NN ilustrated ofr idiots

>I can use VPN
No you can not.

Made simple:
Every computer has a IP address like a telephone address.
So if your VPNs IP is 25 and wikipedias is 10 your ISP can block all traffic to 25.

There are 2 scenarios:
1) White list = no VPN forever
all connections to anything other then IP 10 AKA wikipedia are blocked.

2) Black list = the ISP plays whack a mole
How many VPNs are there? 20 ? 30?
Simply have a list of them and update it daily.

You might get a VPN who is not blocked however the next day its blocked.
Enjoy shit internet.

Literally everything you connect to must first go from you to 1 (ONE) physical wire that the ISP controls before your ISP allows connections to anything else.
NN prevented them from blocking connections to anything, now they can have fun!

Any questions?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/12/04/opinion/net-neutrality-overblown-concerns.html
chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/factcheck/ct-net-neutrality-fact-check-20171204-story.html
snopes.com/portugal-net-neutrality/
forbes.com/sites/joshsteimle/2014/05/14/am-i-the-only-techie-against-net-neutrality/#59d4990270d5
youtu.be/D4Ha_XjCuA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah nah I'm using my own VPS as a VPN server

Oh boy another google/netflix FUD thread

>dontcha know goyim, ISPs hate money. you might have heard that they love money, but they hate money.
>that's why they're going to enact a sudden paradigm shift that nobody wants
>and only the government can stop them!
>that's why you have to tell the government that they can't charge google and netflix themselves more for their bandwidth usage (them greedy bastids!)
>because that will lead to website packages

>VPS
We are sorry sir you must pay premium package to have a 25K+ connection to your server provider.

Did you think about buying a premium business package?
its only $666 a day.

You only need to pay to unlock one IP address.

Oy gevalt, I have a business to attend to, I'm switching ISPs

fuck off redditor

That's ok sir.
All of them charge the same.
Feel free to switch to pay the same under a different name.

Will never happen

What your retarded jpeg depicts is illegal. A business cannot forcibly prevent customers from accessing another business' products or services.

>ISPs won't make secret deals
Of course not. Why would they do that.

>dontcha know goyim, ISPs hate money. you might have heard that they love money, but they hate money.
Yes upgrading equipment costs money.
If you don't upgrade you save money.
If you start providing only the same service you save money.
If you decrease the capacity of the network and demand people pay you more(buy premium ultra gold business package to get the "I'm a literal nazi and want to access Sup Forums" option) you get more money.

Just change your DNS to google or FreeDNS.

My ISP blocks streaming and piracy sites, i changed my DNS and i can access them

I have a better illustration.

> is illegal
Congratulations.
you get it it was, under NN.
Now NN is going away.
> is illegal
>A business cannot forcibly prevent customers from accessing another business' products or services.
What the libertarians want more government regulation? I'm simply curious.

Too bad this IP address is only available in the "I want the whole complete fucking internet god damn it" package, which is the most expensive one

Not good.
You need to show that there is 1 (one) physical wire to the ISP.

Also you are not demonstrating that VPNs will be blocked and this is about explaining to the retards who spam
>Use VPN problem solved

nytimes.com/2017/12/04/opinion/net-neutrality-overblown-concerns.html

chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/factcheck/ct-net-neutrality-fact-check-20171204-story.html

snopes.com/portugal-net-neutrality/

Don't let pro NN shills fool you.

forbes.com/sites/joshsteimle/2014/05/14/am-i-the-only-techie-against-net-neutrality/#59d4990270d5

>You only need to pay to unlock one IP address.
And the ISP can literally throttle the IP you pay for to lets say 1K.
Have fun.
>DNS
I don't think you even understand what the difference between IP and DNS is.

No, you dumbfuck. No business in America can legally operate a business that DIRECTLY prevents another business from operating in a normal capactiy. Restricting access to websites/domains that are not owned by the ISP, and then charging people to access them, is illegal.

It's like two fruit stores operating side by side, the operator of fruit store A stands out the front of fruit store B and prevents anyone from entering or using fruit store B unless the customer pays fruit store A for access. This is illegal, and it has been illegal for fucking years.

You connect to your ISP's DNS and traffic runs through that. thats is where they have their white/black lists of IP's

If you change the DNS to googles, traffic is routed through there and the ISP's lists have no effect

>forbes
Seriously you are linking to pro corporate propaganda.

>A business cannot forcibly prevent customers from accessing another business' products or services.

