Have i been scammed?

I needs your help anons seriously. While i was browsing a website. Some window suddenly opened up and told me that my laptop has been infected with a malicious virus, and that it will delete my hard drive i don't call a number for support. When i called that number an Indian dude told me to download some called ''go to assist''. When i downloaded it my laptop seemed to move on it's own. That's when i realized he was controlling it and was looking through my browsing history. I then did a forced stop of the laptop by turning it off manually, then i opened it again. The i wanna know is does he still can go through my laptop and have i been scammed? If so, then what do i do?

stupid frogposter

Why the fuck did you interfere with their work? You want your laptop fixed or what? They can't help you if you choke your fukken laptop.

Call them back, apologize and let them finish their job.

Dumb ESL frogposter

Ugh, dump frogposter. Anyway, I’ll be nice and help you. You should call them back and let them finish their job, that’s the onky reasonable thing to do. Also, while you’re at it, you shoukd apoligize for force stopping your computer.

>not trusting Indians
You some kind of racist, OP?

If you can't lewt the nice it guy help you then you deserve all the botnets you've already been infected with beforehand. He was only trying to help you.

Disrespectful piece of shit.

He was only trying to help you.

You're a dumb frogposter of course you've been scammed.

>old people are posting frogs now

Oh ffs all i wanna know if he still can access my computer.

pajeet shill detected

honestly
sit in an elevator that will act as a faraday cage
transfer all important files to an external hdd
reinstall windows

Tbh, yes

Honestly not even sure if troll or retarded

What do i do then? I don't have anything important in it like credit card number, or something like that. It still has a lot of personal information in it though.

I'm not trolling.

Install Gentoo

Oh fuck you too.

unironically delete system32

if you install gentoo,
the pajeet wil apologise to you.

Ok, seriously though, you should install some GNU/Linux distribution. Linux Mint is pretty good for starters, as Ubuntu had a big downgrade not too long ago.

you are either a turbo brainlet or older than my grandad either way kill yourself

You have no idea

Just disconnect your computer from any networks, back up any data you need and do a clean install of your OS

calm down Rajeev

Ok thanks.

boot linux off a flash drive and restore from your last backup point.
...You DID backup, right?

Linux is a kernel.

You could try to uninstall the thing you downloaded. What was the name of the thing you installed?

Do a malware scan to find any rootkits.

Make sure to stay disconnected, and if you're on windows 10 do an offline scan. For now stay disconnected. and don't trust ads at all, especially if they are a pop up. No microsoft won't call you at all and no one will give you a free iphone.

also you're a retard for trusting anything with a dark skin

This is just sad. Do a clean windows install and lose all your data to be safe or try save it what's most important, whatever. He's probably over you after realising you've nothing of value. Maybe he's using your computer to mine as we speak.
I got that same message once. Really you should have looked up info before doing anything. People are trying to scam everyone all the time. Hope you learn from this

it should be fine, he was going to encrypt your data then ask you for ransom
you have not been scammed as long as you didn't give him moneys
run a malware scanner to be sure he didn't install anything scammy

Call him back, apologize and propose and make them an offer they couldn't refuse.
Thx me later.

>even Sup Forums posters are so retarded that they think these are legit

Why be so rude? Call back and apologize and let him do his work

I have nothing of monetary value on my laptop. I do however have personal information like my passwords and email accounts. I just want to make sure he can't access my laptop. Keep in mind that i did a hard manual reboot once i saw him looking through my browsing history. Does that mean he can't go through my laptop, or is it too late? I just want him off my laptop. The thought of some scammer looking through my personal information creeps me the hell out. I have Avira. Is it enough?

yeah, uninstall whatever he made you install, run avira and you should be gucci

>the absolute state of Sup Forums

Off-topic but do you have a vagina perchance?

Take a cleanex wipe and wipe your hard-drive. It'll fix everything and isn't as bad as people say. They say you shouldnt turn off ur PC while wiping tho

The thing he made me install is something called '' Go to Assist''. Once i did my hard manual reboot and started the laptop it literally uninstalled itself. Should i be worried about that?

No man, looking at browsing history is standard operating procedure. He's going to block known malware sites, how else would he know what to block if he doesn't know what sites you visit?

Dumb frog posters can't even let people do their job.

Yes i'm a dudette.

>Go to Assist
look at running programs and processes to make sure it is not running anymore, use malware scanner to make sure it didn't install malware and you're good

How are people this stupid?
Not sure if I should pity this treat it as bait even though it's probably not or be disgusted and abusive because someone is so dumb

I tried to access my google account, but it says there has been something suspicious and i need to change my password. Do i do it?

Whats in your browsing history that made you jump to reboot so quickly?

It's also telling me it stopped a suspicious attempt to access my google account. What do i do?

It also showed me this.

It isn't the fact what's in my browsing history that me jump. It's the fact the moment he control of my laptop that was the first thing he started doing. A Microsoft employee wouldn't do that. So i figured out he was a scammer.

Do as they say. Though its pointless if he's still able to view your screen. You should active 2 key verification now. So if someone from another PC tries to enter or whatever they need the key/pin that's sent to your cellphone.
Also answer my question... Baby

Check activity. I'm interested

chang pasword, make sure you have 2 actor authentication
use phone for second factor authentication as attacker migh have access to your email account

I checked it and this what it showed me. The cunt is in Berlin,Germany. Is there any way i can report him?

