Offical amd Sup Forums hate thread - poozen high edition

>be amd
>release processor in #currentyear with ipc performance of intel processor from #2013
>realize it will be shit so toss on MOAR CORES
>release it and act like wood glue is the best thing since slice bread
>intel counters by releasing a 6 core smt part based off of their tech from #2015 that matches poozen 8 cores in heavy multithreaded but face rapes it in everything else
>be amd again
>release gpu's that you hyped so badly
>do a poor volta campaign to hype vega
>release it months later after said campaign
>barely competes with the 1080
>can't even match the 1080 ti
>uses more power

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/computing/253955-threadripper-reviewed-amds-16-core-1950x-rips-intels-core-i9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're trying too hard.

I can honestly say if someone said if i had to use an AMD powered PC or iPad for the rest of my life, i'd choose the iPad.

At least i can get some real computing done then.

>be amd
>start a new campaign
>make campaign about how you would rather own a $600 chink laptop rather than a $30,000 car
amd really should fire their marketing department.

>noseposting.

Okay, THAT I'll agree with. That campaign was cancer.

>implying that isn't a cheap $500 clunker

That marketing campaign is brilliant, really. The cloth makes it so that you have no idea how valueless the car is, it could be worth less than $10 and be something that will cost money to haul to the scrapyard.

way too hard

>$30000
Jokes on you. it's actually a beater.

>trying to hard
>by stating the truth
you amd shills are as bad as jidf

Nice try, Brian.

jokes on you, my name is steve

There are no smart people named Steve, I know one Steve, he's a drug addict and my mom told me to stay away from him

Seriously man, it's embarrassing. I own an i3-8100 btw.

I can confirm with this
I have bro in law named steve, the autist was playing COD 4 on his Macbook during thanksgiving and would only drink white wine

Yup, Steve.
The name parents give their children if they want them to fail at life.

Nah I know a super smart Steve.

>brand new AND bottom of the pile
Why user?

Aren't you just super dumb so something below average like a mere Steve looks super smart?

>be processor manufacturer
>release a whole new processor line that's actually 20% slower than your own previous line
>brag about MOAR CORES with 8 cores
>barely competes with leading competitors 4 cores & 4 cores with smt
>fire ceo
>fire half of management team
>release a new reversion a year later
>still 10% slower than previous generation architecture
>up clocks
>increase power consumption
>yfw that was, and still is, amd

My name is Stephen and my IQ was tested at 121.
Please don't trigger me.

I doubt your names are any smarter

>getting triggered about reddit posts
you won't make it kiddo

My name is Kyle, but I know I'm a retard so it's ok.

At least my parents didn't name me Steve.

>Kyle
Literally every kyle I've ever known was a borderline genius so I don't know what kind of 4d chess game you're playing here but I'm not gonna fall for it

Why are all notebooks that come with ryzen severly crippled by the manufactures?
>hp
>ships bloatware

In Germony
>acer
>ships single channel ram

>be amd
>decide to adopt new high performing memory
>spend years and millions to develop around new memory
>spend more time on memory and less time on gpu architecture
>finally finish it but realize your gpu architecture is shit
>do everything you can to up the clocks to over come its shitness
>release it and call it FURRY to bait 12 year old in getting their mommies to buy it for them

>be amd again
>do it two years later
>this time call it vega
>and not only that, but even fail with the memory by shipping it with under performing memory than what it was originally speced for

AMD not having enough money to make a stand against them or force a reference design.

Dennis here, can levitate shit with my mind. Get on my level, Steve, you moron.

>he does it for free

All shitposting aside whether you use inhell or MAD, you have Zen to thank for pushing $120 4-core i3s.

Competition is good and inhell would have kept shoving $150 dual-core i3s down our throats for all eternity if zen didn't exist.

LMAO

Just ordered Ryzen 1600. Thx, OP.

Pajit rahua approved

wayyyyy too hard

Do you shit like this too? Because that's how you get a prolapse anus.

kek, the jews are getting desperate

This sounds like Intel's future, seeing as they have nothing planned for 2018 and all the 10nm issues.

