clamped down on overclocking.

I'm just waiting for 8300T t b h

>buying Intel.
I think the only Intel I ever bought was in an ASUS transformer netbook.
All the others I have came out of dumpsters and ewaste bins. The performance between i7 2000 and 7000 series processors is almost negligible from a UX perspective. You can get Extreme processors from the 3000 series for less than half the price of a K SKU in the 8000s.

april my user

>ASUS transformer netbook
Got that too but I was still recommending people i3/i5 notebooks if they had to buy one.
Now there is Ryzen Mobile I can tell them to get AMD, but before that, I couldn't really say them to get Kaveri or Carrizo notebook. Myself I would get it, but normies, they probably need their single-thread.

twitter.com/TMFChipFool/status/937738407366799365
Intelfag tears, nice. I hope this 2018 vacuum will allow AMD to get deeper roots and strike harder with their 7nm chips in 2019.

That doesn't mean anything, Intel can announce stuff not on their roadmap, Icelake in 2018 is extremely possible

Yeah, Intel was only pretending to be retarded.
Just wait, AMD! Intel will come out with Skylake +4% sucker punch in 2018!

Not really. They can change the roadmap. But that was what they already did with Coffee Lake and if they could/would, they would accelerate Ice Lake desktop at that time.

They used their reserve that time with Coffee (and it still was not ready till now, so two months out of that push-forward were just on paper), you can't keep pushing things forward by half a year if they are not ready to be manufactured.

>intel literally doesnt have anything planned for 2018
>ryzen+ planned for February release
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I think the slow approach of ARM is a bigger threat to Intel than AMD is

>skylake btfo
>coffeelake btfo
>icelake btfo
>cannon lake btfo

DAMN AMD IS STRETCHING INTELS CHEEKS WIDE!

>tfw AM4 will work for zen/zen+/zen2 including every APU

Intel will kike you with socket refreshes.

B-bUT YOU TOLD ME INTEL HAD A SECRET STASH OF COOL SHIT TO KILL AMD ANYTIME THEY WANT!

UUUUUH DID YOU LIE TO ME, HOW WOULD IT EVER CROSS YOUR MIND THAT A COMPANY WOULD WOULDN'T SIT ON A INVESTMENT AND MONEY!

>ARM
Lmao

They already blew their load...
They thought Skylake would be enough for the next 3 years and rushed Coveve out the door to compete with Ryzen.

Pretty sure Ice/Cannon were planned for 2019.
Expect latent hardware issues.

They got BTFO when ThreadRipper and Epyc came out of nowhere.
Who wants to pay $1,000-1,400 when you only get 20% more performance over a $300-600 part.
Simple fucking economics.

>cucking yourself
just lmao at your life

>Pretty sure Ice/Cannon were planned for 2019
no they are supposed to be 2018

No they weren't, heck Coffeelake was originally planned for a early 2018 release.

>Who wants to pay $1,000-1,400 when you only get 20% more performance over a $300-600 part.
This is basically what Nvidiafags did for ages despite ATI having head over heels better value for like 3 generations. Don't underestimate delusion.

This.

God enough with the lakes.

You are getting Lakes for the whole next architecture cycle.

Ice Lake (tock 10nm+)
Tiger Lake ("kaby job" 10nm++)
Alder Lake (tick, hope for 7nm, but could be 10nm-something like Coffee)

It's just names tho, it doesn't really matter. Ridges>lakes though. Lakes have stagnant waters, ridges strong winds and deadly storms.

>Who wants to pay $1,000-1,400 when you only get 20% more performance over a $300-600 part.

I think i9-7980XE doesn't sell utterly terribly, it is the fastest desktop chip yet, after all. But it seems that Threadripper 1950X really sells way better then all the $1000+ CPUs of Intel's. It sells more than i9-7900X and in the Mindfactory data it sold more than i9-7900X and all the higher Skylake-X chips combines. And it started selling later than 7900X.

Companies. A server running a 20% slower processor means you need to add more servers to scale up. Each of those consume power and rack space. There is a cost justification for single-fast processors in the datacenter if your task scales well to processor speed.
That said I love AMD's shit for virtualization. Slapping a ton of 'good enough' cores in a box for 1/10th the price is pretty boss.

This was a desktop comparison, Xeon vs Epyc is pretty much neck and neck in performance, with Epyc having other added benefits like I/O and memory and power compared to Intel's AVX512 and "ecosystem"

Watch em try it anyways.

No offense, but Intel still had the advantage.
They are winning by a huge margin in gaming.
Their 6 core chips are beating 8 core ryzen chips in multitasking.
Surprisingly, the 12 and 18 core i9 chips are selling well.
The server market hasn't starts to buy Epyc in any meaningful amounts yet.

This ride isn't over yet Boys.

What will intel do after the 9000 series? As in, what will be their new naming scheme once they run out of numbers?

>The server market hasn't starts to buy Epyc in any meaningful amounts yet.
Hyperscalers were on that shit day fucking 1, and every major server OEM hopped on that particular wagon.

He means actual availability.

Orders are not the same as actually having Epyc servers in your possession.

