Please teach me diffrent between "shall" and "should"

Teach me,please
I cant understand diffrent between it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_modal_verbs#Shall_and_should
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A more important question : coffee or green tea?

Im studing English, by the way I like (iced)coffe.

>YOU SHOULD NOT PASS

YOU SHALL OF NEVER COME HERE

>I cant understand "not pass"
please teach me

I cant understand "YOU"
please teach me^o^b

shall is generally conveys a future tense

>I shall bake a cake

meaning you will do it in the future sometime

Should is more of a present tense thing
>I should bake a cake

Its implies you are doing it right now

Shall is used for factual things. "You shall go" means you will go, there is no doubt about it. "You should go" means only that the speaker wants it to happen.

No one uses shall outside of fantasy writing and legal documents, use "will" or "are going to" instead.

Thank you! ;_;

I'll also add, "should" is used when you think something might happen, it's up to you to figure out whether or not the speaker wants it to happen. "It should rain" means it's probably going to rain.

One is something you will do, the other is something you feel like you are supposed to do but might not

Teach me the difference between kimchi and teriyaki you gook.

put it in your butthole; if you feel burning pain it's kimchi

Should is in reference to something that seems likely to happen or one believes to be necessary, and shall means something that will happen.

>Should is more of a present tense thing
>>I should bake a cake
>Its implies you are doing it right now

"should" implies that the speaker thinks it would be prudent to bake a cake in the future. "I am baking a cake" implies that they are baking a cake right now.

>shall
This word is dead. Unless you're Captain Picard, remove it from your vocabulary.

underrated post

Now, you've got a (you) !

Shall - declaring that you will do something
Should - declaring that it is beneficial, or good in some way for you to do it, but still not required to do.

These
>I shall shitpost
I declare that I will shitpost
>I should shitpost
I declare that shitposting is the best course of action at the moment

Can't it be more simple than this anglospeakers told? Isn't it just
Shall = will
Should = must
???

Once MacArthur defeated against Japan. He said "I shall return." I assume this sentence is so-so famous among Japanese. I understood "shall" by this sentence.

See your grades for academic english? Yeah, that's what it means to "not pass"

нea
must - ты ДOЛЖEH (OБЯЗAH)
should - тeбe CЛEДOBAЛO БЫ

ecть paзницa мeждy "ты oбязaн cбpить ycы" и "тeбe лyчшe бы былo cбpить ycы"

Shall = つもり
Should = ほうがいい
Or something among those lines

Okay, I'll have a go.

I shall do it - means that the speaker will do it /for sure/

I should do it - implies that the speaker will do it eventually but later on may not do it.

English isn't my first language so I apologize if this wasn't very helpful.

Oh ok, ty tovarishch

"Shall" is considered archaic and only used in literary english. Both words are interchangable

Nobody uses shall in conversation anymore. You're going to look like a fedoratard if you say "Shall we dance" or "I shall not." Use will for everything. You'll only encounter shall in books and movies.

they are definitely not interchangeable

shall is generally used after i and we in the classic british english, will is used after s/he/it and they, otherwise it implies some kind of obligatoriness to do something like you shall do it is more forceful than you will do it

iirc

why is a vagina called beaver

'Shall' and 'should' are examples of modal verbs, which play the same role as conjugations in Japanese.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_modal_verbs#Shall_and_should

Very roughly:
I/you/we read = 読む
I/we shall read = 読もう
You shall read = 読め
I/we should read = 読もわれる
You should read = "読め + られる" -> 読めばいい

Besides shall/should, other examples of making a modal verb more passive include:

can/could (読める)
will/would (読ませる)
may/might (読めばいい or 読んでもいい)

Should is a suggestion. Shall implies that you intend to do it.

>english subjunctive replaces "was" with "were"
Why? Just to be random?

>will we dance
>sounding natural

That expression is replaced with something like let's dance or wanna dance. You won't have to use any of these because you're the guy holding your sister's coat and telling people your date is in the restroom.

Surprisingly more difficult to explain than I thought it would be since it just comes so naturally. They are essentially different forms of the same word:

"Shall" = Definite/Future/Formal form ("You shall receive a sum of $100", "You shall not pass!", "You shall go on a quest")

"Should" = Hypothetical/Abstract form ("You should fix this", "You should not have done that", "You should find a nice girl")

"to shall" is the infinitive of the verb, "should" is the past tense or the subjunctive mood of the verb.
It us used whenever one should use the subjunctive.