>2 actor authentication
What's that?

a system that makes you answer hollywood trivia questions before you can log in

Oh okay. Is it really useful

>Indian voice
>Berlin
I dunno if to think proxy or just accept it as the absolute state of German :/
Maybe you could contact google and they could try something.
It sends you an SMS to see if you really are trying to login. So if someone tries to login into your account you know. And he can't access it without knowing the pin sent to your phine

>Oh okay. Is it really useful
Yes
Noice
>pic related for you

Okay i did the 2 actor authetication thing. what do i do now?

He still has access to your computer and technically any computers that are on your network. So if you have home Wi-Fi called "home Wi-Fi" he now has access to all of those computers. Whats even worse is he has access to them at the hardware level.

What do i do then?

also can he use my computers camera to see me and listen to what i say?

I dunno. You should be fine now. Just follow what everyone else said. Not much now. Just be more careful in the future. Though I wasn't joking when I said before you should do a clean install of windows to clean everything up. Just move the absolute important shit to an external or your other PC/laptop and wipe your hard drive. Atleast you'll have that clean feeling of an uncluttered computer now. And also piece of mind that this won't come back to bit you in the future.
>Whats even worse is he has access to them at the hardware level.
What that mean? You still fucking around or are you stupid?
Change your WiFi password. But I think he's just fucking. But as I said before your probably just wasting your time if he's still spying on you now.
>Hot...
Yip, probably the only reason he does this

The only thing you can do is throwaway the computers or not use them, that is, unless you know how to get rid of malware at a hardware level.

>also can he use my computers camera to see me and listen to what i say?

Oh for sure, I don't know if you watch the TV show but this happened in season 1 of Mr. robot, that show is based on a very realistic depiction of hacking and how computers work.

This user has the right idea However changing your Wi-Fi password isn't going to help you, the attacker likely has a keylogger on all of your machines at this point, whatever you change the Wi-Fi password to, the attacker will just see it.

So i need to get rid of my laptop, Wi-Fi and phone to be 100% sure he can't spy on me anymore?

I'd hate to say it, but pretty much. Alternatively you can run the risk of this guy always spying on you, he is a pajeet, he isn't going to do shit other then jerk off to your pics.

Your phone is fine. So should your Wi-Fi modem.
The keyloggers just let's him see what your typing in. Just do a clean windows install and wipe everything
When you say hardware level you don't mean a windows clean install wipe won't work do you?

>Just do a clean windows install and wipe everything
What happens if i don't do a windows reinstall?

You might as well send us tits for our troubles since they'll be plastered all over the internet anyways.

Okay i'l do it. Thanks. Is there any way to get rid of the keyloggers?

I dunno. Look on the internet. Though wiping your hard drive should do the trick.

Is a format good enough? or do i really need to do the windows reinstall?

honestly you should be good as long as virus scanner does not find anything
these remote tech support type of scams seem to usually rely on encrypting your stuff then ransoming you for it, they are executed by low skill pajeets and target tech illiterate easy targets
reinstall OS if you're really paranoid about it, but in this case i suggest you take this opportunity to try buntu and not worry about this kind of things in the future

Yeah a format will wipe everything. But if its just to format the hard drive and leave windows intact it probably won't work cause you can hide viruses in the windows program files. What's wrong? You don't have windows disc?
Just clean install and windows will automatically clean the hard drive. Just click on the thing that says you don't want to save your files and clean everything.

This was me
Yeah this guys actually right hey. I'm actually just being overdramatic. Try installing malwarebyte and some other free antivirus and do a scan. They'll probably give you a free trial for a few days
>he isn't the guy that's hacked your laptop

I'm using Malwarebytes right and this is what it's showing. Am i good?

Malwarebytes has detected malware in my laptop. What do?

>Am i good?
no, it already found dodgy stuff
wait for it to finish, tell it to delete the malware it found then redo analysis
repeat until no more malware

I would do a scan in safe mode desu

What's the difference?

>safe mode
Yeah people always recommend safe mode but I never listen. But OP if your still para you could try that if you notice anything dodgy happening to your PC in the next week or so
Its bound to find tons if you've never used it before. Just click on clean and it'll delete it all
Redo scan afterwards

Safe mode shits down a lot of windows shit. Like it shuts down internet access and a lot of other non essentials. Its more stable and better to do things as other processes Don't get in the way

Ok i quarantined all the malware. Is that enough?

delete malware, re run scan until no malware

>posts frog
>asks if he's dumb

Okay deleted it all. Checked no malware. Now what?

Yes, you have been scammed. There is only way to be 100% sure that pajeets will never haxxor you again. Scare the curry eating street shitters away for good and install Loobuntu!

now change passwords for various online services you've used recently, enable 2 factor when possible
you can look into password managers to make this easier

also be on the lookout for weird stuff happening on your computer, unexpected crashes or weird processes in process manager
in doubt, update malwarebyte and redo a scan
in the future don't let random people remote access your computer, make sure you have an adblocker and don't click on fishing links