X software doesn't run natively on linux

>x software doesn't run natively on linux
>"just use wine bro!"

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

90% of the people use Wine for office and even that barely works.

What if I'm using suckless software?
Checkmate GNU/Faggot

>90% of people use wine for office
Why woud you use MS office when you have Libreoffice?

>x software doesn't run natively on linux
What they don't tell you is no-one ported it because it's not needed.
You're trying to use GUI tools on a CLI OS.

> >"just use wine bro!"
Just use a KVM.

It's Linux. Just Linux.
Say it with me now:

LINUX
I
N
U
X

Fucking shit, no wonder you guys can't crack more than a few percent.

>>>Replying to gnuposters

Because you want to share your documents with other people without the outgoing result being ineligible mess because of incompatible formating

That and the fact that the word editor is a garbage fucking hot mess. The only redeemable feature is Calc, which works just fine, unless you want to use it as a dirty mathlab replacement.

odt type works with MS stuff though. It's MS that refuses to make their stuff compatible

What do you mean it barely works?
The only parts I noticed that didn't work was the special copy paste that requires windows.
I don't use it anymore though.

don't use wine it fucking sucks

Why would they make their software compatible with the 837498023457209384 varying linux distros out there when they can finely tune it for windows and macOS?

You'd have a point if you were responding to OP.

But LibreOffice has nothing to do with Linux. It runs on both Windows and Mac too.

how's your first day on Sup Forums buddy?

>MS releases whatever is needed to make their .docx or whatever proprietary format open
>libre office devs implement it into libre office
>Wow, formatting gets fixed across all platforms
The fault is on Microsoft for this. Linux plays nice with standards anyone and implement

Wut? Libreoffice is very capable these days, and WPS is a thing if you don't mind the Chinese botnet, as well as Google Docs. But the real solution is to use Latex like a human being.

Why would you ever use Calc as a Matlab replacement when octave exists?

i use it for native dx9

>leave everything as it is
>loonix tards HAVE to use wine/Windows/virtualize windows/whetever, making them use windows in some way

>make .docx open
>lose that part of users who stick to wangblows only to use Word

Hmm, really activates my almonds, what should MS do???