Oh, they don't have to forcibly prevent it.
ISPs just literally have to fuck themselves over.
Right now, peering agreements between groups like AT&T/Level 3/Comcast/Etc. have no provisions for limiting connectivity based on what the requesting party wants. But without NN, When you, on AT&T, send a request that must traverse a comcast controlled part of the internet, they can track this information, since it would relate to their ability to determine if this connection "requires priority or not", to see what information you are getting/sending, and they can choose to slow this connection down to the point of timing out, while still technically allowing the connection. And there will be nothing you can do about it, as it's not YOUR ISP who is at fault. It's the fault of a group they have a peering agreement with, that they nullified when NN was abolished, in order to take advantage of new regulations, and to charge YOUR ISP extra money to prioritize traffic going to their network, versus their "standard" rate. Of 100 bytes per second.

Anyone who opposes Net Neutrality, has never had to setup or work on an Autonomous System. They don't understand the havok losing NN can cause to things behind the scenes.

>DNS don't have IP addresses they are magical

VPS on amazon would fix it. Because there is no goddamn way they would block Amazon.

>implying comcast/verizon would risk the PR disaster and boycotts nationwide if they pulled this shit.

retards.

>There is no way they block Netflix
Lets see about this.
You think why all the internet giants are going crazy over this?

Amazon = CIA

Top is with google DNS.

bottom is with my ISP default DNS.

Real World =/= Virtual World.

Your example is flawed, heavily.

Think of it more like:
You have an agreement with Fruit Store A, to purchase a set amount of products, for a set price, monthly. It would be illegal for Fruit Store A, to include in this agreement, a clause preventing you from purchasing from Fruit Store B, while under the agreement.
However...
You have an agreement with Transport Company A, to bring you your monthly goods from Fruit Store A. You tell them you want them to bring you goods from Fruit Store B, next week. They decline, telling you, that the agreement you signed only allows for pick ups from a certain block of stores (Which excludes Fruit Store B), but they'd be willing to expand your agreement for $XXX.XX more a month. This is legal. This is what your ISP can do, as part the agreement you have to sign to use their service.

By your logic, I could Sue any Taxi company that would refuse to drive me to the next city over, if they were legally allowed to, as they'd be denying me access to a business in that city.

What part of using a VPN on a CDN didnt't you get? Amazon and google basically host most of the internet by now. ISP's can't block them without fucking up their "packages"

Normies will be the ones suffering and actually OK with that.

1)Serious question are you a libertarian/ancap?
Because you are literally praising the government and government regulations.

2)
> then charging people to access them, is illegal.
They can now in the internet.

3)
>Restricting access to websites/domains
>It's like two fruit stores
I give you the official corporate propaganda
>That's outdated man.
>Its the internet man
>Things are different
>We can not let outdated regulations from the old times sniffle innovation
>Its like everything is different on the internet man!
>We need to change this old red tape form the stone age man!
>We need to get innovation man!
>GO innovation!
>Free markets!
>Deregulate!
>GO! internet!

TL;DR
ISP says internet =/= physical space.

Nice try shill

What is the IP address of the DNS you needed to configure your router to?

>My ISP blocks streaming and piracy sites, i changed my DNS and i can access them
Wow the future is now

I didnt touch my router.

>not getting the point
there's nothing to illustrate as there are no problems there

If you impliment website packages you piss off customers and lose money, whether the government allows you to or not
But you also lose money if your service is slow because your equipment can't keep up with demand
Most of this demand is coming from certain services
Well, you can't put that cost on customers without causing an outrage, so who do you put the cost on? The webhosts.

the webhosts are currently staging a massive astroturf uprising, spreading FUD about website packages and comcast banning you from Sup Forums for being a nazi/banning you from reddit for being BLM because they don't want five grand tacked on to their bill or face rate limiting, even though it would actually benefit customers if net neutrality were not present (as it used to be)

without it, ISPs just raise bills for EVERYONE to cover the the cost and the rich kikes at big website inc. sleep soundly since the layer of cash lining their ferrari's interior is slightly thicker than it would be otherwise

Not when the consumer has no choice but to pony up. Then you win, content providers lose, and so does the dumb idiot consumer who let this whole thing happen.

user. Please understand how the internet works.

The Internet is a number of networks assigned ASNs and IP address blocks by groups like ARIN, which are advertised via BGP protocol to directly connected Peers that accept the passed along information. This is how the Internet works, though a series of connected networks, all agreeing to talk to each other in a common lingo with common protocols.

ISPs are just networks with IP blocks, ASNs, and BGP routers along the "perimeter" of their networks, that at some point, physically link up to a BGP router from another autonomous system, such as one from another ISP, or transport company like Level3. This connection was physically run when the company, literally or figuratively, shook hands on an agreement to connect their networks, and share BGP information with each other, which are basically table of contents to the network, along with road-maps of how to get to each point, which propagates through the networks.

With no NN, Networks and ISPs can alter agreements with each other, inspect traffic for content, to be tolled accordingly by the other party, which your ISP either passes to cost to you for, or decides it costs too much, and doesn't agree to peer with that group anymore, or removes certain connections, to reduce what they have to pay.