Guys, you're forgetting about a tiny piece of information that makes this meme backfire for you...

hi I love AMD and RTG

>hahah what a bad bait
>better bite and tell him.
embarrassing. go back to redit

Yo is there a ~200 card worth upgrading from my gtx 770?
Just 1080 gaming, no 4k

Take a 1050ti instead, it will be good for years

put 30-50 dollars more and get a 1060 6gb. 1050ti may have more vram than 770 but on the other aspects 770 actually better than 1050ti

I didn't just bite it, I stole it.

>the wallpaper is a raging volcano
>vega
pottery

this literally looks like it was made by poojeet

>I can honestly say if someone said if i had to use an AMD powered PC or iPad for the rest of my life, i'd choose the iPad.
>At least i can get some real computing done then.
That may be true but you will do it with a butt plug up your arse like apple boys end up doing.

sure thing sanjeet

>ships bloatware
Is there any manufacturer with parts of any brand that does not do this? Isn't reinstalling Windows on your new laptop standard procedure?

Finally, a thread where I can poo in.

Not for the average consumer, whom straight out the box are gonna be spammed by a bunch of bullshit and think their AMD PC is slower because of it.

>be Intel
>almost 0 percent performance improvement over 5 years
>-1% performance improvement on Coffee Lake
>only dominates on gayming
>always milking customer over the past 5 years

No u

>0% performance improvement over 5 years
>amd still behind

AMDrones BTFO!

Is this a reverse shilling technique? So obvious that it makes intelfags look desperate and therefore shilling for AMD?
Impressive.

This. The whole board should start to ironically hate amd to make amd shills mad.

Why does this board constantly think Pajeets like AMD? They have ALWAYS been Intel fanboys. The ones that work with me think AMD is garbage.

damn it we were so close to change the mind of someone again this week

welp better luck next week

thus i have not upgraded from my i5 3750....

>have not upgraded from my i5 3750
I know that feel
Maybe we'll have a reason next year or the one after that.

this is the saddest thing desu
why can't we have at least one goat mainstream cpu manufacturer ?

gee another 'hate' thread. /r*ddit/ is that way if you want some users to be convinced.

Should I buy the 1700 or wait for 8400 to be in stock, same price

>Came for AMD bashing
>Intel fanboys never talk about Threadripper

extremetech.com/computing/253955-threadripper-reviewed-amds-16-core-1950x-rips-intels-core-i9

Intel btfo with no recovery

You be saying there are Indians in an Indian Intel conference? Wow. You're even slower and dumber then a Ryzen processor.

>dumber then

And what do you think demand more of a processor, orchestrating every piece of hardware in the system in order to run an AAA game, or repeadetly hashing the same fucking bytes over and over (which a gpu does way better anyways). Ryzens are as dumb and single minded as the people who buys and uses them.

Thats not because he's Indian, but because they are.

0/10 made me reply

>be Intel
>release processor in #currentyear with ipc performance of intel processor from #2013
>realize it will be shit so toss on MOAR CORES
>release it and act like wood glue is the best thing since slice bread (TIM)
>AMD counters by releasing 4-32core cpus that cost up to a quarter of the intel variant and perform rougly the same.
>well shit, time to release more cores and more sockets then to further confuse everyone and make more money of the people who just upgraded to X99 and Z270

>be amd
>release gpu's that you hyped so badly
>do a poor volta campaign to hype vega
>release it months later after said campaign
>barely competes with the 1080
>can't even match the 1080 ti
>uses more power

>save a few dollars buying ryzen
>spend all that and more getting one of the three decent am4 boards
>spend a fortune on compatible c14 ddr4 3200 ram
>up the budget again for a massive PSU to power the hungry cpu
>up it again because Vega is 16 pin minimum
>have to buy half a dozen 130psi industrial pwm fans to keep the temps reasonable
I gave up and spent money on an overpriced Intel cpu and z370 mobo. Overpay on two parts instead of all of them. Thank you based intel.

ding ding ding we have a winrar!

you be me m8? though i still have my vega 56. i like it a lot. in balance mode it doesn't go above 190 watts total but still as fast as a mild overclocked 1070 but with superior 1440p performance.

daily reminder that amd will cut down graphics cards between batches and then sell you less performance for more.

I love my AMD based 1700X + 290X system. I will buy AMD CPUs forever because I refuse to support Intel's business practices. GPUs are whatever, but AMD's Hawaii was such a good GPU it's still holding strong in 1080p so I'm not seriously considering upgrading. AMD has consistently provided me the best experience per dollar.

