Minix is the most installed OS in the world because INTEL is spying on you

With the transition to multi-core processors, and multi-core processors with integrated core-logic (chipset), the need arose for a low-level SoC embedded into the processor with just enough compute power to make sure all the components you pay for start-up and function as advertised.

Enter the Intel ME (management engine). This is a full-fledged computer within your Intel processor, which isn't exposed to you. It runs on its very own tiny x86 CPU core that isn't exposed, and its software is driven on an infinitesimally small ROM and RAM. Since you can't have software without some sort of operating-system, Intel chose MINIX for the job.

Google wants to remove MINIX from its internal servers
According to Google, which is actively working to remove Intel’s Management Engine (MINIX) from their internal servers (for obvious security reasons), the following features exist within Ring -3:
-Full networking stack
-File systems
-Many drivers (including USB, networking, etc.)
-A web server
That’s right. A web server. Your CPU has a secret web server that you are not allowed to access, and, apparently, ((((Intel)))) does not want you to know about.

techpowerup.com/238514/intel-cpu-on-chip-management-engine-runs-on-minix

Other urls found in this thread:

undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20070913014315
libreboot.org/faq.html#amd-platform-security-processor-psp
youtube.com/watch?v=Nol8kKoB-co
community.amd.com/community/amd-corporate/blog/2015/05/11/amd-s-security-strategy-decreasing-digital-dangers
uefi.org/sites/default/files/resources/UEFI_PlugFest_AMD_Security_and_Server_innovation_AMD_March_2013.pdf
mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2014-August/078489.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>spying on you
bullshit, it's just another murican cold war thing, backdoor everything

Who /team AMD/ here? Feels good not having a joint American+Jew backdoor in my computer

>spying on you

lol no

>that feel when CD

AMD is just as backdoored buddy.

Not really, nice FUD shill.

Do you have a source to back uo that claim? One that proves that it does contain a backdoor not some theoretical shit

how do we fight intel for our freedom?

enjoy your platform security processor

>BSD license
cuck license strikes again

You're one month late you fuckos delete your thread now, we already got dozen of these last month.

(((You)))

Nope, MINIX is public domain.

>heheh yes goy, too much awareness is bad

he probably saw today's Lunduke episode and thinks this is his facebook

Last I checked, BSD is not public domain, kike.

why do goyim not want us to know everything about them? do they have something to hide? oy vey!

the state of nu-Sup Forums, it may be time to leave this shithole.

>today's Lunduke episode
not OP, and I have no idea what this is, but if you know, then you've watched it, retard.

>secretive companies
why is it that if I wanted to start a company the require me to publish my home address, and if I have one office address, in the public domain where anyone can look it up basically meaning to start a company I have to forfeit any privacy, meanwhile they are allowed to run "secretive" companies?

because jews own the USA, they are above the law.

>last I checked, BSD is not public domain
except it is, there are 4+ variants of BSD license, the 2 clause is considered public domain equivalent. Because "public domain" isn't acknowledged globally, it's usually categorized as BSD family.

I didn't mean to ask only about jews or israel, I mean the elite in general seem to openly have this "rules for the not for me" or "those who have the gold make the rules" type of mentality.

Public domain requires an expiration of copyright, which is nowhere near due for MINIX.

We already got a thread here

>*BSD once exported out of canada cant be reimported

the fuck...
fuck this commie permisive licensed bullshit

im copyleft gnu/workers party now

>Minix is the most installed OS in the world
No retard, that is either ThreadX, or more likely still Windows, because older and AMD CPUs.

of course the elite don't think rules apply to them you shouldn't let them apply to you either the only people who follow laws are scared sheep and retards. why should a government control what you do in your life with things which are usually extremely stupid and fit some sort of agenda

Public domain means you can do whatever you want.
BSD actually has a couple of conditions. You can't ditch the copyright notice. You can't wrap another license around it.
Are you a Linux kernel developer? Because only Linux kernel developers are stupid enough to think you can do whatever you want to BSD-licensed code:
undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20070913014315

At this point we might as well reset Earth

STOP SPYING ON ME REEEEEEEEE

Black cube is a reference to Saturn. If you're not woke to flat earth and elite occultism it can be a difficult pill to swallow.

Basically if you look at images of Saturn there's a huge rotating hexagon on it. A 2-d projection of a cube looks like a hexagon.

Look at Mecca. Muslims wander around this cube in circles imitating Saturn. Saturn is their god. Saturn = Chronos god of time. Also known as death or the grim reaper.

Their god is Satan. The Muslims and the elites both worship Satan but the Muslims just don't realize it while the elites purposefully do it. They go as far as to sacrifice children to idols.

