ITT: Ports you irrationally hate

ITT: Ports you irrationally hate

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-Type-C-Micro-USB-Fast-Charging-Charger-Cable-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-Plus/232380226217
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know it's supposed to be better, but fuck do I hate it

There is no need to hate Molex irrationally. It's definitively a shit port.

You're gonna hate the next 10 years bro

That fucker...

Fuck this thing, it's so easy for it to misalign and be impossible to insert

>insert
Nope.
>turn, insert
Nope
>turn, insert
Works.

Fuck whoever decided those cables had to be one way only.

what was the reasoning behind the male form-factor? it seems like every midi out has this

I like this only because it reminds me of my beloved musical keyboards

Why? I want 10 of them on the side of every device I have.

Charging, data, audio, video, etc.

If it gets standardized and everything uses it, it's going to be fucking great.

>irrationally
No need man, Molex is complete shit.
Easily broken pins
Easily to misalign
Easy to pull out wire by accident
Big connector for just 4 wires
Pins will disconnect if you look at it wrong.

fuck you nigger, MIDI is best

fuck this particular port for no reason

accurate

I don't fucking know, besides, OP said irrationally

Fuck that shit, I'm happy to see it replaced by a simple USB port.

I don't irrationally hate any port, but I do rationally hate HDMI and USB.

Not a port but

My SSD power one broke

ports with male pins

/thread.*

takes literally a fucking week before these things break. Fuck I hate them.

i used to display sick LED light combination and power motors with that port

I fucking hate usb so goddamn much.
It's the goddamn worst. I hate that it's now basically everything and everywhere and it fucking sucks donkey asshole. I don't understand why we wouldn't have come up with something better, easier to use, and let that become the standard. No. It had to be USB.

3.5mm >>>>> usb-c
360 degrees vs 2 ways

Maybe you shouldn't buy the 1 USD one on a chink shit website.

I know what two of these do

I have literally never had a usb cable stop working or break

I bought a $20 one once. Within a week, the pins stopped holding it in the port and within a month it wouldn't charge at all unless bent at a certain angle. I think they are just making them shittier now on purpose. I used to get one cord with my phone and have it for the life of the phone with no problems but the last year or so I can't go a month without fucking problems with these pieces of shit.

USB B? For non-mobile slaves.

>Corkscrew is better than can opener

Dubs checked.

Why? It's a 8-bit data port.
It doesn't get comfier then that.

Fan connector?

The connector isnt so bad but fuck trying to get that thing plugged in to the 2cm gap between CPU cooler and GPU

Xlr

I don't know what you're doing wrong. Never broe one of these in all the years I've used them.

Why do we still put up with this ugly ass connection

Corkscrew >>>>>> multitool

Tactile click.

Sure, if you're a literal retard who can't tell the top from the bottom by just glancing at it.

Have you tried not to shove them down your asshole? Asking for a friend.

That couldn't be less relevant to the issue.

I love the RJ45 cable. Not sure why.

The girth maybe, the click of it, the sturdiness compared to other cables.
I'm a network engineer and play more with ethernet cables than with my own dick and my wife's combined, and I like it.

I wonder what dumb normie you have to be to have irrational hate against a parallel port.

I assume the rest are just surround/sub but with amazingly bad labels.

If you're a literal retard, yes.

Last time I couldn't plug USB cord on my first try was about ten years ago.
It's like complaining that head-butting concrete walls hurts.

for me, it's the HDMI, the worst PC port.
WTF are those fuckers even supposed to do? Yeah, I get it, to connect your DVD player to your TV, so essentially, it's a less bad SCART, but why on gods earth do you put these fuckers in every PC and laptop? Back in the day, no one offered PCs with an inbuilt SCART connection, why do we get nuSCART everywere now?
It's fucking useless. I never encountered a monitor or projector that had it. They're all VGA, but yeah, VGA is gone thanks to that HDMI fucker taking up its space. SO i have to have a dongle with me, but guess what, that dongle is using the miniDP port. so I don't need HDMI. And, to add insult to injury, I occasionally need DVI too, and the VGA-DVI combo dongle always has HDMI anyways, so now I got two useless HDMI ports with me.
And when I finally use it to plug into my parents TV or my grandparents or uncles TV when I'm home to show them some pics, it always mangles the signal so that parts of the screen are missing, just as back in the day with a miscalibrated CRT, but unlike the CRT, I can't fucking calibrate the LCD monitor.
fuck this fucking HDMI crap.

