Is this a Russian botnet or what?

Is this a Russian botnet or what?

Can't a company like this sue for libel or something because it's not proven? Not a Russian shill btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

kaspersky.co.uk/small-to-medium-business-security/endpoint-linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We can't study its source so that's unknown.

I know, this is why I'm asking about suing because they're losing business on the grounds of ... nothing, some gov organisation trying to shift responsibility for their own failures.

Wasn't it able to detect and remove some of those NSA/CIA spookware installations? Can't say whether or not it's still a Russian botnet though.

Yes. There's actually a Russian spy under your bed as well. And Trump is just Putin in a fat suit. Now don't you wish you'd voted for Her?

I'm with Him.

Did they release the code as they promised?

It's not a Russian botnet, but it has developers that are sympathetic to Russian national interests. Typical Russian trickery, but just like the US, if it can't make a deal it can go undercover just like any other sophisticated state-actor crafted malware.

Better than an American botnet

this
american botnet = jewish botnet and you don't want to support the jews

>is not CIA
>is not FBI
>is not USA botnet

Good for me :)
Also, install gento you fucker.

the whole recent story with Kaspersky reeks of propaganda.
>an NSA contractor writing malware brought his work home, Kaspersky detected it and sent it back for cloud analysis
>mossad kikes illegally penetrating said cloud and seeing the same files, report it to US, also mention that FSB hackers are supposedly doing the same thing
I fail to see how Kaspersky did anything wrong here and its not like they are willingly giving spy agencies access to the files, just that their cloud frontend probably needed to be further hardened, if anything this is a testament to how good their product is when it can detect new strains of malware with their heuristic engine before they are even published.

>proprietary shitware
lmoa

well according to the cia leaks at vault7 cia has a tool that can act as any program they wish when they siphon data
i guess kaspersky could detect that and they used their tool as an excuse to blame the ruskies

Kaspersky is the company who originally discovered the Stuxnet worm which was developed by the US and Israel.

The US didn't like that so now they slander them as much as possible.

You're making me wish I could install kaspersky on my linux install

Cyber warfare boys

>they're losing business...
it is completely the opposite my friend

HERE YOU go friend

kaspersky.co.uk/small-to-medium-business-security/endpoint-linux

BASED!

Many antiviruses may send files for further inspection (windows defender, avast, etc.). It's turned on by default in those programs, but you can opt out from it in options. In Kaspersky, AFAIK, it's called KSN, which you either agree to or not during setup (but can opt-out later). So, if you disable KSN, it shouldn't be using "botnet".

The thing is, it should be relatively easy to monitor software's communication and see whether it is sending a lot of data somewhere. So you can't typically hide this activity, and it would be dumb to do for certain companies and little to gain.

>sending a lot of data somewhere.
they dont need to to this. they can just sent once a day some meta data

All I'm saying is, there are security experts out there that monitor popular software for suspicious connections, that there would be not much to gain, but a lot to lose in case of any serious company, especially security company.

But if it sends data once per day during its update checks or something like that, how do we know if it's sending my data (or metedata) or just its regular communications?

ideally it should not send anything just download updates. and again you're never going to be sure what those updates are.

such bitch is the life. no other way around. except muh gentoo

>Can't a company like this sue for libel or something because it's not proven?

Why do you think they don't sue for libel?

Kaspersky is the official antivirus of Jackie Chan

Dont you want to belike Jackie Chan?

>Why do you think they don't sue for libel?
Geeeee I wonder who could be behind this "opinion"

picked the fuck up