>that amd stock price lmao
looks like miners couldn't even save amd, crash when?

Hey Internet!
It's YO BOI GILBERT again!

For those of you who don't know me, I am your AMD Community Manager for your Sup Forums.Org website! LMAO!

Please let me know if you have any feedback for us, we'd love to hear from you!

BTW, Our RX Vega card is steaming pile of hot shit but it literally prints money by mining! Is that totally ROFLCOPTERS or what? Get yours today!

PS. Did I get "Doubles"?

Hey Internet!
It's YO BOI GILBERT again!

For those of you who don't know me, I am your AMD Community Manager for your Sup Forums.Org website! LMAO!

Please let me know if you have any feedback for us, we'd love to hear from you!

BTW, Our RX Vega card is steaming pile of hot shit but it literally prints money by mining! Is that totally ROFLCOPTERS or what? Get yours today!

PS. Did I get "Doubles"?

ttt

Are you stupid or just retarded? Fury had MUCH worse memory problems than Vega.

At the same clocks AMD is up there with Intel in single thread performance. Zen refresh on 12nm will likely bridge most or all of this gap, and Zen 2 on 7nm will give AMD the advantage.

I paid $110 for a motherboard and bought the cheapest G. Skill 3200MHz memory I could. Currently running at 3.7GHz on the stock cooler and the memory runs at the rated speed and timings. It also consumes less power both at idle and under load and runs cooler than the i5 I replaced with it. I understand this is a shill thread but you're a moron.

be me, running a Phenom II x4 955 w/32GB Ram and Geforce 740GT. Could upgrade but there's no point. Games I play are all older titles from 1999-2004. Mobo has USB 3 + SATA II/III + fuckton of USB 2.0 ports. Only really demanding thing that stresses all 4 cores is video encoding tasks (which ain't often, I got a whole 2nd dedicated tower I use for that task when the need comes up). I mean, really why the hell would blowing a few hundred dollars help me any with what I do? Nothing.

>S&W
Enjoy your Hillary hole, moron.

>You're trying too hard.
Just like AMD.

>Fury had MUCH worse memory problems than Vega.
calm your tits sally. no where did i write that vega was equal, or worse than fiji.
see
>but even fail with the memory by shipping it with under performing memory than what it was originally spec'd for
>fail with the memory by shipping it with under performing memory than what it was originally spec'd for
>shipping it with under performing memory than what it was originally spec'd for
>spec'd for
i was criticizing how amd failed to ship it with what was originally attended. 1+ghz dual stacked hbm2. who gives a shit if its better than fiji. if i was comparing it to fiji and trying to state its as bad or worse i would easily point out the fact that ironically vega has less bandwidth than fiji. even though fiji has 500mhz of hbm1, its quad stacked vs vega 2 stack. but at least it has a bigger frame buffer, can actually be overclocked, and vega has a much better architecture (superior geometry and balanced front & backend) along with higher clocks to make up for it.

>>Be me
>>Fire up 1950X box
>>Run 4 VM's dual core allocation to each with SMT for beta testing, bug checking.
>>Can still minimize everything and run a game and stream output if I feel froggy.
>>I don't even hate Intel, just needed the best tool for the job.
>>Definitely not cheesed when that hex core Intel offering simply cannot compete.

Not even mad at your superfluous rantz just saying some people do more than the latest COD.

Vega does not have memory issues. The problem is the fact that the front end (rops) are still not enough for all those cores. Unless a game is well optimized, V56 = V64 if you allow same power targets.

>$1000 cpu vs $350 cpu
>lol intel btfo

>$1000 cpu vs $350 cpu
>lol intel btfo
>$1000 amd house fire still has slower single threaded performance
>$1000 amd loses to $350 intel cpu in EVERYTHING that uses 6 threads and less
>$350 intel cpu still very competitive in 12 threaded and less scenarios
fix'd

fuckoff bryan

>tfw no amd card between rx 570 and 560
>had to buy 1060 3GB

You mean 1050ti? the 570 is better than the 3GB

in terms of price and perf.
1050ti is only a little faster than 560 but the price is too near the 1060 3gb.

560 is 1024 sp and 570 is 2048sp.
so they're missing the 1536sp range.
call is rx 565.

its steve. get it right you twat.