Why aren't you using a smart lamp?

why aren't you using a smart lamp?

My dumb lamp just werkz

Because I'm smart

mainly because retarded products like this are posted on Sup Forums in the "why aren't/don't youusing x" format

Genuinely kek'd.

What on earth is this
Like one of those fans?

Because I don't fall for consumerist gimmicks and shilling.

I don't want a Halo ring inside my house
Also regular lamp just wrrks

I prefer my light emitters botnet-free.

Stargate, Ubisoft, SPARKLE

can i stick my wiener in it?

I dont want my cock ring to glow and connect to the internet

Because a $5 LED bulb inside a $10 ikea floor lamp modified with $0.05 of electrical tape is good enough.

I'm not retarded

>wake up in the middle of the night
>lamp is on

I will wait until we get the netnavis before diving into this Megaman battle network future.

Without some means of jacking in the devices and cleaning off the viruses is quite a bad future.

>botnet lamp

>He doesn't get off on the thought of the NSA spying on his internet connected cock ring as he uses it

Look at him. Look at him and laugh.

Yes, there's a lamp on the base and what it does is it's emitted to the rim where due to the airplane wing shape of the ring it multiplies the amount of light that goes through it.

Well you could say my lamp is "smart" i just added a timer to a regular lamp

more like a fart lamp BRAAAP fuck you

>Alexa lamp
What the actual fuck. I hope this isn't a trend and there won't be alexa fridges, ovens, and what have you. Are we in the terminator or the matrix timeline I can't tell yet

IKEA trådfri is pretty nice. No internet connection required other than for firmware updates. I have it blocked in my router. Put home assistant on a raspberry pi and you can connect it with all kinds of other devices and services and it's all under your control

We're in the megaman battlenetwork timeline.

That's an awfully dumb design for something called a smart lamp.

Because I don't need an uppity lamp that thinks it's smarter than me. I just need a device that converts electricity into electromagnetic radiation within a particular wavelength band.

Is this another fucking internet of things project? I wonder if it's got an NIC and microphone in it.

it's an amazon echo with a lamp on it

I ain't using a lamp that will be part of a ddos botnet if I don't update the firmware in the middle of the night while I was doing something important.

spbp