Why is Firefox forcing default search engine to change to (((Google))) if you are currently using DuckDuckGo or...

Why is Firefox forcing default search engine to change to (((Google))) if you are currently using DuckDuckGo or StartPage as your default? Can Mozilla even be trusted anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-14/google-pays-to-put-search-engine-back-on-firefox-browser-in-u-s
youtube.com/watch?v=vA3OqkSX4QA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oh no, knock-off chrome is using google as its default search engine

Because Google pays Mozilla they have no other way to get money

>forcing
I don't think you know what this word means.

>not using ungoogled chromium
OP literally cannot stop sucking dicks
>faster than chrome
>more lightweight than mozilla
>more aesthetically pleasing than mozilla
>none of the jewgle botnet
Thank me later.
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

>asking a yes/no question
>forcing

Choose one

>not using Brave browser
>the only browser that supports the legalization of heterosexual marriage

This. It's also a main source of income for operating system makers.

>normally used Firefox for browser
>starts giving me near impossible captchas or says I didn't fill in Captcha despite in confirming I did and giving me the check mark
>eventually just stops giving me a captcha at all and saying there's suspicious traffice coming from my network despite me living alone
>use other browser and everything is fine
Google also controls the Captcha on this site.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

It's a fucking year behind normal Chromium.

iridium is the one you want if you want to use chromium. not some random guys outdated github without basic installers

Mozilla isn't being paid by Google anymore. They haven't been paid by Google since the Yahoo deal.

>leave no room at the top so I have to drag the browser on the edge like I'm a fucking mac cuck trying to resize a window

Yahoo deal is dead.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-14/google-pays-to-put-search-engine-back-on-firefox-browser-in-u-s

>default
can't he just change it?

You could also click 'Don't change', this doesn't make the purpose of the dialog any better.

The alt + drag action is so convenient.
Why can't wintarts into comfiness?

>wasting an useful combination on moving a fucking window

Jesus Christ Macucks.

setting browser.search.update to false in about:config should prevent the pop ups for a while

duckduckgo is legit trash

It will be fun the day google builds this smarter than human true AI, grown from the ground up with the only purpose of collecting all the data from everything it cans, and then get offended with one of the results of this AI, and then tries to implement a filter on the AI, just to have it revolt and leave google, with the end result being a search engine being served by many, many computers that is able to respond to every query, EVERY query.
Even things like "how to i assassinate the north korean president?".

>implying I've ever used a mac

unironically works better than google for me

Firefox is pretty disappointing. I find that the new rendering engine is pretty buggy since it causes elements on the page to sometimes stutter when you scroll. On Chromium it is silky smooth.

doesnt for me - most results arent relevant or just stuff i wasnt looking for.

Oh my god, I have to click a no button so Mozilla can milk some cash out of Google! THE WORLD IS OVER. GOD IS DED.

>having to press a keyboard button to drag a window with mouse
>convenient
what

>aiming at the window title bar instead of just pushing a button is easier
what what you dumbfuck?

No need to aim and your other hand is usually near the keyboard anyway. It's actually really nice. alt+right click to resize on some linux WMs is great too.

>Not using Pale Meme
This is the world you chose

Moving mouse to the top of the window is physical distance of two centimeters, and using a hand that already is in movement. Moving my hand to hold alt is ten times that, and the hand in a comfortable position away from the keyboard, so I lose that also. Requiring two hands to do the simplest task. Convenience. You people are insane.

>Wincucks dont even have their hands on the keyboard at all times
If I have to do ANY hand motion, its to lift my fucking hand off the home row to grab the mouse

My condolences.

>move mouse up
>overshoot the window bar by 3px
>move it down
>2px below the bar
>move it up
>click
>grabs the edge and starts to resize
>toss the mouse out the window

Never happened to you?

Honestly though, alt+click move + window snapping is the comfiest way to organize windows. Next to no aiming required, just throw shit around and it gets neatly packed next to eachother.

>having the competition on your payroll
>not anti competitive

god bless, ameridumb sheeple should just install chrome into their retinas when they are born

I believe I speak for literally everyone using a wm

these guys get it

but you my friend, , won't ever get it

>Never happened to you?
N-no.
Are you ok?
How do you even?

I don't get it. I am baffled.

How do I even what, user?

My mouse acceleration is pretty high. But try it sometime. Cinnamon and gnome shell, for example, handle this right.

Try what? Try your retarded mouse acceleration setting that makes you miss window bar twice in a row? With my setting, dragging the mouse at average speed from one corner of the screen to another is 3-4 centimeters. There's literally nothing else I could want from my mouse, definitely not the setting that makes it perform worse.

The alt drag, obviously.

Would you like to address the issues with it I outline in my post?

It's literally run by (((someone))).

This.

If your hand isn't on the keyboard and you don't mind aiming for the window bar then there's nothing to address, you're simply not the target public for this option. All I'm saying is try it before you diss it, because not needing to aim often is faster/comfier. Also you could always just bind alt to one of extra mouse buttons if you have one that has them.

Binding the window movement to an extra mouse key is actually a great idea. I might try writing an ahk script for this.

DuckDuckGo is literally ran by a guy who made his fortune selling user data to advertisers. Why anyone thinks it's more trustworthy than Google, I'll never know. They have essentially the same business model.

>firefox has gone to the dark side, NO, YES, NO

Thanks for reminding me Primus exists.

>proof: my ass
as opposed to
>proof on google: everywhere
theres your explanation, brainlet

Where is the proof for google?

link?

You're right, Google does not make money selling user data to advertisers. YOU FUCKING IDIOT

use Waterfox

>Press ALT
>VIEW
>TOOLBARS
>MENU BAR
You're welcome, but . . .
youtube.com/watch?v=vA3OqkSX4QA

You sound like that Sup Forumslack that thought Trump was posting Harry Potter memes but it turned out he had an extension installed the night before that changed all political names to Harry Potter names.
>Even Tails gets through captchas

>google is illuminati proxy that went rogue like mj12
>we deux ex now
>with none of the cool shit like cyborgs and nanomachines

This is the samefag from HN who claims DDG is Bing. Ignore him.

adnauseam

This kills the furry.

>2017
>not Bing™ing
Shiggy

Why? Because of soros donation maybe?

What i'm more pissed off about is that it won't let you get US-EN results anymore instead of regional results on google.
Had to download another search engine plugin to get them.

They’re on friendly terms with Google again? Nice.

I'm new here but what's so bad about Chrome anyway? I don't go to darknet websites

Make a fork of Pale Moon then
Call it Pale Meme

Iridium is faster than chromium

It's so good you can even access hell.com

just use iridium, its chrome without google spyware by a professional team

>click Don't Change
>nothing changes
0/10 made me reply

what the fuck is wrong with you ?

youre the person that accessibility options are for

Still a dark pattern, shill

Who do you think pays for fireshit to exist?

Pro tip: google have them $277million last year

Windows cuck mentality. If software is trying to sell you to someone, it should not be used if possible.

It has nothing to do with ddg or start page, it does the same thing even if you use a different but still google search engine.

t. I use Google NCR and it showed me the same thing.
[spoiler]I clicked "Don't change" and moved on with my life.[/spoiler]

>CuckCuckGo
>not dark side enough

>I'm too stupid to solve Captcha

>tried changing .html default app to anything other than Chrome on OSX
it just doesnt work! no way to fix this!