>Surprisingly, the 12 and 18 core i9 chips are selling well.
Threadripper 1950X seems to sell close to the number of units or more units than 7900x+7920x+7940x+7960x+7980xe in retail. Intel probably makes it up in OEM, but still, 1950X is more popular than all the Core i9s combined.

>one delusional Ayymd fanboi shilling itt, samefagging and replying to himself

Meanwhile in real life Ayymd is getting rekd. Intel/Nvidia still reign supreme.
People aren't idiots, they want quality, stability and performance. Intel/Nvidia is the obvious choice.

this. I might buy an 8700k soon/once it's back in stock. What is the consensus on it's compatibility with Win7. I know Microshit went and pressured Intel into not supporting the 7700k/7600k on Windows 7 anymore but I believe it still works.

What are the implications on the lack of "official" support by Microsoft/Intel for the 8700k/8600k on Windows 7?

Of course, I'm not buying an 8700k till it's back to it's fuckin MSRP. I'm not paying $405 for a $370 CPU. Although, i guess I can't even say "back to it's MSRP" as it's never actually been at that price since it launched. Why is Intel so shit at launches??
Recommended Customer Price $359.00 - $370.00

will this shit still be 14nm?

Steam doesn't really make sense desu. Who knows what goes on in it, maybe the survey is manipulated, maybe it shows signs of decommissioning of PCs from times when AMD had much bigger share, or maybe notebooks only really matter in it.

But the AMD share trend it shows from march makes no sense when we know that Ryzen raised their sales significantly compared to the years before that. So pretty sure the numbers are in one way or the other full of shit.

Originally, their 10 nm process was supposed to be ready for 2015 or 2016, in which case Cannon Lake would have hit then, but since that wasn't the case, tick/tock was scrapped and we got Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake instead.

>but I believe it still works.
I don't run Windows so I haven't tested, but it is difficult to imagine how it could not work, given that it's the same ISA. If anything, you might not get drivers for frequency scaling and temperature monitoring to work correctly/optimally.

>cascade lake
Aptly named Intel, aptly named.

Microsoft detects the CPUs and tells you it won't serve you updates. IIRC happens with Kaby Lake, Ryzen and Coffee Lake should do it too.
There are workarounds but it is messy and effort. Also, the OS is discontinued in 2 years, so waste of time I'd say.

>Microsoft detects the CPUs and tells you it won't serve you updates.
Really? They would do that? Isn't that just obviously and blatantly transparent for being strong-arming? I mean, they can't possibly pretend there's any technical reason for doing this, right?

Like any regular windows updates or just CPU microcode updates?

regular updates
techreport.com/news/31741/updates-for-windows-7-and-8-1-on-kaby-and-ryzen-are-now-blocked

Use WSUS or Simplix.

It's because Intel and AMD say that their hardware doesn't support 7

If you use POSready 7 updates you do get another year of support.

Hardware supports Windows 7, it basically has to unless they really want to be dicks and fuck with shit that makes windows 7 not boot like dell did on a laptop I had.
There just not willing to support new hardware on ~8 year old software.

That's real fuckin jewish. Guess I'm sticking with this 4670k for a few more years after all.

>There just not willing to support new hardware on ~8 year old software.
More like Microsoft told them to because they want people to upgrade to Windows 10.

Coffee Lake wasn't supposed to be even exist.

It is literately a last-minute effort to stop the market hemorrhaging from Ryzen line-up.

I suspect that Coffee Lake actually based on the original desktop Skylake prototypes (engineers went for a six-core design). Executives didn't want to cannibalize their Haswell HEDT sales. They requested for "quad-core" version as desktop part since they felt it was enough for desktop users.

Ryzen threw a wrench into the plans. Engineers had it in backroom and just refresh it a bit (mainly adding SGX support and newer iGPU) = Coffee Lake. The fabs barely had time to produce enough units to hit retail channels and there's still not enough to satisfy demand.

>There just not willing to support new hardware on ~8 year old software.
They still support PC-DOS 1.0, and you think supporting Windows 7 is a problem for them?

I highly doubt AMD/intel would give you any support outside of legacy DOS support baked into there CPU, intel does provide dos ethernet drivers only to load something on top of DOS.
Windows 7 is supported by the hardware as is DOS that is the way x86 works, there just not going to give you any technical support if shit doesn't work right.

>outside of legacy DOS support baked into there CPU
Isn't the CPU exactly what we're talking about?

considering only 2 processors in the i9 range actually beat out the 1950x in production workloads and not by much at that, it's not much wonder why people would go for the 1950x. Especially right now when it's literally less than half the price of either. Hell even the cheapest i9 right now is more expensive than a 1950x.

I'm starting to see more and more concerns over intel's management engine in media

covfefe lake was a failure

the juden are scared

Warm up the ovens.

Well you can't really find much flaws on the value proposition (even 1000 USD), the only gripe is probably that motherboards are more expensive than for 7900X, because vendors only released 1-2 SKUs so choice is way too limited.

>+4%
Whoa user, temper your expectatations a little bit, this is Intel we're talking about here.