What's the benefits between 144hz and a 60hz monitor? I'm still using a 60hz monitor and it is great quality...

What's the benefits between 144hz and a 60hz monitor? I'm still using a 60hz monitor and it is great quality, runs smooth, and plays games without trouble.

Is 144hz a scam?

>Is 144hz a scam?
No, you actually get a monitor that updates 144 times a second. Not that you can perceive it, though. . .

No. It's one of those things you have to see for yourself to believe it's good and worth it. Just like a 30 and 60 HZ monitor. You don't know 60 hz is worth it and how much of a difference it makes until you switch from 30 to 60.

its just as noticeable if not more so than switching a youtube video from 30 to 60fps

retards
go get your eyes checked if you cant see the difference

If you ever run into an 85Hz monitor buy one. I read and have then proven on a CRT that the human eye responds exponentially to the raise in cycles per second, so 72Hz is already notably smoother than 60Hz, which in turn is far inferior to 85Hz. But beyond 85Hz I couldn't tell the difference anymore, I played CSGO on 85Hz and 120Hz but couldn't tell which was which.

So 144Hz is a meme yes but 60Hz is horrible and we're only used to it because it's the standard.

As someone who has a 120hz ultrawide and a 165hz monitor, I can't tell the difference past 120hz. I'm pretty sensitive to screen tearing and other visual fuck ups because I work with video on a regular basis.

I suppose there are those that could see a difference and I thought I'd be one of them, but thats not the case for me.

There is a very real and obvious difference in general mouse movement and game smoothness if you go from 60hz to something higher, though. I had originally tried to get a second monitor that was 60hz but it was just disgusting using it after being with 120hz for so long.

Not a scam, nor a necessity

Image resolve speed isn't a property that can be physically checked or fixed in your eye, dumbass.

you are literally silver if you cant tell the difference in a game like csgo

Got global with 50hz

The difference between a 144Hz monitor and my 60Hz refresh rate laptop is like night and day. I'd pick 1080p 144Hz over 2k or even 4k 60Hz any day of the week.

i think its more of a feeling than what you see even though it's not a huge difference you can feel that it's more responsive in high speed games

Main trouble is 144hz begin market to gamers used TN panels.

>the human eye cant see more than 60fps

If God wanted us to see in 144hz he would've given us better GPUs

i have a 144hz monitor and once you go 144hz you can't go back, it looks so choppy at 60 fps.

I'm sure it does : ^ )

TN is better for gaming because it has lower input lag than IPS.

You think 60Hz looks smooth because you've never seen anything higher. It's quite jarring going back to 60Hz after experiencing a high refresh rate monitor. What once looked butter-smooth now looks much less so.

Input lag comes from display controller, TN better refresh rate over IPS.

OLED has refresh time 1-2milliseconds.
MicroLED has refresh time 50-100 microseconds.

It's obviously much LESS noticeable than switching 30 to 60 fps, but noticeable non the less.

No. +120 hz is noticeable. even just moving your mouse "feels" and looks different. You have to experience it.

I can't exactly go out and buy a 240hz oled monitor
mLED not until 2020

People ITT are dumb.
You can't really "see" above 24Hz, you can obviously see a difference between a 24fps video and a 60fps video if you really look for it. But it is very difficult to see, as you are a PASSIVE observer of the content. It will only make a difference in certain types of fast scenes in a video.
In video games you are an ACTIVE observer of the content. You can see the difference in terms of reaction times and such, but perhaps more importantly is how it feels, not how it looks.
60hz "feels" like it has higher input lag as a consequence, it "feels" choppy if you control your movement through a game at 60hz vs 120hz or 144hz.
The difference is also there visually, but the main difference is in how it feels. The visual aspect is harder to see (especially when your lights are on, as those are flickering 60 times a second and that will offset some of the visual gain from the 144hz)

Good new shitpost content.
Saved.

higher refresh rate = less headaches

It's actually really well informed. This guy knows about the human visual and motor system.

Kek

KYS

i can overclock my 60hz monitor to around 80hz

is it worth it?

i bet you no one can pass a double blind test on 24fps vs 144fps

The human eye can only see at 24 FPS.

>Is 144hz a scam?
No but only if you do things like playing FPS games and have a computer that can actually push that many frames.
>I'm still using a 60hz monitor
Check if you can overclock it to 75Hz. Many can be.

Until anything on the screen starts moving that is.

144hz is really noticeable unless you have genetic sight problems.

What kind of question is this OP? Go to a store and compare.

>playing FPS games

144hz is amazing for retro emulation. Black frame insertion creates super smooth motion, almost CRT-tier.

When CD players first came out, I got one and it didn't sound all that much better than my cassette tape player. A little, but barely noticeable.

Then a few days of listening to my new CDs later, I put a cassette back on. I couldn't unhear the noise and distortion and that damn hiss. Or, on crappy tapes, the very quiet backwards playing of the other side of the tape.

Basically, it takes a little while to see if you really know or care about the difference. IMO it's safe to be a generation behind on that kind of thing.