You give so much love to Freetard Richard Stallmanu but you give nothing to the man you should truly worship...

You give so much love to Freetard Richard Stallmanu but you give nothing to the man you should truly worship. The creator of C and Unix.

Dennis Ritchie. Fight me.

C, UNIX, and the retarded standards bodies for them set computing back so far that it was doomed to never advance as it should. By the time we were ready to move on, we had so much abstracted shit and so many faggots reliant on it that any advancements were guaranteed to be made in node.js or used to make node.js faster.

fpbp

To be fair, he didn't write it with the intent that we'd still be using it half a century later. You can't blame him for other people's mistakes.

You can however blame him for using troff rather than LaTeX.

>You can however blame him for using garbage type setting X rather than garbage type setting Y.

What high quality typesetter do you use?

I'd rather be universally respected than ironically worshiped

Real professionals don't have time to dick around with Latex. They use word. I wrote my bachelor thesis in microsoft word like the rest of the educated people

3B2

you can speak for the rest of Sup Forums but idgaf about stallman and his pedo tendencies. Dennis Ritchie contributed more than Torvalds and Stallman put together.

C == mistake

> First is salesman who marketed himself and his products.
> Second spend his life developing actually good products.

First one will be forgotten.
Legacy of the second continues to live.

>Dennis Ritchie contributed more than Torvalds and Stallman put together.
I don't think that's true.
Dennis Ritchie
>invented a shitty ass language that killed off better languages at its time
Stallman
>founded a nutcase community that put immense man power into a compiler that is good enough to actually compile the scrap language to fast binaries

Stallman also gave a function reason for people to still use a LISP dialect.

>Stallman also gave a fictional reason for people to still use a LISP dialect.
ftfy

Word isn't a typesetting program dipshit.

> results in false

Nice comparison check, faggot.

*fights you*

Ideas never die. Long live the FSF.

Nah you're wrong. Faggots would have been reliant on ANY standard that achieved widespread adoption, and UNIX/C were incredibly good compared to modern standards like ECMAScript, Win32, Java, et cetera.

Are you dumb? The only things that get swapped out are things that aren't performing well enough.

People don't like changing once they are used to a thing and it works well enough. You think that is some new thing with C and Unix?

Why do you think we still use IPv4 instead of v6 even tho using it would see a lot of major benefits to security and efficiency? Cause everyone is already using v4 and it works well enough and nobody wants to go and change it.

Blame it on dumb humans not C or Unix

>Blame it on dumb humans not C or Unix
Pretty much this. A lot of problems in the world aren't technological problems, but social problems. Foolish people aren't stigmatized enough. They're given positions in big corporations, and they get to fight against the people who actually understand math and technology.

>professional
>bachelor thesis
A bachelor degree is not professional. It's literally the least you can do in university.
In most sciences you aren't done until you get a PhD.

The least you can do at uni is a single term course. Who's a professional or not is arbitrary but no engineer needs a PhD to work in the industry. Realistically it's only suitable for the lazy people that would like an unchanging and safe job, life tenure without any significant pressures. The appeal is evident but it does not really speak to professionalism.

And who doesn't want job safety? It's fine to switch around when you are young but if you start carrying a family you never want to end up hanging on thin air.

>family
We're talking about people here, not subhuman normalfags.

Fine then, but having been in both places I'll tell you working in a university is just like any other job.
There are some people that want their dick sucked that you have to befriend to join the circlejerk. Just like any other big corp where you befriend some big guy and get a lifetime hiring as middle manager with 300k starting.

I love Dennis Ritchie, but he didn't invent Unix - Ken Thompson did. C was also an evolution of a language made by - guess who - Ken Thompson. Ken is basically The Architect in The Matrix and undisputedly the King of modern computing.

you didn't get the matrix

>Freetard
Opinion discarded.

and you didn't answer his question
>it's shit because I'm too retarded to use it and gave up on it 10 minutes in
kill yourself

This means you are not an MIT graduate.

Today I shall appreciate the man who gave us the most wonderful and relevant of all technologies:

V I D E O G A M E S

He didn't write any.

Video games have been around long before billy gates.

Anything not on PC isn't really videogayme

imhoffs law in full effect:
the structure of any bureaucracy is like that of a septic tank;
the biggest pieces float to the top.

I work for a large company in retail and guess what?

kek

Reminder that UNIX and C were "simpler" (read:shitty) stopgap measures created because the PDP computers Bell Labs had weren't good enough to run much more advanced MULTICS and PL/I. Many features of these 60s relics we're getting only recently.

ZoMg he Da best when I gorw up i want to be jus like BILLY the MAN i LOOOVE videogames

Most of the time you'll be better off with a masters than a phd, unless you like being told you're overqualified for every position.

If you believe that writing a thesis and setting your font to times new roman 12 is all typesetting is about - allow me to define you as king of brainlets, newfriendo, confirmed also for not having ever even walked close to any office that prints books/newspapers/journals/etc.

C and UNIX started the dark ages of computing.
Algol W was infinitely better, ran decently on all but the shittiest machines (i.e. the PDP11), and was around years before C.