Why you guys uses this shit?

Why you guys uses this shit?

>No one actually use *BSD, not even the developers.

it's for servers 2bh

>Current Operating System: FreeBSD botnet

It's not OpenBSD

>still not working

These retards solutions is a garbage!

>actually using BSDs for the desktop

werks4me

I've tried FreeBSD a number of times now, on a Chinkpad X220, a T43, and through QEMU. It took a good hour or so to get X going properly on the thinkpads. I had to rely on Xorg configs that people have thrown up on Github in both cases to manually write a config that worked. X just shat itself to a green, glitched up screen in QEMU. For some reason my fonts were janked up on the X220, and GNOME is just woefully broken on FreeBSD. XFCE just werked. Auto-mounting worked once, and it never worked again. Storage devices didn't work through the USB 3.0 port on the X220. As another user said, BSD is like Linux would be if what the shit that people say about Linux were actually true.

I don't buy the "I-it's for servers!" meme. Linux is generally more secure. I'd only give BSD possible credit for being good with networking and MAYBE appropriate if you absolutely need ZFS.

Honestly OpenBSD doesn't have any of these issues. I've used it on an x220 for the past 4 years without any issues.

you got successfully memed by us
lmao

this sounds about right
I spent ages trying to get X working in freebsd on a shitty old laptop.

I eventually managed to get it working... at 800x600, and no higher.
on another note, I had ndis wrapped wifi, and the whole machine would just go down every one in four times I tried to connect, although it'd be fine if it did come up.
pretty sure I installed some Linux distro on that machine a week later, the machine runs fedora now

Finally, i get this shit working!

>KDE
You're a shit stained faggot

>t.gnomecuck

Wrong. I'm a matecuck.

Both crap

Go read the fucking manual you pleb
It has a chapter Just for Xorg and talks about the issue you are experiencing
If you weren't such a brain dead retard you would have read the FreeBSD manual before installing and we wouldn't have this thread
>implying you didn't just make this thread to shitpost

obey X.
X is for newfags. real men uses emacs in tty3 using a real terminal(dec writer III).

pff! use the supreme power of i3 wm

You mean why X when Wayland is here?

>Redhat.
No.

Wayland needs more love before it's ready.