Jokes aside, what is it with Americlaps and Easter? Genuinely curious

Jokes aside, what is it with Americlaps and Easter? Genuinely curious

Easter?

They don't celebrate it and we would like to know why.

Technically it's an imported holiday from Europe and the Catholics when they had to make deals with pagans to accept Christian rule instead of just killing missionaries. Also Easter is name of pagan goddess.

tl;dr blame catholics

we don't worship ivory statues and tiny carvings of jesus like you dirty pagans

Australians are NOT welcome ITT
Go lag with your poor internet somewhere else

Prostestants don't celebrate the Resurrection? It's the #1 holiday in Christianity wtf

We do celebrate easter, it's just a kinder egg meme.

Just a reminder that there is literally nothing you can do to stop us posting in this thread.

And your thoughts?

the #1 holiday is every day. jesus was a humble man and wouldn't want us to feast in his name; rather, he would want us to treat all those around us with kindess
tl;dr kys

American here. I don't get this meme.

My family always celebrated Easter.

I've been banned twice now for posting thread within the Easter meme template but not actually mentioning Easter.

I'll probably just do it again as well.

Easter?

How could you have celebrated Easter when chocolate eggs are banned?

I'll nuke you, I'll rain you with emus and pinoys if you don't stfu

How do Americans celebrate Easter?

You collect eggs, you go to a church service, it's whatever. There's no big festival or whatever the fuck yuros do on Easter. Christmas is definitely the bigger holiday.

We celebrate easter.
Even I do as a Jew.
Pretty sure it's just a shot at how kinder eggs have been banned here.

Vexation?

only catholic americans celebrate it. no pagans on Sup Forums though, you'll have to check the commie boards

I don't know where this meme was hatched from
Probably some german kids
I'm as suprised as you are

EASTER?

Thanks

abandon thread

Pâques

When I was a kid we would paint eggs, and go on hunts for empty plastic eggs filled with candy that our family hid.
Tons and tons of candy was involved as well, but that still holds true now. Chocolate rabbits, and everything.

What the hell is this shit? Where is Jeesus? Why rabbits should hide eggs?

Lutherans do but it's pagan af here with all our weird traditions like dressing kids up as witches and making them exchange decorated twigs for candy.

Would you say any of your sweets are ovarian? Suprisingly so in fact?

Literally what
It's a kids' game mate, doesn't sound like a celebration, sadly...
WTF i hate finlan now

?

It's not completely pagan of course, religious people go to church. But most Finns nowadays are pagan fedora tippers.

*tips decorative twig
>"m'sami"

I know it's a meme but I just wanna say that kinder surprise eggs are gross and I'm glad they are banned here.

>he doesn't like syncretism.

Poor taste

WHY

DON'T

If you want the truth, it was just turned into a cartoonish nearly irrelevant holiday and excuse for sales at matress sellers and car dealers, with almost no Jesus, just like any other beloved religious holiday American Protestants touch.

I'm a Jew so I don't give a shit about the religious side of it.
It's mainly about candy.
And candy makes me happy.

Celebrate your own holidays, you shit.

Easter's a Christian holiday, so naturally the question wasn't for you. I don't know why you felt the urge to write anything.

I like you australia!

I don't get it, what's wrong with our easter?

but we do, it's just not a federal holiday. Should passover be a holiday too?

>jesus
>easter
Easter is about chocolate rabbits you macaroni btich

it's called passover, that's how

what's so special about easter? It happens on a different day every year and it's also like two week longs. That's inconvenient compared to christmas/new years (which usually can be two individual days)