"i'll disable my ad blocker if i want to support the website/if the website can promise me malware free ads"

>"i'll disable my ad blocker if i want to support the website/if the website can promise me malware free ads"
>continues to use all websites with complete blocking in place

why are you all such awful people?

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2016/01/08/you-say-advertising-i-say-block-that-malware/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop trying to make money off me you faggot.
I will just go to the archives instead of visiting your site next time.

I'm blocking all ads because I want ads to end.
I support every site, which provides alternate methods of payment.

Not taking something that is offered to me isn't stealing. Fuck off

>Waaah do work for me for free

the only malware free ad is one that is a plain jpeg, or even better, text only.

I'll stop blocking adverts when adverts stop blocking the content I want to see.
It's quite simple really.

Because websites can't promise me malware free ads when they use third party advertising providers.
And they have no liability, neither the website owner nor the advertising providers do. If their carelessness cause millions of devices to get infected they suffer nothing from it monetarily.

>if the website can promise me malware free ads"
They never ever do.

Oh look, it's this thread again.

>unironically comparing ad blocking to bank robbery
One doesn't take lives of the innocent. The other does. With firearms. And explosives.

Because I want everything to collapse, along with human existence.

>disables adblock to support the website he loves
>CPU fan goes to 100% and thousand popups appear
only cucks disable adblock

fuck you, if you were on the internet before 2000 youd know why we block everything

The list of websites without malware free ads is very short.

Because I don't want to support websites. Ads are a retarded way of doing so. I'd be perfectly fine with a 0.3$/month subscription.

>I'll disable my ad blocker if I want to support the website
There's few websites that I support, few that I trust and even fewer in the intersection.

don't mind me, just putting on my adblocker

> $0.30/month

Do you have any fucking clue how expensive paying writers/journalists is?

still want a google glass minus the botnet with ad blocking capabilities to stick it to Madison Avenue.

You know he meant everyone should pay 0.3/month right? Also I don't really know how expensive is to pay these so called """""""""writers/journalists"""""""""", but I would be pretty pissed off if those faggots are anything more than underpaid slaves.

>watch tv
>accidently switch to pther channel right as the commercials come up
fuck me, guess I'm going to jail

Imagine if stores charged you a quarter for entry.

People will get sick of trying to find a quarter and just say fuck it and not go to the quarter per entry store.

Do you have any clue of how little money they get per person visiting a site without an adblock? If I visit a site once and don't block ads they'd get less than $0.005. So, if I visited it a hundred times each month then $0.3 is a fair price.

>0.3$
Do you live in a 3rd world shithole or something like that?

>"i'll disable my ad blocker if i want to support the website/if the website can promise me malware free ads"

Who are you quoting?

See Paying anything more is retarded.

Trolls gotta troll

I'll disable my ad blocker as soon as no ad providers are used as malware vectors, and when ads aren't used to track me.

I disable it on sites without malicious ads

Please tell me the definition of insanity

>work
get a real job, faggot

>I support every site, which provides alternate methods of payment.
Agreed. We should let them mine us whilst we're visiting their sites

>One doesn't take lives of the innocent. The other does. With firearms. And explosives.
Nigga what? I rob peoples bank accounts from the comfort of my home. No harm done. lol

I barely even use my ad blocker, since I have strict 3rd-party everything blocking the vast majority of ads break anyway

>>"i'll disable my ad blocker ... if the website can promise me malware free ads"
Problem is that no site has done this yet, none that I care about at least.

>disabled adblock once to see how the internet looks with ads
>popup ad with flashing lights
>i have epilepsy
never again. ads deserve to die, and i know youre joking but people that think like you also deserve to die

>disable adblocker
>gets hit with malware pretty much instantly
engadget.com/2016/01/08/you-say-advertising-i-say-block-that-malware/

Sorry, this bridge was burned to the ground.
Either come with some sort of standard for ads, like some sort of new web language that is restricted as fuck, or get fucked.

I started using adblockers maybe a decade ago because ads back then used to have videos with sound and we're annoying as shit.
Yesterday or the day before I was reading the article "why does this container emit so much radiation" on wired while at work without adblock and every time I scrolled, the page would jump back and forth a few times in order to adjust itself for the floating ads. It was so annoying and distracting. It reminded me why I started using adblockers in the first place and why I will always use them.

>Go to "trusted" site
>Re-direct ad to a site called upgrade.systems (which looks like the play store) and tells me to update the video player.

I used to whitelist sites but fuck that if even major websites serve malware

>if you don't run this code on your browser whose only purpose is to make me money, you are a bad person

nice logic

>some sort of new web language that is restricted as fuck
It's called image files and anchor tags with a href attribute.

Any ad that needs more than that is either some sort of cancerous interactive minigamey bullshit that takes up way more CPU and RAM than it has any right to, or bundles tracking scripts. There is literally no legitimate reason to include code in advertisements.

"lame quote from a videogame"
What do I win?

>click some shit
>infinite tabs appear "CLICK HERE TO GET A BIGGER PENIS" "AD FOR WHATEVER SHIT #9999"

>fake videos, fake links, fake buttons that take to ads
>annoying shit popping up everywhere
>ads with sound
>ads blocking my access to your content (protip, if you wanna charge people for you stuff, do something worth it and actually charge instead of putting gay ass ads)
>"HEY WE'VE NOTICED YOU'RE USING AN AD BLOCKING ADDON"

Yeah, no, fuck off. The best times was when the site itself had specific places where ads would show up. So it was generally some shitty gif or picture with "ENLARGE YOUR PENIS NOW!" instead of pictures of dicks getting bigger popping in my screen.

>muh morals
Consider me spooked

>he doesnt block it all at the router
Rifk al you newfags using adblock and ublock in you're browser

Remember when people hosted websites because they wanted to, not because they wanted to be compensated? If you want to host a website you need to host it, either by paying for it or by hosting it yourself. Both of these options have only gotten cheaper and easier over time. You shouldn't rely on others to support your hobby or service.

This. if ads could be made non invasive I would consider allowing them through. Either way, there isn't shit that I want these fucking morons to attempt to market to me anways, fuck off shill, heres another (you)

cry me a river faggot you won't be able to get a real job as a webdev in 10 years anyways

I'm never gonna disable adblocking on any site ever cause I don't give a single solitary fuck call the police nigger come at me

Because it's part of the Commonsense 2017 Pro Platinum Edition suite that I rely on for security?

>"i'll disable my ad blocker if i want to support the website

Do people actually do this? I'll pirate this movie and if I like it I'll buy it.

t-this is a real j-j-job it pays, now stop blocking ads so I can make money off of the internet!

I wasn't blocking ads on 4chins, but Hiro went full retard.

I don't watch ads on TV
I don't listen to ads on the radio
I don't look at the ads in newspapers and magazines
I don't read billboards
And I don't want ads in my browser

Get a real job.

Visiting a website doesn't mean I need to execute all of the Javascript on it or display all parts of it.

>"please disabl adblock pleas we starve" banner instead of ad banner on the site
>proceed to block that site element manually

I do that. For example: dragon's dogma for PC got leaked a few days before official release. I bought it and liked it so much I ended up buying a copy for myself, and three more copies for friends. I don't know why people find it so hard to believe that torrenting isn't as black/white as the movie industry makes it to be