Am I the only one who finds single slots cards sexy af

Am I the only one who finds single slots cards sexy af.
Why haven't we got more cards like the aesthetic God 8800GT?

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/content/dam/en-zz/Solutions/design-visualization/documents/Quadro-P4000-US-03Feb17.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump for aesthetics

Because they were hot and loud as fuck

step aside

Its a ploy to try and force me to buy a new PC because the big cards don't fit. Luckily I don't fall for that shit and neither do you. Just take the motherboard out of the case and use whatever GPU you want.

8800GT ran hot as fuck. Any high-performance card with a single slot cooler would run hot as fuck and loud as fuck.

980ti with no dvi port

>water cooling meme
No thanks

>the absolute best
>>meme
Are you too incompetent to set a watercooled setup by yourself?

They are now for expensive workstations, search for all the Quadros and Firepros.
Consumer plebs don't deserve single slot cards.

Are you too incompetent to acknowledge water cooling has no right to exists for practical reasons?

Because workstation cards are heavily under-clocked dumbfuck

We should be putting CPU coolers on GPUs

Elaborate.

Modern cards run at several hundred watts, water is one of the cheaper ways to dispense a single point of heat efficiently.

Why aren't there more cards for shorter cases as well?

Unless you hate good things it has every right to exist.

>expsensive
>maintenance every six months
>risk losing all your shit if a leak happens
>makes changing out any component connected to the loop a pain in the ass
>still no quieter than just using decent air cooling, since the radiator still needs fans and the pump also generates noise

A fan can do that. Enjoy your unnecessary complexity.

nvidia.com/content/dam/en-zz/Solutions/design-visualization/documents/Quadro-P4000-US-03Feb17.pdf

>A fan can do that
Not always.

This is what a reasonable air cooling solution looks like op. Palit GTX 1080.

Also with water cooling you can simply use a very large bucket and not even use a radiator.

If you buy a non-retarded GPU with a fan then the fan can do that, unless your case is a complete cluster fuck.

There's a point to which air cooling is efficient and when water cooling becomes more efficient or the only option.
Stop being a retard.

This is how water cooling actually looks like to normal people using fans.

Not for GPUs fa.m

Yes but why does the fan have to be on the card itself? Why not have just a big ass aluminum heatsink for the entire PC and have the fan attached to that instead? It would be a much more elegant solution. When you replaced the videocard, you wouldn't need to purchase 1 kilogram of aluminum and copper with it. Just plug the tubes and turn on the pump.

wow, that just proves without a doubt you have never built a water cooling loop before.

>expsensive
it's a thick piece of fucking copper or nickel what do you expect retard? It's not cheap because it's a MUCH better at removing heat away from chips.

>maintenance every six months
if you setup your rig to be tapped with ease, because you're not a retard, this is painless. Simple drain and refill, test for leakage, then back to gaming.

>risk losing all your shit if a leak happens
once again, if you're not a retard, this doesn't happen. Most leaks occur because of either over-tightening the fittings and popping the seals of the blocks. Over screwing in the screws into the waterblock can permanently damage them too as well as the radiator. Logic dictates that you should follow the law of gravity when making a water cooling loop, but for fucks sake don't put the fucking reservoir directly above the psu! That's asking for a darwin award.

>makes changing out any component connected to the loop a pain in the ass
if you install quick release fittings you won't have this problem.

>still no quieter than just using decent air cooling, since the radiator still needs fans and the pump also generates noise
my computer sounded like a jet engine with two graphics cards, cpu, and all the fans. Now with the liquid cooling, it's much quieter because of sound dampeners for the pump so it doesn't rattle and make noise, and it's literally the only thing I barely hear when playing games. systems idles at 28C and runs at 45C with dual gpu's and a cpu connected to just one dual rad with two EK fans.

So you think:
>heatsink, tubes, pump, another heatsink, fan, fluids

Is somehow more elegant then:
>heat sink, fan(s)

I really don't see this. I'm sure both solutions work, but all this water stuff is complete over-engineering.

>Proceeds to BTFO 90% of watermemes out there with 0 noise

Do you happen to drive an air-cooled car?

Are you able to understand the scope of this discussion?

Do you understand the scope of my dick?

Do you think it's good for a PCB to be subjected to twisting stresses from a huge-ass heatsink like ?

>want to swap a memory board
>need to dismantle the entire rig in order to do that

oh no theres 500 grams of weight on my pcb

you are fucken dumlord

More like 2.4 kilograms

Plus, it generates shear forces that can easily crack solder joints. No wonder Sup Forums is always having to replace motherboards for no reason.

Because you have to swap memory sticks once a week right?

No, but when I want I won't have a heatsink in the way. My watercooler has been running since the beginning of 2014 and not once did I have to do any sort of maintenance on it.

>*breaks your motherboard*

>expensive
Maybe if you are buying gold plated shit direct from EK. I bought a Swiftech AIO CPU cooler for $100. Bought a waterblock from Ebay for my 780ti GPU for $40 delivered. Hoses, killcoil and PT Nuke around $10.

Took me 1-2 hours to merge everything together (fun as hell) and its been working flawlessly for 1.5 years. Quiet and cool. GPU / CPU never get over 50 C considering its an AIO system with a GPU waterblock added in.

I am certain I could achieve those temps with air cooling, but not at this noise level.

I don't consider what I did autistic or memey.

because modern cards put out a shitload of heat
here's a single slot 1070
it gets hot as fuck and loud as fuck
I'd use it for a workstaion that needed a dense amount of GPU's

I think both looks aesthetic enough. Also water cooling and using a block on the gpu like that makes the gpu look thinner. But at the same time i just use a hyper 212 evo and my i7 stays at about 78 F average. Had a corsair closed loop forgot the model number but the pump in it died pretty quick, like only a year in.

>No use
You have never seen the amount of heat that a you output on certain data centers.

>but the pump in it died pretty quick, like only a year in.

Should have gone with a Coolermaster.

So make and use a brace. Problem solved. One user even used Legos.

So basically if you spend more money on your loop it'll be easier to maintain. Wow I'm just blown away. Never thought of that before

Might as well use a bucket to cool it since I need to jerry rig stuff to make it not destroy the motherboard

i have a black 6800 ultra that looks great, green and black and it's huge, shame it's a little rusty but i think it still works, shame it's AGP tho