Macbook vs Thinkpad

How does Sup Forums respond to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

appleinsider.com/articles/12/06/13/teardown_of_retina_display_macbook_pro_finds_soldered_ram_propreitary_ssd
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/4w_hB4_QMNsMEbLepd7C7g/
images.anandtech.com/doci/7119/interior.jpg
custompcreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/razer-blade-14-inch-gaming-notebook-custom-pc-review-17.jpg
ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook Pro 15-Inch Retina Display Mid 2014 SSD Replacement/27694
youtube.com/watch?v=i9BNJrd70Wg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go to bed, kid.

>processor with integrated GPU
aaaaaaaand dropped

Why should I pay more for something inside I can't even access? Apple is the greatest striptease. Everything they do is to make fun of their users.

Macbook is engineered with as few wires as possible and nearly everything is soldered on to keep costs as low as possible.
Thinkpad is designed with some repairability in mind.

every Thinkpad has a processor with integrated GPU as well (except those Xeon ones)

>integrated GPU
Is that something you advertise?

Thinkpad is actually designed for a single department to service hundreds if not thousands of them regularly and quickly. Some businesses have 200-2500 Lenovo Thinkpads.

kek

>No access to battery
>No RAM upgrading option
>NO SSD REPLACEMENT OPTION
>Butterfly switches get unusable after three years
>2000$ + shitbox
Have fun when that pile of unserviceable shit.

thinkpads can come highly spec'ed out of the box and later upgraded to keep up. macs can be highly spec'ed as well but have little to no upgrade path other than buying the latest and having your genius dump your data on to it for a nominal fee.

is this you OP?

have fun spending $$$ and loving all things apple

having a touchbar for emojis is totally worth not being able to upgrade or fix the computer yourself.

apple products are truly worth the money

appleinsider.com/articles/12/06/13/teardown_of_retina_display_macbook_pro_finds_soldered_ram_propreitary_ssd
Soldered fucking RAM.
Get cucked.

Amount people complains out warranty MacBooks get say to be garbage or pay hundreds dollars to easy repair.

Apple : hey just buy a new laptop!!!.

>Still shilling chinkpads
Hasn't been a worthwhile model since the T420.
Save yourself some trouble and get a dell precision, far far better quality laptop with just as much user serviceability.

No need to get your neckbeard in a bunch, we're all just shitting on Applel here.

to be fair the X1 Carbons have been doing that as well as the slim variants within the T-series since the T440s I believe.

Every single Apple product is gorgeous inside. I've never seen 10% that attention to detail of any non-Apple product ever.

I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.

>How does Sup Forums respond to this?

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/4w_hB4_QMNsMEbLepd7C7g/

not getting apple care which replace the whole laptop for a brand new model one

>the only component where serviceability matters is HDD/SSD
>autists sperg about RAM
Why?

if i did not know anythink about computers, I would assume that the macbook is better. but because I know many things about computers, I am aware of the fact that a functional design is not always the prettiest and also you pressed the submit button while sucking one thousand dicks

>soldered in RAM
lmao

What's the longest you can get Apple Care for? Two years from date of purchase? Three?

I just recently had the SSD fail in a 2013 Macbook Pro that's still perfect in every other way. I just swapped in a new SSD, but if it was one of the new-style soldered-on ones it'd be trash (or at least a huge pain to get a transplant SSD soldered on in place of the old one)

Ram won't fail (or hard ever), but it's nice to have an upgrade path as ram prices come down and demands rise.

>demands rise
It doesn't though.

this is fucking retarded why replace an enitre computer, thats not sustainable

This is a premium product and it was designed to become obsolete from the start. It doesn't actually have to be this way, but Apple's model is setup so that if you want a Macbook Pro with specs that will let it perform well for the duration of it's life you will have to pay an absurd amount of money for it. If you go for the base model, well it's just not going to perform well down the road and then you're stuck with obsolete hardware with no upgrade path.

