Wifi booster/amplifier

I live about 5 miles outside the city and would like to connect my wireless devices to any of the free WiFi available using an outdoor mounted antenna. Pic related is a setup sold in the UK. What could I use in the US to receive/transmit up to 5 miles?

Other urls found in this thread:

freeantennas.com/projects/template2/
amazon.com/Antenna-World-G2424-Directional-Parabolic/dp/B00NQGVMSE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I doubt anything will reach that far even if you hack it to illegaly transmit higher than FCC allows.

Well what is there available that will receive/transmit up to two or three miles?

Set up a pole with a directional antenna. I managed to get a 5km reliable link in my family's farm house with cheapo hardware

Can you be more specific on that "cheapo hardware"?

Don't use omnidirectional monopol antenna, look for directional antenna like yagi/mesh/parabolic reflector.

Your speed and latency are likely to be horrendous assuming you manage to get this setup working at all.

>router with alumunium foil reflector taped in its antenna as a feeder.
Does it works?

My farm had an unused satellite dish on an old ham radio tower (~20m high), I reoriented it to point into a house next town over which we made the arrangements to serve end link for the wired internet connection (5mbps up/down, not that great but it's way way better than satellite internet or hspa, this was back in 2009 btw). In both sender and receiver I put a TP-link panel antenna where the satellite TV receptor used to be connected to a WRT-54G enclosed in a weatherproof box, configured in bridge mode. Connection was pretty sold for something that cost less than $300. In 2015 we upgraded to Ubiquiti antennas and APs, but we hired a company to do it.

freeantennas.com/projects/template2/

Assuming you dont have direct line-of-sight,

Ubiquiti locoM9 or Ubiquiti NBM9

>5 miles
You will need a fucking antenna

I have a cable company less than half a mile away from me with free wifi. What can i use to connect to it from my home?

ISPs hate him! Find out how a metal plate and a microphone can give YOU horrible random internet from the dentist's office 2 miles away!

So, how do you actually configure these niggas?
You just put your router on the focal point and break in some random network?
If thats the case, wouldnt it be better used to steal internet directly from a ISP satellite or 4g?
I dont actually know how signals works

your going to want something like this

Antenna World G2424

connected to a Alfa AWUS036NHA

its gunna be a little tricky to aim put it on a pole or get something on your roof with a long cable but I had a similar link that was over a mile to a local coffee shop

amazon.com/Antenna-World-G2424-Directional-Parabolic/dp/B00NQGVMSE

these are pretty ghetto and only good for a temporary link for hacking or something.

You cant steal internet directly because the ISP has proprietary back-haul equipment that runs at 5-60ghz you can really buy that stuff for cheap plus you would have to have access to their equipment to make a link

dude, i know internet is expensive and ISP's are fithy FCC jews. for real though i would just buy charter spectrum or use public wifi.

>use public wifi

YOU didn't even read OP, you triple nigger.

You'll need a repeater of sorts since the Free Wifi youre going from

So it should look like

YOU Access Point free wifi