Why are all web browsers shit?

Seriously. Every web browser I've ever use is pure garbage. I hate it.

Blame Chromium and sjws and pajeets but I think you are a pajeet.

Because HTML is shit and the web was a mistake.

I'm using Opera, it's alright.

Opera 49 broke a lot of shit I had to downgrade.

>but I think you are a pajeet.
nope

Blame web "developers" who use JavaScript frameworks like they're a natural resource.

Web browsers are hulking messes of programs because shitty developers abuse the shit out of the web and browsers have to accommodate that.

>Edge not on that list

Because the Internet itself is shit

Idk, you tell me

Is there any browser that you think it's the least bad?

I installed waterfox today.

It's pretty good.

Made your own web browser if you feel your opinion is so exclusive.

dillo, links, w3m
browsers that perpetuate the javascript meme are sinful

THIS!!
but use firefox

I like debian's firefox Lts

/thread

I agree, its pretty comfy

Edge is only good for battery life

firefox after the new update is one of the first browser i approve of. ever.

New Firefox is good.

I blame the web first, browsers second.

eat shit quantum shills

Waterfox is okay

javascript ruined web surfing

web browsers used to take very little memory. they're now bloated engines. sometimes I wonder whether the extra processing power is wasted on checking for exploits or sending data home.

qutebrowser is great

No, just you mthfckr

Edge is good for you for you who do not like browsing

Should I continue using Waterfox or should I switch to Quantum?

This. Opera is comfydesu.

mein neggers

Honestly use brave web broswer. Shits amazing and comes pre installed with ad block

this

A fucking script used as some programming language.

What advantages does it have? I heard it has built in bitcoin payments. Does it?

I'm using firefox and I'm 100% happy with it. Why should I try Opera or Brave over this browser?

Brave is still in the works right now and is kind of buggy. When they get their shit together then you can try it out if you want.

What advantages does it have over Firefox?
>blocks ads
So can Firefox with an ad-blocker.
Also what is this payment system about? Can I use it to buy stuff with bitcoin?

Holy fuck those are old

Holy fuck, I'm old.
I remember trying every single one of those.

Is your father disappointed in you, user?

> N-version Winblows
Do you also wipe your ass with sandpaper?

>have a laptop with 3GB RAM
>not a problem though, firefox only eats that much RAM when the browser has been open and leaking memory for weeks
>upgrade to firefox quantum
>multiprocess runs out of RAM and crashes every 5 minutes
why does everything have to be shit?

Palemoon anyone? No? Ok :(

It is actually pretty decent. Although as said before, the memory leaks (usage?) are worthy of concern. I have 16gb of ram so its not really an issue, but my internet browser with 20~ tabs open shouldn't be using close to 2gb of ram. It is very quick and very light on cpu usage though

I had the same problem here.

Now I'm using waterfox and don't have this problem anymore.

you probably will soon though

i guess i'll just move back to seamonkey

palemoon is fucking broken

>this
if you can't make a web page without javascript, it's because you're a bad designer

Here you go! Guaranteed lonely-man-child approved browser.
>webbie.org.uk/webbrowser/

>shiira
that was an awesome browser

Depends. Do you still want legacy extensions and do you like the UI Quantum has received?

Please leave.

try Iridium you fag

Am I the only one who can't update Iridium on Botnet OS from version 2017.10 to 2017.11? It just suggests either modifying, restoring or removing the browser, but modifying and restoring do nothing.

came here to post this

Because you can't convince a company large enough to write a good one, not to fuck it up so they can make money off of adverts and data. If they would write a browser that worked, and allowed you to just choose not to use JS, plugins, etc then we would have a good one. Mozilla has sold out a long time ago but maybe they had the potential to pull something like that off at one point.
I just want HTML, css, and images. Videos go through html5 these days so no need for flash and it's ilk. But it's a fucking pipe dream because there is money to be made in not doing that

Because you're an entitled brat.

Wow. She's built for the BBC

My Opera 12 can't figure out how to run webms anymore, it used to but now it cannot. Someday I'll upgrade and also remove the 700 botnets from my PC that jumped in through my infinite vulnerabilities.

Because html js and css are not sane.
How can any application be able to have all those specifications with a sane codebase?

I want a browser with

- modal, customizable interface (like vimperator &pentadactyl)

- built in ublock/noscript, sandboxed greasemonkey

- extensible for whatever else

this does not exist

ALL I'M ASKING IS FOR A FUCKING BROWSER THAT CAN HAVE 700 OPEN TABS WITHOUT RAPING MY RAM, FUCK YOU ALL INEFFICIENT DEVELOPERS, IF FOIREFOX 2.0 COULD DO IT, WHY NO MODERN BROWSER CAN??? GODDAMNIT ASS KILLED_CHILD.JPG

how is basilisk?

web luddites irl

brainlet here, Why not just download Firefox 2.0?

And before you answer 'security', just run it in a sandbox

Am I the only one having massively multicore hardware but setting Firefox to only use 1 thread for the lulz?

/thread

The web is such of a complicated monstrosity that there's no easy way for alternative web browsers to spring up

>use nightly
>have 16gb ram, but don't like that firefox is using too much
>try out ungoogled chromium
>install things that I had on nightly to make a comparable experience
>chromium, with seven tabs open uses 1.3gb ram
>it's as much as if not more than nightly
>mfw

>iBrowser
Kek

i've seen a lot of pajeets shilling brave
i know it fucking sucks because of chromium but i don't have any argument against it

the opposite of fire is ice
the opposite of fox is cat

Chromium rapes your RAM.
Firecucks rapes your RAM and your CPU.

please never post images like that again

please keep posting images like that again.

Recently ive been normie-fying the software I use. I use Chrome. Shit just werks

Opera stopped being good when it became a google chrome clone.

It's better than chrome in that it has a better tree style tab extension implementation. chrome/ium/iridium/brave/slimjet you have to use shitty secondary window garbage to have vertical tabs.

I loved Ungoogled Chromium but Windows development is dead. What the fuck am I supposed to use that's actually fast and not a RAMwhore?

QupZilla

edge is pretty comfy too

Lynx and links2 ain't shit.

Firefox 59

abaco, mothra

oh really? name one good browser ever since?

Doesn't exist yet, dumbass.

Its 2017, go download some RAM faggot holyshit if you don't have at least 32GB, what the hell are you doing with your life that's so inconsequential

please sometimes post images like that again

>hardware upgrade to look at web pages
kys

>sometimes I wonder whether the extra processing power is wasted on checking for exploits or sending data home.

Sending data home about checking for exploits.

And all the memery moves so quickly that it's a full time job for what we do have to keep up with it all.

I really hate the modern web, but Gopher is dead and UseNet is full of spam. Anyone know any good BBSs?

Just use lynx or w3m. Or maybe you could just disable JavaScript

This. Should have stuck with plaintext and then when computers became more powerful moved to PDF/PS.

>ctrl-f stainless
stainless was weirdly fast on powerpc. used to run it on my 12" powerbook G4 back in 2012 until the lack of any extensions got to me.
tenfourfox was never the same (but had adblock and flash at least)

/thread

k-meleon is pretty good, seamonkey second favorite

Vivaldi is great, you should check it

FF nightly it's on v59 you retard

Then make your own.

Blame the HTML/CSS/JS stack.

It is bullshit and you know it. If Brendan Eich had had his way, we'd be using scheme instead of JS and the markup language would just be all sexpressions. Eventually, web browsers would just be lisp machines.

Imagine what this would have done to that timeline's Chromebooks.

We don't talk about the browser-that-must-not-be-named here.

came here to third this

How about you stop opening 700 tabs you fucking idiot?