HDMI was meant more as a multimedia thing for TVs and multimedia equipment.
For computers it was DisplayPort.

>HDMI was meant more as a multimedia thing for TVs and multimedia equipment.
Yes. And for this, it apparently works, but why must everyone insist on stuffing it in my machines, when it does not have a purpose and does not work anyways.

Don't listen to the other posters, micro USB is objectively a shit port. It seems almost intentionally designed to be easy to bend/break. I'm glad USB c has finally come around to release me from these abominable cables

Why are the pinouts arranged the way they are? Is their a purpose behind the layout or was it just lazy engineering?

Can't wait until this behemoth is replaced with something better. I'm hoping for a transition to edge connectors.

I know it was essentially just USB, but it's irrational hate right?

I've had to plug in many USB ports into computers that weren't mine. Or when the port is to the back and you can't turn the device around. This issue is real.

Why is it so hard to remove from your motherboard after you plug it in. I always feel like I'm gonna break my motherboard if I just pull a little bit harder

wiggle it as you pull, don't just pull it straight up

Bad bait. It's only good for audio. High speed digital signals need a steady contact, not a rotating axis.
It's true that there are some issues. But most of the time just bend pic related with a needle and they are good.

dafug is that?

Not that user, but it's an original eggsbogs controller port

an xbox controller port

irrationally you say? any of the round multi-contact ports, especially when they have such flimsy bendy contacts, that plugging them in always feels like you're breaking them somehow. midi, ps/2, s-video, I'm looking at you.

xlr and scart I'm weirdly ok with though... dunno why.

same, i was fine with DIN5, because the pins were thicc and didn't bend if you blindly insert and twist, but it's easy to bend miniDIN pins if you try to do that

also great thread OP

Compared to VGA, HDMI has the advantage to convey sound too.

Can't wait for the USB C supremacy tho.

Fuck you, VGA.

When I try to remove your ass, you have a fucking vice-like deathgrip on the screw. You either force me to get a screwdriver and risk breaking your SHITTY BRITLE plastic or you fucking rip off the mounting bracket in some unholy double suicide pact.

I'm interested in the single cable monitor scenario for usb-c.
How do you think that will work?
Will video card manufacturers just slap on another port?
Maybe dual in's to connect to the back of a power supply or to a separate add-in card?

I guess future GPU will have at least one USB C, and so will MB.
I already have several USB C port on my mobile studio pro and one on my laptop. I do use them for secondary monitors.

Don't think we're yet at a stage where the power supply will come from the desktop to the monitors. The classical power cable works just fine and is way less expensive to manufacture.

That being said, I don't think classic USB A will disappear, people will want to be able to use their flash drive, printer cable, etc.

Perhaps don't screw them in like a gorilla, you fucktard.

>Implying I have plugged in every VGA connection in my company of hundreds that has been in business since the 1800's.

You NEET shitlord, not everyone lives in their parents attic and never interacts with the outside world.

>my company of hundreds that has been in business since the 1800's
Is this a LARP?

>You either force me to get a screwdriver and risk breaking your SHITTY BRITLE

>he doesn't have a screwdriver/multitool/SAK with him all the time

VGA is the GOAT display connection!

good luck getting 24 connections on an axis.

It's usually no about how tight they were screwed in. The threads are fine and a little bit of tension on the screw will cause them to seize up. Make sure the cable is slack in the socket and unscrew everything straight on and it's no problem.

VGA has been around since 1700's my man.

