It's time to go

Sup Forumsentoomen, when are you moving out of your mom's house?

inb4 how will I be able to afford a ThinkPad, if I stop getting my allowance??

I don't live in a developed country. It's very hard to do that shit if you were not born in a rich family.
Used ThinkPads aren't cheap? You're not supposed to buy an used one? Good luck leaving your family house, be a responsible guy and buy a screwdriver before you need one.

Thats some real advice, thanks user :)

Moved out a year ago, got an apartment right next to work. No longer have to commute via car, just a short 3 min walk. It's great to not have to drive any longer.

It has been 42 fucking years, why the fuck would I move out.

Real talk, living on your own for most of us who even have jobs is insanely expensive. The following numbers come from what I spent living in the white parts of DC near georgetown.

I'll break it down

Scenario 1:
>$400-600 rent for a room
>can't use kitchen most likely so ~$900 monthly on outside food
>~$400 on water/drinks, snacks, cleaning/grooming supplies
>~$100-200 bills

min: ~$1,800 every month

Scenario 2:
>$1000-1,200 rent for studio apartment
>$400-600 month on groceries
>~$400 on water/drinks, snacks, cleaning/grooming supplies

min: ~$1,800 every month

Either way you will have to earn a minimum of ~$2,500 before taxes each month or about $16/hour JUST to live paycheck to paycheck assuming you walk around everywhere and don't pay medical insurance or have any credit cards.

Fellow anons, go give your parents a hug, you have no idea how lucky you are to have them put food and a roof over your head and charge little or no rent. The real world is tough as nails and often requires living with strangers who might slit your throat in the middle of the night.

My budget is different.

$3800 after taxes & 401k:
- $400 for anything I want (sometimes more or less depending on what I want that month)
- $400 for food, lunch at work, eat snacks and shit at home
- $1245 for rent, $100-200 for internet + power, around $1400/mo total for rent
- $1200 (or whatever is left) to savings every month
- ~$100 a month for renter's + auto insurance

>400 dollars for drinks and snacks
fuck off retard. cut that down to 40 bucks a month and just drink water. If you're poor you don't deserve extra shit.

My parents threw me out of the house at 16, became homeless for a few years, eventually got work here and then enough to get me couch surfing. I eventually became a plumber and now live with 5 people in a 2 bedroom apartment and barely sleep because they drink and smoke weed at night.

I resent my parents and will never talk to them for as long as I live. Don't want to blogpost about my life here but I'll just say my parents never loved me and often took out their anger from work/life on me. Eventually I guess they saw me as literal trash and threw me out.

good for you user, I wish I had continued my HS education after being kicked out but I was so torn and suicidal for almost a decade. At least I stayed away from booze and drugs.

You forgot
>shampoo
>TP
>paper towels
>cleaning supplies
>shaving/dental supplies
>ect

Life is hard user, it looks so easy from the outside but once you're in the shit you'll know true suffering and eventually end up like me and live with strangers in your own apartment.

how about you spend the 40 bucks on stuff like that, and drink the water you already pay for?

Man, you've clearly never lived by yourself. You're so ignorant of how real life by yourself it's cute.

Anyway to the rest of you maggots living in mommy's basement: save as much fucking money as possible right now. Get a fucking job if you don't already have one and help your parents pay for their house and don't treat them like shit.

Eventually they'll die, leave you with their house to repay all the good you did to them and you'll be able to sell the house and leave your kids with a better future.

Please give me one reason why you can't drink the water you already pay for, and use the rest on toiletries?

>26
>live with parents
>make only 50k a year
>have only 90k saved

Who else /embarrassing failure/ here?

All of these can be hand except toilet paper (which is maybe $20 1-2 months) for

I whore myself for a living, only way to live on my own and >paying denbts

>23
>live alone
>make 24k/yr
>have more in debt than i have in checking+savings combined

man i love the military

Because tap water is contaminated by the metal and other toxins/waste leached off from the water pipes in the city and then your home. Good water filters cost hundreds and are often not allowed to be installed in apartments.

You'll have to spend at least ~$100 on gallon water jugs from costco each month

90k is a significant amount of money; that's a down payment on a house pretty much or a third of a reasonable home, not sure wtf you're even complaining about. I'm 25 and just got a 65k/yr job as a junior and only have ~13k saved when my end of year bonus gets in.

>all these can be had
Oh sorry, I'm not black

complain to your apartment and say the water is undrinkable without a filter, or get a filtered water bottle.

fuck you

This is the dumbest shit I've read. Unless you live in Flint, MI this is a non-issue and a waste of money. Buy a traditional water filter every ~5 years as a one time purchase if it really concerns you.

Would be nice if I could do that but I live NEAR georgetown not in it. And by the time they allow that they'll be charging you 2-3X the rent.

Did you not fucking read what I said.

There are fucking construction crews rushing to replace lead pipes in my block with PVC ones as we speak.

>or get a filtered water bottle
filters are like 15 bucks and last a month.

Your post has 0 mention of lead pipes, just generic oogy boogy "toxins".

Your situation is unique, not the standard. So no, no one needs to go out and buy loads of water, just you.

30 and still living with my mum. think about killing myself more and more often.

Wew
>$550/mo rent
>$130/mo utilities + internet
>$60/mo or less for phone and cleaning supplies
>$110/mo for monk style food budget at full nutrition (black beans, red lentils)
>$30/mo gas
>$880/mo expenses
>job is $11/hr
>takehome is $1460 after taxes
>$1460-880 is $580 left monthly to do whatever, I save it almost always for things I need later and have $2.5k in the bank
It's not that hard, dummies. Stop spending on useless shit. In 3 months my monthly income will be around $3.5k/mo - get a job first, plan out ways to get more money later. It sucks, everything sucks, but grow balls and do it. NEETdom isn't that good. All of us hurt inside, but struggle is manhood. Start struggling for what you want.

They do not filter water well enough.

okay m8 but if you actually are drinking raw rap water remember what I told you when become ill from metal/toxin poisoning. The only benefit tap water has is it's pre-treated with chorine/flourine so chance of contracting an illness is virtually zero but what it leeches off pipes in the water system to you is another story.

All this is coming from someone who regularly replaces main lead water pipes in homes and writes a notice to the city that they have lead water pipes leading to my clients homes.

You know driving without insurance is a felony, right?

i moved out when i was 18, 7 years ago, user.