Yes it does. Software becomes more ram and resource hungry by the year.

cuz thats apple support they send you a new one, the old one get fixed and its sold in the refurbish store

Not really. 8GB has been a gold standard for typical desktop use for a good decade. 16GB is overkill even today and will be more than enough for the forseeable future and virtually all modern hi-end laptops offer this much as an option. RAM upgradability is really a non-issue compared to HDDs and WLAN/WAN modules. It's peculiar that it keeps being stressed by all the autismos around.

Function > Form

The fact that you can't touch your internal ssd is a giant deal breaker. I've tried explaining this to family members who cry when they max out the 256GB that came built into the device. Mac is completely normie garbage nowadays, not that it was ever great but this is what happens when you let a homosexual run a computer company.

>16GB is overkill even today
bahwwbhhwahwahwahw
unless you only use sheets docs and all the office shit and browers you are a retarded.
16gb was standar about 4years ago try to keep up gramps

you can upgrade the ssd ?

>soldered on ram
>no user serviceable parts at all
>mactoddler just voided his warranty anyway

>muh form over function
Let me ask you, how many times have you opened up your laptop? As you're an Apple user, you probably throw out your Macbook when you get the low battery notification, but that's beside the point. When you're replacing some RAM and maybe an HDD, the internals don't matter. When I swapped my HDD in my Thinkpad, I looked at the internals for maybe 3 minutes.

On top of this, Macbooks are throttling and overheating pieces of shit, so I guess those pretty internals don't work in your favor much, huh?

Workstation ThinkStation.

>Macbooks are throttling and overheating
looks like this poorfag never use a macbook before

Paying attention to stuff most will never see is indicative of care taken elsewhere.

What do you bet OSX code is also well formatted and designed, vs. spaghetti-code Windows.

well we aren't all poor NEET's like you user. Some of us can afford to throw money at Apple to fix our nice looking electronics.

Haha I really do feel sorry for poor cunts like you. You will never know what it's like to fuck a beautiful woman. Stay a virgin, faggot.

>root

don't tell us what you and your dad did lastnight user.

Top: soldered RAM, soldered SSD, glued-down batteries, all designed to be non-replaceable and non-upgradeable for a disposable piece of shit.
Bottom: socketed RAM, socketed expansion cards, slot-loaded SSD, easily replaceable battery, designed to be a machine made to last and able to grow as your needs require.

False color image on the Mac

images.anandtech.com/doci/7119/interior.jpg

custompcreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/razer-blade-14-inch-gaming-notebook-custom-pc-review-17.jpg

2/10 troll

no and no

>False color image on the Mac
it's real though.

ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook Pro 15-Inch Retina Display Mid 2014 SSD Replacement/27694

nice arguments!

?

I've taken apart many a Macbooks, they really do look like that inside, black PCBs and every single component colour-matched. 11/10 aesthetics.

not to mention most business laptops come with service manuals
I'd like to see anyone show me a official service manual for a macbook with detailed disassembly

Nice strawman. I love OSX. I never said I didn't.
Except they do. That's one of the top complaints from macbook users; overheating and throttling. But what would you know about your own laptop, you blew $2000 on a device you use to look at your aunt's conspiracy theorist facebook memes.
It's funny because I never said I was a virgin nor did I ever say I never fucked a beautiful woman. But leave it to a Macbook user to be as superficial and pathetic as you. Also, you sound like a child
>look at my pretty toy
>waaaaah my toy broke buy me a new one
>look at me im part of the UPPER CLASS OF SOCIETY

youre fucking man there isnt much a arguement
not all laptops including thinkpads come with integrated gpus and mobile xeons have integrated gpus

Of course apple can upgrade it

Macbook is a base model mercedes
Thinkpad is a 70 series Landcruiser
Think about what I'm saying

but thats fucking wrong

Old boss's 2015 mbp got run over by a truck on the highway and the ssd was still good

That one had a removable SSD, new ones are soldered on so it'd be a huge PITA to try and recover data.

