What's Sup Forums's experience with Solus?

What's Sup Forums's experience with Solus?

It's not bad.
Looks nice and the devs put a lot of effort in.

I tihnk it's underrated.

It was okay. Good memory footprint, decent software selection, speedy and responsive. But it wasn't made for advanced users a lot of stuff that comes pretty installed with most distros like g++ have to be installed and I was getting weird driver bugs. So I switched back to Ubuntu.

What about the repos?
Does it have playonlinux?
Does it have a lot of packages?

They put much effort in to give it more packages this year. Of course it's not Debian-like, but for it's age really has a big set of packages. Unless you are looking for something exotic you shouldn't run into issues.

I'd say give it a try and see for yourself. Worst thing that can happen is that you wasted 2 hours of your prescious life. Personally I dont like the gaymer-like mouse icon, but that's just me also it's easy to fix.

Fuck off Kevin

it's not that bad
my only gripe is that there's no way to remove orphaned packages (you have to do it manually)

Not enough packages and PPAs.

Also I don't get it. It's like rolling Ubuntu except every company releases things for Ubuntu and not for Solus.

It's ok, it's GUI was a clusterfuck. Won't touch it again until they migrate to Qt

t. Kevin

Meme distro
Install gentoo or debian (net iso)

>10 replies
>9 posters

>he doesn't know

>implying it's a good thing to put all eggs in one basket
>implying choice is a bad thing

Could you explain this "kevin" meme to me?

I used it months ago I found it was the only App Store like package manager that was usable. I was a little surprised to see that they maintain packages for openrct2 and openxcom. I think they're also prioritizing steam integration so they're doing more towards being a gamer friendly distro than anyone else. I think I want to stall it on a virtual machine again see what progress they've made for packaging. They still don't offer a KDE edition though. Last time I checked during the summer you're looking switch budgie over to QT had an experimental repo with kdenlive and some other basic KDE stuff.

Running it on a SP3, pretty comfy, the stylus works great in Krita.

Dead project before it began.

> t. Lefebvre

> they're doing more towards being a gamer friendly distro than anyone else

Ubuntu = sudo apt install Steam

>Ubuntu = sudo apt install Steam
yes, and its absolute shit. which is why Solus is putting more effort into it than anybody else

KEEEEEEEEVVVVVIIIIIIIINNNNNNN

>effort
Making a good looking and stable GUI for installing normie software is actually very easy. Canonical and GNOME devs are just idiots.

no you dumb fag. Steam on linux by default uses old and outdated libraries from 2014; Solus by default uses updated system libraries and not the ones packaged with steam, silly faggot

How new are you?

>dumb faget xD
Kys

>kys xD
dumb faggot

Kys

Solus will easily make the best Plasma distro once it's actually available. Been waiting for that for a while now though.

INSTALL SOLUS OR YOU'RE MOM GAY

Would you say it's soulless?

no, it's the final solusion

>final solusion
mfw

I tried to install Chromium but it wasn't in their repos. Found the package request for it but one of the main devs shut it down with "just use Chrome". Did a ATA secure erase after that and never looked back