What does Sup Forums think of others' languages?

>Português
Sounds ugly most of the time compared to the others and also kinda like a mix of español and français. Overcomplicated, but has a great consistency with its phonemes and rules. Needlessly splited "them" into "eles" and "elas".

>English
Easy and dynamic, but its phonemes are all over the place. Sounds kinda bubbly most of the time.

>Español
Solid 8/10 language. Sounds good most of the time. Needlessly splitted "us" into "nosotros" and "nosotras". "v" and "b" share the same phoneme.

>Japanese
I can only say it looks simplistic with its phonemes (overuses /t/ and /k/)

>Chinese
Excessive use of "ch"s.

Here's a source
youtube.com/watch?v=G2Y-OLbscKc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XObmRf3VhcE
youtube.com/watch?v=7mGY6wCS4Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=T2o0DX4M51A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Chinese
>Japanese
>Portuguese
absolutely-fucking-disgusting

>Spanish
High school bullshit class.

English
enjoyable, widely understood

>bonus:
>Brezhoneg
my native language, sounds like a dumpster baby of French and Irish.

All of them sound fake, magyar is the only real language

sounds like arabic to me

stfu harambe

>Needlessly splited "them" into "eles" and "elas".
literally every latin language does this you dumb spic

Sounds amazing tier: Spanish, Catalan, Latin
Sounds okay tier: Italian, Japanese, Greek, Russian, standard Arabic
Sounds meh tier: Romanian, Portugese, Hindi, Korean
Sounds ugly tier: pretty much all germanic languages, French, Ukrainian
Just fuck my shit up: Mandarin

Korean: its intonation sounds like kinda japanese dialect from somewhere rural except the end of the sentences "yo~~" pronunciation differs from japanese so much that i cnt get what they say
Mandarin: ching chong meme is true but shii chii sounds are more harsh to me
SEA languages: idk so much but some of their pronunciation sounds like japanese system, it's easier to get than chinese or korean i guess
English: at first i found it ar-ur-ar-ur shan, I didn't find when sentences start and end. Sounds almost good, especially in songs.
Spanish: so quickly, great pronunciation
Polish: poles are amazing because if I speak like them, my tongue will be exhausted immediately.

>Needlesly
>what is gender

>"v" and "b" share the same phoneme.
No

I love Portuguese, but "people" from Rio and the Northeast have the ability to absolutely destroy it.

>Spanish
Sounds like shit outside Spain

>French
Sounds like shit outside France

>English
Sounds like shit outside and inside England

>Mandarin/Japanese/Polish/German/Finnish
wew

>Russian
Spanish spoken backwards

>Italian/Danish
10/10 languages

You forgot: Portuguese, sounds like shit outside Portugal.

How about Turkish ?
youtube.com/watch?v=XObmRf3VhcE

lol, your impression of english is exactly the same I had before I learned english, ur-ar-ur-ark.
10/10 chart
Also, I just realized
>english uses a gross strictly uppercase i as its "ego"

Is still not very necessary. The only actual bad usage of this is when it is supposed to pronome groups of people, like "nosotros/nosotros", "eles/elas" and "aqueles/aquelas", since you rarely ever find a strictly one-gendered group of people.

Do you guys at least have a actual rule to say when to use either "b" or "v" when confronted with an Sup Forums phoneme?

Turkish music sounds amazing. A normal conversation seems to vary too much in my taste for me to have a clear impression. Sometimes it's great, other times the R's just ruin it

> other times the R's just ruin it

Hmm what do you mean by R's?

Lots of delicious "r"s all over it. Sounds good and kinda relaxing.
I can't really follow when a word starts and ends though, sounds like someone rapidly and roughly coughing and spouting varied sounds.

Dutch is a horrible language, I don't know why isn't already dead

>>Italian/Danish
>10/10 languages
Kamelåså

Those rough phonemes: /tr/s, /rr/s and /r/s.

I don't like how some turks pronounce the R in such a strong way. Kind of like the stereotypical American R, or maybe Albanian. Turkish would sound amazing if you could roll them but I don't think that's the standard way, right?

portuguese portuguese sounds like a faggy version of portuguese compared to brazilian though. almost everybody on brazil secretly acknowledges that.

I like Magyar, Finnish and Estonian. They are fucking amazing. They sound like they are always angry.

Well some people do roll them but they kinda look like emo's or hipsters.

For example word : "Yapıyor"(Doing) if you roll it it would be like : "Yapıyo".

Also i dont think R's are too much problem. American R's sounds to us like "AR". We only say "R".

>English
God's language.

>French
I still have trouble understanding the French years after the many lessons I have had. Reading it however has been a great pleasure.

>Italian & Spanish
Very easy to understand and learn. Kind of annoying though.

>German & Russian
Manly but too hard to bother with.

>Latin
Sounds manly when spoken slowly but sounds just as gay as Spanish and Italian when spoken with a proper accent.

>Greek
WTF-tier

>Non-European languages
Horrible. Whenever I hear an Asian language I cringe.

I guess but it's nice to have the option anyway.

Russian does that to me too. Maybe some light-languages tend to feel this effect when hearing rougher languages.

youtube.com/watch?v=7mGY6wCS4Zc
Wha do you guys think of Portuguese?