Fuck I want an EV more than ever now. Goddam hurricanes, I swear.

Apple focuses on making shit you never see pretty while forgoing repair/upgrade-ability

Meanwhile i'm sitting here waiting for the 1tb ssd & 16gb ram for my zenbook to arrive.

>Macbook is a base model mercedes
Sure thing bro! 2TB SSD + Radeon Pro 560 + 16GB RAM + i7 7920HQ + 2880x1800 IPS is totally base model.

More like Macbook is a maxed out Tesla Model S, and a T70 is a very big truck.

why would you ever wanted a dedicated gpu in your laptop

I don't have rich parents and I like playing with my own machine.

This. Or a HP Zbook.

This. Can't stress that enough. Sure, upgradeability is nice, but when your laptop is in an unbootable condition being able to easily remove the drive is a lifesaver.

For gaming on the go!

Forgot pic.

didn't know Audi made electric cars

oh, sorry, little kid, we're not talking about toys right now

i too have a p51, full spec and love it.

>fuck consumers out of being able to upgrade so they're forced to buy a new one
it's a shady business practice but it's money-making
reee homos though, sure

>black box i can't fix or modify, making me reliant on some (at best) metrosexuals to fix my device
or
>off-the-shelf parts assembled overseas by child slaves that i can fix or modify all by myself without a thumbs up from some AIDS-patient worshipping smacktards
hmmm, user... real though choice

for gaming

>implying macbooks aren't also put together by starving chinese children in sweatshops

i knew i phrased that weird. i guess i meant more that, in the OP pic, the internals of the thinkpad feel less clean, less """premium""". putting form over function in the part of the machine where only function matters is pants-on-head retarded, even for apple's designers, who have already proven themselves to be pretty fucking stupid.

It's funny that they design the internals to look so nice when they're not even designed to be opened. It's like keeping a beautiful painting in a lead box. A complete waste.

> complete waste
you know design is not all about “muh repairability” right?

Apple managed to fit a 99Wh battery inside that thin chassis, while still having dual fans and great specs. That was unprecedented on 2012.

You know what else was unprecedented in 2012?

800Mhz.

This. Apple was, is, and always will be a fucking joke.

Bad analogy, macbook is like a tesla model s but a overheating one

What the fuck, do thinkpads really have holes for USB and other shit on the back side behind the lid? This is ridiculous.

The ThinkPad unironically looks better.

That model's like what, 3 grand? For that price you could get a maxed out P71 with a Xeon, a workstation GPU and 32 gb ram. And it doesn't throttle and a lot more durable.

show me a 15 inch Kaby Lake Macbook overheating
> pro tip: you can’t
only the old ones overheat

>browers
But that's the biggest RAM hog of them all, user!

Literally no program I use waste as much RAM as my browser.

yeah, but it’s still a huge and heavy plastic block with a 16:10 display.

16:9 display

fixed.

youtube.com/watch?v=i9BNJrd70Wg

MacBook Pro loss because overheat

>black PCBs
>11/10 aesthetics
Literally kys yourself. There's nothing worse than black PCBs, making traces completely invisible and different logical blocks visually indistinguishable. It's as retarded as modern PSUs shipping with black-only cables, the result of which is that you have cables all up in a bunch with no way to visually tell them apart.

Thinkpad is way easier to work on and is easily up-gradable.

The macbook is still pretty much the same as it was 6 years ago and is very overpriced (new thinkpads are overpriced as well but who buys new thinkpads)

> because overheat
nope, they didn’t even measure temperature or throttling in the video

MACTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Now 2 core low power bet MacBook Pro ...

Ahem

You can see where they attempt to look like a Macbook on the inside, but of course can't pull off the details. E.g. Apple would never have that green SSD board (they commission their own black ones), those colour wire connectors (flat-flex only only Apple), albedo on the black plastics is all over the place (Apple would insist they all be identically reflective and textured), inconsistent screws...

what thinkpad is this and how is the game running?