>he doesn't know what a monopoly is
they aren't retards, you're just bending over for the fat cocc of corporate agenda

Speak english, cowboy. I don't know what the fuck you mean by pony up, but I can only assume that you're saying ISPs will force content packages and we'll have to like it, because it could happen, sorta.

>FTC steps in and says no, you're obstructing business
>consumers say wtf, give us the internet back
>FCC declaring the internet a utility not necessary
Oh well so much for that doomsday scenario

>no more 4ching
If it can get the incels out I'm all fine

youtu.be/D4Ha_XjCuA8
Do you children need another picture.
Exit node from your ISP to the rest

if user has premium package give full speed for package while exiting your network
if not then throttle it down.

Same for blocking simply don't process requests for blocked IPs if the users send them.

>Different speeds for internet you buy from your ISP are a myth!
>Them changing speeds on the same physical connection is a myth!
>Data caps are a myth and impossible!
I have no idea if you are this level of stupid or if you are shilling.

None of that changes what I said smart-ass. No self-respecting ISP will fuck up their agreements with the likes of Google or Amazon.

A monopoly would imply there is only 1 ISP in the entire country.

The backlash in the media and social media would make ISP's lose a lot of customers and money. Stock price would fall.

This
>tfw Polish
>tfw unlimited, unrestricted access to literally everything ever at 100 Mbps for 15$ a month
All because of muh evil Jewish user-abusing Net Neutrality

>can't connect to Sup Forums

Wouldn't be so bad to be honest.

I don't think YOU understand how this works. Networks are CONGESTED and need to be DECONGESTED. Thank GOD for Comast for making my internet FAST and CHEAP by charging big boy internet companies like GOOGLE and AMZON that make me use THEIR services via COMCAST'S internet.

bot post argument

couldn't you circumvent this with a Tor-based or similar distributed DNS though.

>He thinks users will be saddled with the additional charges
>Not ISPs, by other ISPs
>he thinks ISPs will suddenly start censoring and blocking everything as a great american firewall
>because the government wouldn't allow that to happen either

TOR or opera VPN could bypass any blocks they implement

user, you don't understand.

Your ISP may not have that agreement. They may go through a transport company, which may "fuck up" that agreement, which you suffer indirectly for. And they don't care what ISPs they piss off, because they NEED them to exist, or they have to physically connect up to a BGP router that connects to the data center Google/Amazon uses.

Let me say it outright.
After NN Amazon will be blocked.
Or massively limited in speeds like they did with other big corporations.

ofr idiots yb idiots.

How did you change your DNS?

How would this even be possible with the sheer amount of hosting AWS now entails?

You can just change the DNS used by your local machine. You only need to change the router's DNS if your local machines are using it as a DNS.

I fixed your reddit propaganda.

Internet companies generally have localized monopolies. If consumers want access to the internet they're going to need to pay for whatever service is available their area.

Consumers saying 'wtf' is not a magic way to make things happen. Despite the overwhelming negative response to the Title to declassification, it still was freight-trained trough. Even in the likely case that we don't hit the channel-based doomsday scenario, the damage that ISPs can do is still very serious. Also I find it ironic that so many people are complaining that every pro NN argument is a doomsday scenario, and support their own argument with a doomsday scenario Ala the gubbment is going to ruin the internet! when there's been zero evidence to support that claim whereas there has been plenty support ISPs abusing their position as dumb pipes.
>inb4 "but the fcc's public comment system had bots that said they hated net neutrality!"

Insane rambling.
Simply ignore the retarded libertarian.

This would actually be funny if it made sense. Or if it were funny.

Yeah you're right, I can't for the life of me remember silicon valley actively attacking DNS domains, Cloudflare accounts and social med--

OH WAIT THAT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR THREE FUCKING YEARS.

while NN may fall, there would still be anti collusion laws

nobody's shilling for shit but you cock gobbling faggots covering Sup Forums in your crybaby white knighting for internet megacorps that are scared of losing ad revenue and user data for resale

There's no need for secret deals, all of them will profit from restricting access. Besides, that's assuming you live in a big city and have more than one ISP in the first place.

wouldn't be in the whitelist

Tor ips won't be in the whitelist.

Reddit was told by their blue hair colored dykes to get the "right winged nazis" on board with NN so that they can continue censoring everyone by labeling them names once they get what they want.

Just fucking say no.

Wow, there was zero substance in this post. Just like this post your brain, too, has zero substance. You are an empty shell of a person who has no idea what they're talking about.

>or they have to physically connect up to a BGP router that connects to the data center Google/Amazon uses.
99% of all ISP's on the world are connected directly to Google and Amazon.

>Wow
Would you please just fuck off back to pleddit already? You fuckers sound like fucking Mormons.