God tier: U.S. English
Great tier: Italian
Good tier: European Spanish
Decent tier: Japanese,
Okay tier: Finnish, Estonian, German, Swedish
Bad tier: Chinese, Turkish
Terrible tier: French, U.K. English
The absolute worse: Slavic languages. All of them. South American Spanish. Arabic. Motherfucking Dutch. Romanian.

>God tier: U.S. English
nice proxy senpai

Kurva szádat azt proxy. It really is God tier, otherwise I wouldn't have learned English, but something else instead.

Oh also I forgot to rate Moortugese, I'll give it an okay tier.

My favorite languages aesthetically are Germanic languages and French. I actually enjoy the guttural sounds and don't find them ugly, where other people see them as rough I see them as "soft", especially German which has this always angry or serious reputation but I find it very kawaii.

Most intriguing for me has to be Persian. Structurally it's closer to a Euro language but it has strong Semitic influence which makes it sound very bizarre, and it has a very long history.

>Portuguese
Stress timed, spoken at a correct tempo, with proper diction it sounds like a proper language

>English
The very same

>Spanish
Horrible sounds, machine-gun rhythmed, too fast, sounds alien to my ears

>French
It defies every notion one, it should sound like shit given it's phonemes and all but it sounds beautiful

>Italian
Sounds like the default Romance language

>Japanese
Sounds like shit but it has a stereotype of being the language of hardworking intelligent people so no one cares

>when spoken with a proper accent.
I hate this shit, Latin as spoken in 200 BC would have sounded like a native Irish speaker trying to speak Italian. So much can change in 2000 years, Mandarin didn't even have tones back then

Nice languages:
Portuguese, Italian, Finnish, Dutch, Afrikaans

Ok languages:
Spanish, Japanese, Norwegian

Meh languages:
English, German, Turkish

Shitty languages:
French, Russian, Polish, Swedish, Mandarin, Arabic, Hebrew

vas y bébé montre tes tétés c'est vrai ce que t'avais promis une belle chambre et de beaux habits huh huh

Linguists have largely "solved" what Latin used to sound like, there is tons of evidence from old grammars and poetry to put together a working model that fits mostly every constant and vowel. To compare it to Ancient Chinese is disingenuous.

They have solved for the broader phonemes and even allophones but there is no way to know what it would have really sounded like, the small details that give a language it's flavour. Ancient Chinese is merely an example, and you can't "solve" for accent.

It would have sounded a whole lot more Celtic than what people stereotype it as, with plenty of aspirated consonants and long powerful consonants (there is a reason LaTium -> LaTZio)

TOP TIER
>Spanish, Catalan, Latin

GOOD TIER
>Japanese, Korean, Cymraeg

MID TIER
>English, Chinese, Italian, Russian

LOW TIER
>Dutch, French, Malay, most Arabic dialects

JUST FUCK MY EARS UP SENPAI
>German, Tamil

>Finnish
The langauge of Gods and Angels. Only the Heavens could provide mere man with such a perfect tounge.

God tier: Slovak

Shit tier: rest

all english sounds stupid even your language sounds better
t. alliance with the british since like forever
you can be best friends with someone but still acknowledge they have terrible breath or a stupid haircut

>good tier
>welsh

Even Irish sounds/looks better than that muck

You're a good man.

I have to agree with you. I know German and I freaking love that language. Also met a Dutch girl once and asked her to speak her language for a bit and that shit made me hard. Probably helped she was hot as fuck too, but still.

I know this is a few Sup Forums years late to respond, but I have heard a little bit of Portuguese from music (Os Mutantes) and do find it pleasant when sung. As for spoken Portuguese, frankly, I haven't heard it enough.

I saw you talking about Brezhoneg in another thread the other day.
How do you end up with a native language like that lol

I once read that a wide spread world wide voting on "what's the nicest language to hear in song" was made and that Portuguese finished first place.

Great tier:
Turkmen and Turkish, French, Uralic languages, Italian, Spanish

Good tier:
Portuguese, Mandarin and other Chinese languages (i'm a tonal language speaker, so i don't hear them as ching chong ping ping heh), Japanese, German, Hebrew

Decent-tier:
Korean

Interesting tier:
Xhosa and Khoisan languages, Greenlandic, Khmer, some tribal languages that i will never know how it should

Haha, i though the same.
More like HILLBILLY tier/10

Nice proxy Elmeri

My name is Teppo thank you very much.

In the last part of the video, she talks some normal portuguese, but here's a better sample for ya.
youtube.com/watch?v=T2o0DX4M51A

>has strong Semitic influence

In terms of Islam yes, not day to day conversation or literature

God-tier: Dutch, Italian, Persian, Mongolian

Great-tier: Spanish, French, Greek, Cherokee, Russian

Okay-tier: English, Portuguese

Shit-tier: Mandarin, Korean, Turkish

Cancer: Arabic and Hebrew

Meme-tier: Swedish/Danish

Pull yourself together tier: Esperanto

Any groupings like Slavic or Germanic show that you are clueless because Slavic languages sound very dissimilar, as do Germanic ones - there is a world of a difference between English, German and Swedish each.

>Danish
>10/10

english is very monosyllabic, and the words sometimes sound like soft grunts.

"world" "rough" "rare" stuff like that

it is a great, flexible language, but sometimes I get the need to listen to music in another language, even if most of the music I listen to is in English.