The truth goes deep. The earth is flat. NASA is 100% bullshit. Actually Nasa in Hebrew means "to be taken up" or "to greatly deceive". In other words its a "tall tale".

Don't believe the lies. There is no God but Jehovah and the only way to Him is through His Son Jesus Christ.

>Black cube is a reference to Saturn.
yeah I know

>flat earth
but this is retarded

it has the exact equivalent to ME, dumbasses
libreboot.org/faq.html#amd-platform-security-processor-psp

another reason to hate americunts

It's actually very different.
PSP stands for Platform Security Processor and it mostly does security related things like verifying firmware images and has TPM functionality.
Intel's Magagement Engine, on the other hand, does a lot more because it was made for remote low-level administration in businesses. Therefore it has features like zeroconf and other crazy shit that was shown to be vulnerable multiple times in the past.

All in all, both PSP and ME are bad, but ME is a lot more dangerous because it has a considerably larger scope.

If you want to escape the botnet while using x86, the most modern non-botnet arch is AMD's Piledriver (FX-x3xx and Ax-5xxx CPUs).

>you don't want the botnet on the right?
>pick the botnet on the left!
nice try CIA

AMD only started shipping PSP in consumer CPUs starting with Steamroller arch, which was limited to APUs (because FX-series didn't get any more refreshes).

source?
tell me there is a non botnet amd cpu made after 2010 with proof and I will literally get it tomorrow

youtube.com/watch?v=Nol8kKoB-co

I'll just leave this here; its worth a listen if your interested in knowing how everything that isn't open source is 100% of the time always backdoored (its easy to write in backdoors to anything or bind them to whatever) its sad; time to rip out all my hard drives and start live booting 100% of the time.

If this is right, I want to be wrong.

Better yet, don't use computer. Use paper and pen, calculator. This is actually so ridiculous that everything has a backdoor or some kind of spying shit or malicious intent.
Why don't normies riot and raise up to barricades? Why don't they care? Every fucking person on metro in the morning are using smartphone and browsing fucking facebook and instagram, empty stare and no actual thoughts.
Even if they are stupid why don't they care?

Full disclosure: I own FX-8370, but not for the security reason but because it was cheap.

This has been very hard to source, but:

community.amd.com/community/amd-corporate/blog/2015/05/11/amd-s-security-strategy-decreasing-digital-dangers
>AMD’s new 2014 Mainstream and Low-Power Mobile APUs (formerly codenamed “Beema” and “Mullins”) feature a first-of-its-kind, AMD-developed platform security processor (PSP) based on the ARM Cortex-A5 featuring ARM TrustZone® technology

The actual presentation:
uefi.org/sites/default/files/resources/UEFI_PlugFest_AMD_Security_and_Server_innovation_AMD_March_2013.pdf

And there's this coreboot thread:
mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2014-August/078489.html

Vishera (FX-x3xx) is from 2012 so it predates all of that by a few years.

thanks, I'll look into this

buy from alternative sources
Purism is starting to sell laptops with Intel ME disabled by default. System 76 released firmware updates to disable IntelME on most of their 6th, 7th and 8th gen Intel processors

supposedly Dell is offering the option to have IntelME disabled on some of their Latitude laptops for $20, not sure if thats true or not though

While this is nice seeing it done on laptops, I want it disabled on desktops.
I'll gladly give Dell money if they'll disable ME on a desktop board.

>for $20

from my understanding of it, aren't desktop boards easier to work with for disabling IntelME? all you need is an spi flash programmer
laptops are a different story since a lot of times its soldered to the board. not to say its impossible but a big undertaking for most people. i know i wouldnt risk wasting a grand possibly ruining my xps 13 to try it

Now that qualcomm are pushing out 'always-connected' technologies and partnering with AMD they are hardly being subtle.

why so many kernels?

because they don't know.
what a stupid fucking argument you've laid out; I can smell the shit inside the thing you call your skull from my computer speakers just reading that post.

that's like saying; that if I spit inside the food at the shop I work at every time I get an order; how come the people don't rise up and sue the dinner and have me fired and put in jail? because they have to first prove that I'm spitting inside the food first then come after me.

>based Chad "yea whatever feel free to use my code just tell them I made it"
vs
>literal communism
Cuck license indeed, that GPL

>based BSD license!
>based intel jews!

>license == licensed product
By that measure GPL is even worse than forced communism :^)

>Minix
>MIT license
LITERALLY cuck license for a cuck OS.

it's funny too because (((Eben Moglen))) is the one who convinced them to do it, proving once again that all marxists are kikes

>flat meme
Explain the horizon
Explain boats being swallowed up by it as they go far
Explain galileo while jews had no power at the time

chad fucked over, because intel never told anyone they use minix kernel. bsd cuckery at its finest.