>Muh free market myths

>The backlash in the media and social media
And its not now?
People are complaining over this everywhere.
However you shills will continue to shill.
Because you have libertarianism and
libertarianism = retardation + autism + corporate propaganda

>if the government prevents ISPs from double dipping on their network then the internet will be full of trans trash and gays
>anyone who is against Ajit Pai listened to some blue haired dyke on reddit
Critical thinking is not your strong suit is it? Good for the companies.

Are you 12?

TOR will be blocked like every other VPN.

And guess why are they congested? Because they're false advertising. They physically can't provide speeds they're selling, not for everyone. Instead of forcing them to actually improve infrastructure removing nn just gives them a way to quickly grab cash and basically legalizes this kind of false advertisement.

>Fuck you leddit lol Mormons, etc
You did it. You defeated the liberals. Somebody get trump in here.

hook image

>People are complaining over this everywhere.
In the internet maybe, most people just wake up and go to work they don't really care, to be honest I am one of them, don't care about this garbage nor trump bullshit

But you could use a similar peer-to-peer tech like DHT, and distributed, encrypted technologies like cryptocurrencies are too big now to block.

I'm for net neutrality on principle, but I strongly doubt that it would realistically be all that difficult to circumvent. Even the Great Firewall isn't that tough to defeat; the real danger is that the Chinese government can suddenly decide to care when people they don't like do it.

How exactly did you do it on the local machine?

All those ips won't be in the whitelist. Do you even I understand what the word "whitelist" means?

what substance is there in your hysterical rambling, propagandizing and shitty jew meme edits

what substance even is there in your post I'm quoting that's just a grammatically correct three-sentence primal screech

at least I have a message: fuck off and stop spamming Sup Forums with your brainlet facebook tier political slacktivism

go sign some more petitions, spam some more websites and enjoy having Pai's dick up your ass when it gets repealed anyway, you'll roll over like the rest of the plebbit dipshits who don't know how to do anything but cry and whine in hopes that someone high up enough gets annoyed suitably to make a change in some direction or another

>Le typo pointing out MEME.

>Reddit invasion
>Reddit languages
>HURRRR Are you 12
>Critical thinking is not your strong suit is it?
>Reddit smarm
>And guess why are they congested?
>Reddit smarm

No one is buying it. You spammed the FCC with 440,000 comments for NN and you really think we will believe you're not a PSYOP?

I'll take the 2015 internet over the religion you're selling.

man oh man, are you sold

This dose not even make sense.
>reddit propaganda.
Did you know reddit wants you to drink water?
Stop drinking water or you are trusting reddit propaganda!

>muh reddit

Shut the fuck up retards NN has nothing to do with reddit.

Enjoy destroying the internet because of some blind belief in a political echo chamber that facilitates zero critical thinking skills of your own.

And ISPs spammed 14 million against NN(it was literally the same text with a few words replaced by synonyms). Your point?

There have been countless studies that reduce the number of unique comments down to something like %17 posted. Both proponents and challengers of NN have posted comments in bulk, but the 17% has a common theme of being overwhelmingly in support of NN across almost all studies. Not that that matters because I'm sure you're too interested because you're throwing a hissy fit on a technology board against some invisible reddit boogeyman.

And you think magically after their websites will be turned off they will be more?

I am fucking sick and tired of the NN-pushers from pleddit invading Sup Forums after they got their shit kicked in at Sup Forums.

To echo the talking points you used to silence millions for years, the ISPs are private companies so go shove a stick up your ass and get over it shitlibs.

ISPs have a right to throttle traffic using QoS, I'm sick of having a slow connection because some Netflix-consuming redditard is watching his favorite establishment-brainwashing series while I'm trying to download books to read and conversing with other gentlemen.

Why not kill yourselves already? Why do you even live if all you can do is shill for content providers to have a monopoly position over content delivery networks? Both are private companies (they're not by the way, they're PUBLICLY traded companies, but I'm using your reddit-retard terminology so it goes through your tiny skulls) why do you prefer one over the other?

Could it be because they pursue your liberal agenda with their censorship and you're afraid that the shoe is about to go on the other foot?

>pleddit, slacktivism, brainless
Holy shit the buzzwords. Isn't this more leddit than anything on here?

>countless studies
>Reddit can't help using nonsensical adjectives
>Can't actually link information
>Actually trusts "studies"
Wow reddit really is a nightmare to browse why is it leaking into Sup Forums?

>Great Firewall
>Chinese government
Try The peoples Democratic Republic of Korea.
No one ever escapes outside.
They have internet and you can visit their websites.

Republicans are against everything democrats want by default for some reason. He's probably one from Sup Forums. There is no read argument against NN so he resorts to namecalling and >reddit because they are trying to do something about this shit.

I'm not even from the US btw. US politics are hilarious to me.