>paraell port.
hate printer port.
k
I bit the fence with this one
its 2x as fast as usb 3.0 but ugly and small and looks fragile as fuck.

dunno lads.
very hard to remove or insert.
>implying that's bad.
no problem at all it just implys your a retard.

Okay got me there
No, i like this.

>fat cunt.
brute
no problem.

>firewire
what

OP said irrationally hate.
Micro USB is an abomination, it's not irrational to hate it.

patch cables*

You can't glance at it when you're trying to plug it into your printer behind your desk.

KYS nigger
That's the most lovable conector
RJ45 is the king in a sea of crap standarts, simply to plug, orgasmic click and easy to repurpose
Fuckin millenial

These fucks...
It's not just that we have to buy a shit ton of those at work because of retards that just pull on them thinking they're hdmi cables. No, it's also because of this shitty placement of the clip to press. Sometimes it's made so that if you plug it in somewhere and if you want to get it out again you just can't quite reach it..
Fuck I hate these

>
>>firewire
>what

>Replying to every single post in the thread
>Not reading and understanding all of them
what

It's not irrational if the connector is a poorly designed shit that can catch fire

Your PC/laptop is fairly NEW, therefore it comes with HDMI. Devices you are connecting it to are OLD. New and better standards have arose.

There should've just been a new DVI revision.

itt: brainlets

Just clean the port, you dump nigger.

It's not irrational actually
>only three pins
>asymmetrical slot which requires weird insertion angle
>bridge reduces bandwidth
>proprietary shape
>prone to tsunamis
>smells like chink shit

It's not happening.

But I totally agree. You can go to aliexpress right now and buy a nice DAC/AMP combo device that acts as a USB sound card for $20-50. The walnut's are fine and they are just $20. My Bluedio R headphones show up as a USB sound card if you connect them to a PC or laptop with USB.

Yet... there is not a single surround receiver that will act as a USB sound card at any price-point. You can make a $20 device do it but it's too much to ask from a $500 or $1000 surround receiver? Some have USB ports that let you.. connect a USB stick with files on it. Don't even get why they put USB ports on them when that's all they do.

The entertainment industry is trying to replace those 3.5mm ports with HDMI, not USB. And I don't like HDMI..

It doesn't really matter what HDMI was "meant" for. The reality is that there's almost no laptops with (mini)DisplayPort or USB C for that matter and a whole lot of laptops with a HDMI port. The same goes for computer motherboards, it's usually just HDMI and either DVI or VGA.

I don't like HDMI and I'd love to see a DisplayPort on everything but that's just not what we're stuck with.

>The reality is that there's almost no laptops with (mini)DisplayPort or USB C for that matter and a whole lot of laptops with a HDMI port. The same goes for computer motherboards, it's usually just HDMI and either DVI or VGA.
But why?
Apart from TVs, I never encountered a single HDMI port in the wild, and plugging your PC into a TV seems like something rarely done to me.
VGA is still king (rightfully so, I might add) and then you get a mix of DVI, display port and thunderbolt, fuck, even S-video is still around, but HDMI? Never seen that shit in the wild.

I feel you man.. I have around 20 just lying around in my room, I keep testing them to see if one of them works when I need one. i should really get a new micro usb cable

wtf no i love this thing
what is wrong with you?

Quite the contrary. The only people I know that have problems with USB type A appliances are drooling technological amoebas like my mom.

you mean.. some kind of... miniture DVI?

sure you can, 99% of the time, the "bottom" is on the right side of the case, looking at it from the front
so you glance at the connector, then you know which way to rotate it before putting your hand behind the machine

When molex has been plugged in for a few years the connectors develop a symbiotic relationship and refuse to pull apart.

How do you manage? I'm still using a 7 year old micro-USB cable for charging with no signs whatever of breakage.

If you want to keep on being gorillas, perhaps consider one of these?
ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-Type-C-Micro-USB-Fast-Charging-Charger-Cable-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-Plus/232380226217